Search

Priority Points Redemption (UK)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum, Best Western Diamond, Skywards, Nectar
Priority Points Redemption (UK)

Hi all

Ive asked this a number of times direct with Priority club and still have received no response.
Whilst I do appreciate the amount of points we can get over a number of other competitor reward programs, I still feel that the UK members get a bit of a poor selection of redemption options when it comes to gift certificates (compared to other reward programs and also the US Priority redemptions).

Agreed that there are some good options for us, Currys, PC World, Argos, HMV. But the lack of online ecertificates is such that it is fair to say non existent.
The question I asked is this...

The US members can receive Amazon ecertificates (given they are produced for use with Amazon.com and can't be used for Amazon.co.uk). Why have they not considered this as an option for UK members as we cannot transfer .com ecodes/evouchers for .co.uk ones
US members can receive Apple store vouchers, yet UK cannot. Why?
Probably seen as a bit of a non-issue by some but these two options alone would enhance the rewards programme ten fold

Rant over

Last edited by kentishtraveller; Nov 24, 2010 at 6:40 am
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:42 am

Its because its an American chain.... oh wait its not its British!

They just focus on the yanks because there are more of them so as a grouping they are more important.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by pbow
Its because its an American chain.... oh wait its not its British!

They just focus on the yanks because there are more of them so as a grouping they are more important.

haha.. yeah I agree but the same would happen if there were 10 of us brits on the programme to every 1 of our American cousins!!

Amazon is the real gripe for me, 300,000 points leading into christmas it could have sorted out a large number of my christmas presents!!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The Amex Anyhotel gift cards are far better value than the shopping vouchers, should you not want to redeem for rooms (or are looking for a gift idea)
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:34 am

Americans are generally more demanding. Certainly I have found that on my travels. So maybe if we became more demanding we might get the same?

Im afraid I fall into the grouping of people who cant be arsed to complain :-( Something has to be seriosuly wrong before I say something - and generally its reached the point that if they gave me a golden egg I wouldnt accept their apology!

Raffles are those cards transferrable? I thought you had to use them yourself.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by pbow
Raffles are those cards transferrable? I thought you had to use them yourself.
Not sure as never done it, but not sure why not - last time I had some (years ago) they weren't named.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
Sorry, have I missed anything?

I always thought those shopping vouchers and gift exchange "opportunities" are the worst usage of points. Am I wrong?

I think most Brits won't bother with them, that's why IHG hasn't introduced them here.

Last time I calculated, even the fly anywhere airline tickets were better value than the shopping vouchers.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MP (Miles+Points)
Sorry, have I missed anything?

I always thought those shopping vouchers and gift exchange "opportunities" are the worst usage of points. Am I wrong?

I think most Brits won't bother with them, that's why IHG hasn't introduced them here.

Last time I calculated, even the fly anywhere airline tickets were better value than the shopping vouchers.
You think??? Ive often thought the vouchers (currys etc) were quite good in comparison to other rewards schemes. The free nights Ill grant are a good deal, but 28,000 for Ł50 isnt that bad (having said that, my ambassador upgrade which normally costs $200 was 32000 points)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.