Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:41 am

From FT rules:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter.
Not limited to only public forum posts. I have seen mods cite this rule for trades between two members via private messages.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
I agree on considering the service of booking someone's nights legitimate. The problem I have with it is the amount charged. I was offered I think something like $250/night to book using my own points. Even if someone has the magic trick to getting nights booked it would not take more than 30 minutes of your time. If you want a minimum of 3 nights you are paying someone $1500 per hour? Seems outlandish. If it was a nominal fee such as $50 per booking, not per night, I wouldn't have any problem with it.
wont disagree with you - but its a Capitalist market - someone must be paying that fee otherwise the service will be out of business or need to adjust their pricing model.

Again I have no skin the game, nor do I have a magic bullet, I just do not want someone being tarnished and hung to dry because someone feels a service is unfair when its used in various other areas of this "hobby".

and BTW - I am paying about $250/night at Le Moana to upgrade from a beach bungalow (free with points) to an OWB. Do I wish it was free, sure. but MY time is value and though I have some alerts set up I cannot obsess over a totally free night at Thalasso (or any other resort). So if I could pay someone $250 to book Thalasso its the same as paying IHG to upgrade at Le Moana. different strokes for different folks.

I was totally lucky but I booked 3 nights at Le Moana in one fell swoop/1 reservation. Pure luck I suppose. But if I was having issues I'd consider paying $250/night for Thalasso considering I am paying $250 for the upgrade at Le Moana. Its close to $1,000 for the room so $250 + 60k in points is still reasonable to me, not AS good as just points, but it is what it is.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
From FT rules:
I only linked to a thread where others were posting their services on Flyertalk. Maybe that thread should be closed/shut down?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by eggzlot
wont disagree with you - but its a Capitalist market - someone must be paying that fee otherwise the service will be out of business or need to adjust their pricing model.

Again I have no skin the game, nor do I have a magic bullet, I just do not want someone being tarnished and hung to dry because someone feels a service is unfair when its used in various other areas of this "hobby".

and BTW - I am paying about $250/night at Le Moana to upgrade from a beach bungalow (free with points) to an OWB. Do I wish it was free, sure. but MY time is value and though I have some alerts set up I cannot obsess over a totally free night at Thalasso (or any other resort). So if I could pay someone $250 to book Thalasso its the same as paying IHG to upgrade at Le Moana. different strokes for different folks.

I was totally lucky but I booked 3 nights at Le Moana in one fell swoop/1 reservation. Pure luck I suppose. But if I was having issues I'd consider paying $250/night for Thalasso considering I am paying $250 for the upgrade at Le Moana. Its close to $1,000 for the room so $250 + 60k in points is still reasonable to me, not AS good as just points, but it is what it is.
To each their own on that mentality. I guess I just have a George Costanza thought process. I did have to push my dates back a few times while I perfected my method of getting the nights but I did eventually get 3 nights on my own.

Last edited by floridatraveler90; Sep 25, 2017 at 10:00 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
To each their own on that mentality. I guess I just have a George Costanza thought process. I did have to push my dates back a few times while I perfected my method of getting the nights but I did eventually get 3 nights on my own.
We all have a little Costanza in us in this hobby. I had to lock in my dates too as I was booking business class seats to NZ then business class from Tahiti back home all with saver level type points. Like we both agree, different strokes for different folks. I'll take the free business class flights and pay $250 for my upgrade (or in some cases paying someone as a service to book on your behalf)

enjoy your travels!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Duke787
Any recent experiences using the Ambassador weekend BOGO? Any issue getting a further upgrade since it's a cash stay but one night is free?

Ideally looking to book the Diamond and turn it into either Diamond Otemanu view or Pool Overwater Villa.
I stayed at IC Thalasso for 2 weekend nights using the BOGO voucher in early September. I booked the Emerald room initially and was upgraded to Sapphire a few days after my booking. A few days before checking in, I noticed I was upgraded to a Diamond room. I was a Platinum Ambassador, and now a Spire after the stay.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by silverferrari
I stayed at IC Thalasso for 2 weekend nights using the BOGO voucher in early September. I booked the Emerald room initially and was upgraded to Sapphire a few days after my booking. A few days before checking in, I noticed I was upgraded to a Diamond room. I was a Platinum Ambassador, and now a Spire after the stay.
Did you have any nights booked on points after BOGO voucher? If you did, did they make you change rooms or did you get to stay in the diamond room? If you did stay, was there an upgrade charge to stay?

TIA
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:17 pm

Been trying to book For the Thalasso for month now just cant work it out read the forum from start to finish for suggestions .

Im totally flexible with my dates and would prefer Sept 2018 looking for 3-4 nights in total any Help would be greatly appreciated .
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by eggzlot
Re: a "fee" of $125 to book someone's hotel room using their own points - this is not totally outlandish. There are many point bloggers who charge $125+ to use your own points (the paying customers points) to book flights. So if someone has "the magic bullet" so to speak and a client wants to pay $125/night for someone's services to book the room, what is the issue?
The amount of money is not the issue.

The issue here is that members agreed to certain terms and conditions when signing up ... and one of those is not engaging in the selling/trading/bartering points/services - this isn't a marketplace.

If a blogger wants to make money using their points or whatever, then they can go buzz back to their own blog site and do it there.
Buzzman, beastieb and SQ007 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal

The issue here is that members agreed to certain terms and conditions when signing up ... and one of those is not engaging in the selling/trading/bartering points/services - this isn't a marketplace.

If a blogger wants to make money using their points or whatever, then they can go buzz back to their own blog site and do it there.
That's fine, just remove the 30+ thread I linked to which had members offering their booking services. Again I have zero skin in the game, I have enough headaches trying to book my own trips and help out a few friends - I have no business intentions personally.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by alanslegal

^^^^
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:27 am

Oct 14 2017 available.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by cce5858
I will ask whatever I want, and if you do not have an answer to my question, go away, move along, and don't waste my time/notification.

Obviously I have read all the information I have, and have tested several nights, although not yet on the weekends yet. So I am asking the various other members out here for some help.

Does anybody know what time and timezone does IC Thalasso typically release Reward Nights 50 weeks out?

Thanks!

Since I am being shamed here, let me tell you that this is the message to which I offered cce5858 to book a room for him for $125/night.

That is 10% of the cost of the room, the same as buying 10,000 points. It would have saved cce5858 countless hours of trying to book the room on his own. Take it or leave it is all I can say.

Oh, and for the record, I have never sold a room to anyone or made any money out of my knowledge how to book Thalasso/Moana nights.

By the way, the release time I gave you, cce5858, is the correct time that falls exactly in the location you specified in your profile.
gohogs34 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Just Released 8/31-9/1, and 9/2-9/3 for those interested.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DUflyer
Since I am being shamed here, let me tell you that this is the message to which I offered cce5858 to book a room for him for $125/night.

That is 10% of the cost of the room, the same as buying 10,000 points. It would have saved cce5858 countless hours of trying to book the room on his own. Take it or leave it is all I can say.

Oh, and for the record, I have never sold a room to anyone or made any money out of my knowledge how to book Thalasso/Moana nights.

By the way, the release time I gave you, cce5858, is the correct time that falls exactly in the location you specified in your profile.
It actually is not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.