Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by navatwal
Is there a duty free on arrival at PPT? If so how does selection / pricing compare to LAX?
Not really this thread but no, Not on arrival at PPT.... and it's not much on departure... remember everything is more expensive in French Polynesia in the first place.. I wouldn't count on duty free at PPT for anything...
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:39 pm

Will Thalasso allow 2 adults and 2 small kids in room? I notice max occupancy now is 3, and we have 2 kids. What to do?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Will Thalasso allow 2 adults and 2 small kids in room? I notice max occupancy now is 3, and we have 2 kids. What to do?
Yeah, it will be fine. I was just there with my wife and 2 kids back in September/October.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:12 pm

You could also call IHG and have your reservation updated or email the hotel and let them know.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:17 am
Vay

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat.
Just released Aug 13-14 and 18-19.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have an upcoming reward stay in few weeks... couple of questions before arrival:

1. Any decent discounted upgrade offers at check-in?
2. If taking the 50% off breakfast option can you have breakfast in room and are there any additional charges?
3. Does the hotel provide plenty of free water in room as well as for an Ambassador on an award stay?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:35 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I have an upcoming reward stay in few weeks... couple of questions before arrival:

2. If taking the 50% off breakfast option can you have breakfast in room and are there any additional charges?
3. Does the hotel provide plenty of free water in room as well as for an Ambassador on an award stay?
Someone else can answer 1 and 2 as I didn't enquire about discount upgrades or have the in room service (there is an option where they bring your breakfast by canoe? which is quite expensive iirc). For water, just go to the gym - its complimentary there
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Is it water bottles in the gym or filtered tap system?
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Someone else can answer 1 and 2 as I didn't enquire about discount upgrades or have the in room service (there is an option where they bring your breakfast by canoe? which is quite expensive iirc). For water, just go to the gym - its complimentary there
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:13 am

Is it water bottles in the gym or filtered tap system?
there is a five gallon (or something metric) jug water cooler in the gym along with small cone shaped cups. It's possible to fill up 500ml bottles (or similar) there. There is a fridge in the room, the minibar, but it has a seal on it, so I don't know about breaking that seal and storing your own drinks in the fridge or not. There is a pricing sheet for the minibar and they ask if you had anything from it upon checkout.

Other than the gym, there was no other free drinking water provided when I was there in October 2017. Maybe I missed it.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by stuntgoats
there is a five gallon (or something metric) jug water cooler in the gym along with small cone shaped cups. It's possible to fill up 500ml bottles (or similar) there. There is a fridge in the room, the minibar, but it has a seal on it, so I don't know about breaking that seal and storing your own drinks in the fridge or not. There is a pricing sheet for the minibar and they ask if you had anything from it upon checkout.

Other than the gym, there was no other free drinking water provided when I was there in October 2017. Maybe I missed it.
We grab the free water from the gym. You can easily fill up your large water bottles there. You can also ask them to clear the mini fridge for you. They have done this for us the last two times we were there. The funny thing is they put the items into a drawer below the fridge.

You can also take the boat shuttle when it’s free to the Moana and get water, beer, food, snacks, etc. at the market that is a five minute walk. Just don’t forget liquids can be heavy. 😎
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:25 pm

i got quoted around 25000XPF (as a Spire Ambassador) for emerald to pool villas which I thought was pretty decent when the price difference is around 45000 which I declined. They did upgrade me to a sapphire villa without asking even though I was on an award stay.
2. Haven’t tried but I think there are additional charges.
3. not plenty... Just two small Evian (200ml or so) and a large 1L per day.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:38 pm

I have just released 2nd and 3rd December. they went straight back into inventory.. shortened my stay at Thalasso in order to check out the St Regis as well.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:32 pm

How are you guys getting to PPT? I notice there is no availability on Air Tahiti Nui the last few months from LAX.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:52 pm

Im booked on AF for next week... there is a strike right In PPT, AF are chartering hi-fly for all flights currently.

How are you guys getting to PPT? I notice there is no availability on Air Tahiti Nui the last few months from LAX.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:03 pm

So is using AA miles on Air Tahiti Nui no longer an option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.