Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by DUflyer
The really annoying thing about these last minute cancellations is that all other hotels have the same or even earlier cancellation deadlines. So by the time these nights become available, you cannot cancel your existing bookings anymore and jump on the free nights.

I'm sure people know way earlier that they won't use these nights. What is the point of keeping them until the last minute and ruining it for everybody else?

Just curious if anybody thought about a system where you askfor your desired travel dates to IC Thalasso here, people who hold the datesand are not likely to use the dates PM you, and you give the person who offeredthe availability a small thank you (like $25/night?). I know that it looks like we do the first twosteps but not necessarily the last step.

This way we can keep speculatively reserved nights frombeing wasted (this is the biggest problem!). I’m willing to pay $25/night if I can reserve my desired dates atThalasso.I’m sure that many people do feelthe same.People who offer availabilitiesalso get money for taking the time to reserve nights.

The way I see this is win-win for both parties. If you are aperson who wants to reserve nights, you just pay the money to the person whoholds your desired dates so that you don’t waste time in looking foravailability. If you are a person whowants to make money for offering availabilities to those who need it, you needto spend time to reserve dates but you will get small revenue.
Any thoughts??
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy

Just curious if anybody thought about a system where you askfor your desired travel dates to IC Thalasso here, people who hold the datesand are not likely to use the dates PM you, and you give the person who offeredthe availability a small thank you (like $25/night?). I know that it looks like we do the first twosteps but not necessarily the last step.

This way we can keep speculatively reserved nights frombeing wasted (this is the biggest problem!). I’m willing to pay $25/night if I can reserve my desired dates atThalasso.I’m sure that many people do feelthe same.People who offer availabilitiesalso get money for taking the time to reserve nights.

The way I see this is win-win for both parties. If you are aperson who wants to reserve nights, you just pay the money to the person whoholds your desired dates so that you don’t waste time in looking foravailability. If you are a person whowants to make money for offering availabilities to those who need it, you needto spend time to reserve dates but you will get small revenue.
Any thoughts??

I will start. I am looking for 3/26/2018. just one night for now, as I would like to experience Le moana prior to arriving at Thalasso.
If you hold the date and won't use it, please kindly PM me. I am willing to pay $25.
Thank you!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond

Any thoughts??
THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:34 pm

Any thoughts??
I oppose this.

wouldn't this encourage some people to book even more reward nights without intending to use them and only with the intention of selling them?

im for a
  • book for intended use only
  • When you realize you can't use the reservation, post to this forum and ask for a trade
  • If there are no trades but someone still wants your night, give it up for free and be happy that you helped someone else

Last edited by stuntgoats; Apr 21, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by stuntgoats
I oppose this.

wouldn't this encourage some people to book even more reward nights without intending to use them and only with the intention of selling them?

yea you are right. this encourages people to block reward nights.... but if this person is willing, the reward nights would go to a person who would actually use it to stay.
I was just throwing out an idea so that we don't have to spend ridiculous amount of time looking for a reward night and we keep rewards nights booked by somebody who does not intend to use them from being unused.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by stuntgoats
I oppose this.

im for a
  • When you realize you can't use the reservation, post to this forum and ask for a trade
  • If there are no trades but someone still wants your night, give it up for free and be happy that you helped someone else
Yes, very bad idea. Next step would be to put them up for auction.

Your suggestion is good, but I would change it to this:
  • When you realize you can't use the reservation, post to this forum and ask if someone wants them (or announce when you cancel them)
  • If no one wants your nights after a few days, cancel them and be happy someone else can book them

Trading only encourages booking nights you don't need as otherwise you have nothing to trade.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:14 pm

Yes, very bad idea. Next step would be to put them up for auction.

Your suggestion is good, but I would change it to this:
  • When you realize you can't use the reservation, post to this forum and ask if someone wants them (or announce when you cancel them)
  • If no one wants your nights after a few days, cancel them and be happy someone else can book them
Trading only encourages booking nights you don't need as otherwise you have nothing to trade.

I like your idea! Now I just hope everyone listened to you and will act accordingly.

Last edited by lincoln boy; Apr 21, 2017 at 3:07 pm
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:07 pm

Any thoughts??
I believe this is against policy and could possibly get your IHG account shut down. Not sure, but just a thought.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:06 am

1/5, 1/8, 1/9, and 1/10/2018 are available.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:18 am

I'd honestly just pay $300 per night to whoever have the nights I want. Yes it would lead auctioning and so be it. A better way would be for this property to make the reward nights non cancellable within 6 months.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by qdmd
I'd honestly just pay $300 per night to whoever have the nights I want. Yes it would lead auctioning and so be it. A better way would be for this property to make the reward nights non cancellable within 6 months.
Not needed, IHG just need 2 step approach to stop multiple date speculative bookings by "points rich IHGers" who sometimes book multiple dates on speculation and then cancel (or secretly trade unwanted dates )

1)Charge a "restocking fee" for awards, eg 20% so eg book 7x 50k nights = 350k, cancel bookings and 350k -20% is 280k returned to your account. Most IHGers will wish to avoid losing 20% ie 70k points to cancel and get points returned.
(Not aware of hotel chains doing this yet, but some airlines already do this with cancelled award flights, ie charge a fee to cancel)

2)Award nights at Apirational resort type properties need to be non-transferrable, ie no adding a second guest name post booking
(or implement as per China area regards advance calls to IHG Helpdesk to add/change a second guest name)

note
If you do (1) without (2), then to avoid losing points on cancelling award nights, holders of such award nights would likely look to sell nights onwards, despite risk to both seller/buyer of having accounts closed down.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:38 am

Looking for 2 consecutive award nights Jan 15-April xx 2018.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:29 pm

looking for a trade

deleted

Last edited by lincoln boy; Oct 3, 2017 at 12:49 pm
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Taxes

I'm very confused by the taxes that are specified on the IHG website.

The estimated total states 4% service charge plus 24% taxes. It also says 11.7% tax plus 200 XPF per person/night not included in rate.

SPG Hotels charge 4% service charge, 5% Tourism tax and 5% VAT, plus the 200 XPF. Hilton hotels only charge the 200 XPF on top of the quoted rate.

What is the estimated total and how can it be 28% on top of the room charge?
Old May 1, 2017, 8:46 am

I'm very confused by the taxes that are specified on the IHG website.

The estimated total states 4% service charge plus 24% taxes. It also says 11.7% tax plus 200 XPF per person/night not included in rate.

SPG Hotels charge 4% service charge, 5% Tourism tax and 5% VAT, plus the 200 XPF. Hilton hotels only charge the 200 XPF on top of the quoted rate.

What is the estimated total and how can it be 28% on top of the room charge?

I assume this is only for a paid stay, correct?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.