Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:41 pm

FYI, award night currently available for 7/16.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:21 pm

This thread is used to be one of the most active thread and I wonder why people stopped posting.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
This thread is used to be one of the most active thread and I wonder why people stopped posting.
Maybe everything that is allowed to be said has been said?

I can give you some statistics about reward nights that became available:

In June: 12 nights became available so far (5 in June, 6 in July, 1 in September)
In May: 33 nights became available (9 in May, 1 in June, 13 in July, 5 in August, 5 in September)
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer

In June: 12 nights became available so far (5 in June, 6 in July, 1 in September)
In May: 33 nights became available (9 in May, 1 in June, 13 in July, 5 in August, 5 in September)
That's quite an improvement I guess. So maybe people don't have difficulty in finding availability compared to the past (e.g., 12 months ago) as long as their schedule is flexible.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
That's quite an improvement I guess. So maybe people don't have difficulty in finding availability compared to the past (e.g., 12 months ago) as long as their schedule is flexible.
These are most likely reward nights canceled by others. They come up at random times and usually don't last very long.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:41 am

How often do you check? Or do you have a tool of some kind? PM if necessary. Thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:34 pm

Lots of people used to rely on "hotel hustle," but it does not work anymore (I tried). I managed to string together a few reservations by checking 1-2x per day over the course of 4-6 weeks. If you're flexible, you'll start to see things pop up. Le Moana is a good backup/holding option, and it generally has better availability.
bobert24 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Chase Free Night

Originally Posted by cpt.shenanigans
Lots of people used to rely on "hotel hustle," but it does not work anymore (I tried). I managed to string together a few reservations by checking 1-2x per day over the course of 4-6 weeks. If you're flexible, you'll start to see things pop up. Le Moana is a good backup/holding option, and it generally has better availability.
I noticed that if you have a free night award available, you are able to find award availability with the free night award that are otherwise unavailable using points.

However, it is only possible to search for chase free night award if you have an award available. This make it difficult if you are interested in changing your booking dates, since it is no longer possible to search for chase free night award availability unless you have one available in your account.

Has anyone found a workaround to search for chase free night award availability when you do not have an award certificate available?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:31 am

Hi Duflyer, if you dont mind, can you share with me your method for finding these dates? I've been trying to search on their site daily and have not see any free days open up... Do you select "other dates" and look at which days are not crossed out? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!!

Last edited by jamrx; Jul 2, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:50 pm

I also heard about this and thinking about applying for the credit card now. When you apply for the credit card, do you get 1 free night right away? or do I have to wait until end of 1st year to get a free night?

Originally Posted by BLTraveler
I noticed that if you have a free night award available, you are able to find award availability with the free night award that are otherwise unavailable using points.

However, it is only possible to search for chase free night award if you have an award available. This make it difficult if you are interested in changing your booking dates, since it is no longer possible to search for chase free night award availability unless you have one available in your account.

Has anyone found a workaround to search for chase free night award availability when you do not have an award certificate available?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Mostly the free night availability seems to be whether that are point nights available. The only "workaround" I know is to call IHG and have them make the switch manually.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:33 pm

I followed the advice of many others on this thread checking daily for reward nights to open up as my trip approaches. I originally had a 5 day trip to bora bora that went as such: 1 Moana, 3 Thalasso, 1 Moana. I was able to swap out my first night at Moana for Thalasso. My question now becomes, having 4 nights at Thalasso should I attempt to switch that last Moana night to Thalasso or is Moana worth experiencing for 1 night?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
I followed the advice of many others on this thread checking daily for reward nights to open up as my trip approaches. I originally had a 5 day trip to bora bora that went as such: 1 Moana, 3 Thalasso, 1 Moana. I was able to swap out my first night at Moana for Thalasso. My question now becomes, having 4 nights at Thalasso should I attempt to switch that last Moana night to Thalasso or is Moana worth experiencing for 1 night?
We did 5 at Thalasso - every day was worth it and dreaded leaving. Moanna is nice, but I would always take Thalasso over it.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
i would do 5 at the Thalasso. I can make the argument for the first night at the Moana as you can load up at the grocery store. I can’t make any argument for the last night at the Moana unless that is your only choice on points.
beagleflyer1977 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by BLTraveler

What you do is you have to change the reservation. After clicking on the Change Stay box, you'll see your reservation details and under Travel Dates you'll be able to edit your travel dates. Because it is a free night booking, after clicking on edit you'll will see a calendar pop open with available free nights. I had to do this recently without having to cancel my original free night booking. It took me about a couple of minutes to change my free night date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.