Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:54 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Corridor!

There was a horrible storm in February. The storm caused damage to many bungalows. The upgrade you received is abnormal. This is probably the reason for your phenomal upgrade.
That is correct, I was told that the lagoon's water height rose a few feet that it covered the lower bungalow decks. There was like 11 days of non stop rainy weather too. We were there in the last week on March and there were still a few villas being repaired.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by DUflyer
As Spire Ambassador on a rewards stay we didn't get upgraded. Only pool villa and Brando villa were available when we checked in, which we got offered for XPF 18k and 60k per night upgrade fee. We were very happy with our Emerald villa and thought the motu view was much nicer than the mountain view. If we go again, we would ask for the same Emerald villa.

60K is a STEAL for the Brando suite. Wow.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Spire Amabassador over Chrismtas/NYE last year. We were upgraded from Emerald to Sapphire, and our room was the closest bungalow to where it switched to a "Diamond" room (IE our neighbor was Diamond)
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:59 am

Are you sure you stayed over Christmas last year? And not just after?

RA, stayed 7n over Christmas last year. Could have been same room as in post above on points night (honeymoon). 1 cat upgrade.

FWIW the Christmas buffet at the restaurant was qualitative/worth it (coming from someone who doesn’t like buffets).

Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:19 am

Would be most pleased to receive any insight into how this works.

What is the reason why the rate calendar indicates reward nights are available but then when you try to book there are only cash rates?

Are reward nights just not available (even though plenty of the same room available for cash) or are people using some other channel or automated script to snap them up in the microsecond before I see the page load?

Reward nights at the other 3 in the area appear like clockwork, but never Thalasso. What's happening with Thalasso that makes it different? If rooms are booked with free night certificates does that remove any inventory for points reward bookings?

Cheers.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by todderz
Would be most pleased to receive any insight into how this works.

What is the reason why the rate calendar indicates reward nights are available but then when you try to book there are only cash rates?

Are reward nights just not available (even though plenty of the same room available for cash) or are people using some other channel or automated script to snap them up in the microsecond before I see the page load?

Reward nights at the other 3 in the area appear like clockwork, but never Thalasso. What's happening with Thalasso that makes it different? If rooms are booked with free night certificates does that remove any inventory for points reward bookings?

Cheers.
Three words.... Extremely High Demand
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:52 am

From what I understand the Chase Free nights can book further ahead, before the rewards nights. That's how people snatch them up.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by MNHunter
From what I understand the Chase Free nights can book further ahead, before the rewards nights. That's how people snatch them up.
Same with the UK credit card free nights, and the Ambassador weekend nights. Just wasn't sure if they used up the regular rewards inventory but I suppose it makes sense that it all comes from the same pool.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by MNHunter
They don’t book farther out anymore. They used to but now it’s the same as points rooms.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Hopefully, the silver lining from the Chase free night means that this will at least help future inventory. There's definitely been plenty of couples enjoying two free nights there. We will see if that makes any difference.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Hopefully, the silver lining from the Chase free night means that this will at least help future inventory. There's definitely been plenty of couples enjoying two free nights there. We will see if that makes any difference.
Do we know when the Chase Free Nights reverted from being able to book further out, to being limited to the same timeframe as the points?

Since it looks like they can only access 4-months out now (vs previously a longer period), would be curious to know what month it will be when we will start to be able to access fresh inventory (instead of inventory that has already been largely booked up by Chase Free Nights).
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by DUflyer
As Spire Ambassador on a rewards stay we didn't get upgraded. Only pool villa and Brando villa were available when we checked in, which we got offered for XPF 18k and 60k per night upgrade fee. We were very happy with our Emerald villa and thought the motu view was much nicer than the mountain view. If we go again, we would ask for the same Emerald villa.

I am looking to go in December with my wife we both have booked nights with points and chase free night certificates so all nights are reward nights. I have ambassador status currently but she does not is it worth signing her up before we go? She has 3 nights booked at Thalasso with her account and 2 of them I am listed as a guest but one I am not so will me having the ambassador status but the room being under her ihg account get us anything or since it is her account the reservation is under does she have to have it? What benefits does it get us when staying at the Thalasso and also Le Moana when we have booked reward nights?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:32 pm

Thalasso is strict with benefits on awards. Even to RA.

Nevertheless, you can always get lucky, but expect nothing.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:36 am

Possible to extend chase free night certs so they don't expire?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:36 am

Anyone have any scuba diving experience? Currently I have 4 nights booked at IC Thalasso and we have around a 8-9 days so trying to figure out the rest of the stays to where we can do some diving. ie should we spend more time around Tahiti & Moorea. We are open water certified with about 20 dives. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.