Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2006, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
how do I find it from the website, what country do I search in?
Old Oct 21, 2006, 8:59 am

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
anyone who's been before can comment on best time to go also in relation with airfares?

November through may is best for prices. Is a good opportunity to use as a stopover on a *Alliance Reward to New Zealand. Lax - PPT - AUK
Old Oct 21, 2006, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by randidliyo

FRENCH POLYNESIA
Old Oct 21, 2006, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by randidliyo
Here's the property.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
This is awesome! The best use of PC points I have seen yet! Thanks for the heads up!
Old Oct 22, 2006, 9:18 am

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, Delta Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by gleff
This website has some more info about the hotel
http://www.boraboraspa.intercontinental.com/

I just got the activity guide, so now its time to plan those. Does anyone know if it is better to book ahead or just wait til you get there?

Thanks
Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:38 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Thanks StealthFly for the heads-up ^. I was able to book a few nights for next spring .

Did anyone else notice the mandatory boat transfer for 2750xpf (xpf2500 + 10% tax) per person each way? The current exchange rate makes it about US$56 for each person for the roundtrip. A relatively small price to pay for a place that I have always wanted to visit.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by Jet2K
Did anyone else notice the mandatory boat transfer for 2750xpf (xpf2500 + 10% tax) per person each way? The current exchange rate makes it about US$56 for each person for the roundtrip. A relatively small price to pay for a place that I have always wanted to visit.
The fee is about market price, and this really is the way you want to go anyway -- you get off the plane at BOB and the hotel meets you, takes your luggage, and takes you by boat to the resort.

Far preferable to taking the public boat to Vaitape and then taking another boat to the resort.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:20 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, Delta Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by Jet2K
Thanks StealthFly for the heads-up ^. I was able to book a few nights for next spring .

Glad I could help. ^

As far as the boat transfer goes, that is normal. I sent an e-mail to Jerome, the hotel's Concierge, and told him my flight information. Here is his e-mail address :
[email protected]
He also sent me an activity list.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 1:16 pm

Programs: NWA, AC, HH, PC
I have a reservation for Le moana for 10 nights. Should I consider splitting my reservation in 2. 4 nights a Thalasso and 6 at Moana or all in for Thalasso.
Can I transfert from 1 hotel to the other or need to go back to the airport?
Old Oct 23, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA,NW,UA,DL, HH GOLD, Platinum AMB IC
I just booked with POINTS !!!!!! 6 nights the last week of DEC 06 WHOOOOOOPPEEEEEE
Old Oct 23, 2006, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by wakemania
I have a reservation for Le moana for 10 nights. Should I consider splitting my reservation in 2. 4 nights a Thalasso and 6 at Moana or all in for Thalasso.

There is a free shuttle boat between the hotels
Old Oct 23, 2006, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by wakemania
I don't know what I would do in that situation. I think I still would have switched all of my nights over to Thalasso. I just like the location a little better, even though Le Moana is closer to town. The rooms at Thalasso are also brand new and bigger.

IC Expert is correct. There is a free shuttle that runs between both IC properties.

The first one of us to come back better post a trip report and let us know how they handle those on reward reservations ^ .

Glad I could help some of you out.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:32 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Thank you, StealthFly , for bringing this to our attention! I had 6 nights at the Moana for our honeymoon in April and now changed it to the Thalasso. Too bad that I was travelling over the last 5 days and missed out on the Diamond villa bookings

Does anyone know how much the meal plans are at this hotel for halfboard? Also in the fact sheet the return boat transfer is CXP 3500 per person which is cheaper than the CXP 2500 rate for the one way stated somewhere else on the website. Which of the prices is correct now?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For all the FTers now planning to go to BOB, y'all must make a dinner booking (do so well in advance of your trip - feel free to PM me for the chef's email) at Villa Mahana. It's not cheap, but by Bora Bora standards and in comparison to eating at resorts it's not bad. When I was there last year the tasting menu ("Menu Royale") was CFP 10 500. And it was the best meal of the vacation (which included a sidetrip to SYD and Tetsuya's).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.