Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
The days in between were me - thanks for the heads-up!
No problem. Enjoy your trip!
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman
I would contact the hotel to be sure, but maybe they know they'll have certain ones ready and therefore loaded them into inventory. Do you know what price your agent got per night for one of those? The pool villas at the Hilton/Conrad are finished, did they book you into there? Good snorkeling there, beautiful grounds and location. We'll probably stay there next time. We stayed at the Hilton before the renovation.
Sorry, I threw the quotes away cause I have zero interest flying all the way there to dip in the pool. I loved the Thalasso when I stay there last year so I'm planning to be back. UPDATE: I found my quotes and it is $1750 per night for the new bungalow with deck dipping pool. Costco haven't released April 2017 prices yet so I booked St Regis as backup for now. I may go for the Conrad if their pricing is competitive with the Thalasso when Costco release their prices.

QUESTION: I also secured 3 consecutive award nites at Le Moana and want to upgrade to OWB. Should I pay $450 to secure OWB upgrade or join Ambassador for $200 in hope of an OWB upgrade?

Last edited by qdmd; Sep 9, 2016 at 10:36 am
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by qdmd
Sorry, I threw the quotes away cause I have zero interest flying all the way there to dip in the pool. I loved the Thalasso when I stay there last year so I'm planning to be back. Costco haven't released April 2017 prices yet so I booked St Regis as backup for now. I may go for the Conrad if their pricing is competitive with the Thalasso when Costco release their prices.

QUESTION: I also secured 3 consecutive award nites at Le Moana and want to upgrade to OWB. Should I pay $450 to secure OWB upgrade or join Ambassador for $200 in hope of an OWB upgrade?
Costco do hotels too? Anyway to book them online?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
FP's winter (Northern hemisphere's summer) is its high season since there is little temperature variability vs summer, and it is the time when one's chances of encountering rain is most mitigated. I'd say your best bet for low airfare is to go in FP's summer/ Northern Hemisphere winter. You'll avoid the Northern hemisphere summer vacation influx, and there are fewer nuptials which take place in the winter, which has a direct impact on demand to FP. All that said, I do not know how much actual variability you should be able to expect regarding ticket cost.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Costco do hotels too? Anyway to book them online?
Yes. Yes but not with the South Pacific...you have to call in.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Sorry, I threw the quotes away cause I have zero interest flying all the way there to dip in the pool. I loved the Thalasso when I stay there last year so I'm planning to be back. Costco haven't released April 2017 prices yet so I booked St Regis as backup for now. I may go for the Conrad if their pricing is competitive with the Thalasso when Costco release their prices.

I'm Amb. and did not receive an upgrade. They did try to sell me an upgrade, but I declined. We've stayed in many OWBs and wanted a change anyhow so opted for beach. Many are very happy to pay to upgrade. It depends on how full they are whether they'll bump you up to a OWB as courtesy. With Amb. I did receive a fruit plate, a t-shirt and my wife received a pareo. We also asked and received half price on breakfast (you agree ahead of time to having the breakfast buffet each morning). Not sure if that is offered to only platinum members or to everyone upon check in. We did have to ask about it.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:24 pm

I have read that flights purchased in Tahiti on Air Tahiti are cheaper. Can anyone in Tahiti tell me what the cost of a round trip flight is from PPT-BOB?

Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I have read that flights purchased in Tahiti on Air Tahiti are cheaper. Can anyone in Tahiti tell me what the cost of a round trip flight is from PPT-BOB?

Thanks
heard the same too. so would be interested in knowing as well. but the problem here is getting that someone local to help you purchase, bc i m not sure if it is a good idea to purchase ticket only after you get there unless you have lots of days and flexible schedule at FP
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gnomey
heard the same too. so would be interested in knowing as well. but the problem here is getting that someone local to help you purchase, bc i m not sure if it is a good idea to purchase ticket only after you get there unless you have lots of days and flexible schedule at FP
Maybe ask someone who is going there soon for help?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:22 pm

Thanks
This happened to me last month with a Cancun resort booking. I found much lower price when booking thru exact same website, only difference was booking in Cancun right after booking in the USA. Then I came back to USA to double check and the price was again much higher in the USA. I simply cancelled the USA booking. I need to figure out how to change my internet location to Tahiti. I'm sure some IT expert can chime in.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:37 pm

My wife and I are looking to go in August/September of 2017. I have saved IHG points and anniversary certs but still have not had any luck booking rooms. If anyone has any tips for finding the rooms right when they become available, I would appreciate any advice.

Also, if anyone has reservations that become available during this period I am interested.

Thanks for all the info that has been posted in this thread, I know my post is somewhat repetitive.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:02 pm

This happened to me last month with a Cancun resort booking. I found much lower price when booking thru exact same website, only difference was booking in Cancun right after booking in the USA. Then I came back to USA to double check and the price was again much higher in the USA. I simply cancelled the USA booking. I need to figure out how to change my internet location to Tahiti. I'm sure some IT expert can chime in.
I am traveling to Tahiti/Moorea later this year followed by another trip next year to Bora Bora. I can check when I am there but was hoping someone in this thread would be there sooner.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I'm sure some IT expert can chime in.
You just need a VPN but not sure who has servers in Tahiti. A quick google search doesn't come up with any but if someone wants to check on the usual VPN companies list of supported countries then it should be relatively simple to do.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:10 pm

I am traveling to Tahiti/Moorea later this year followed by another trip next year to Bora Bora. I can check when I am there but was hoping someone in this thread would be there sooner.
great thanks. would be good if you can find out the price of the Air Tahiti flights (if not, then someone who visit sooner pls do us this favor)

i m visiting FP myself ... but not until next year
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:10 am

For those that have successfully booked Thalasso recently on reward nights, is there a time of day that works best for checking availability or did you just check constantly and get lucky?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.