Community
Wiki Posts
Search

80,000 points for new PC Select VISA - targeted

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
... I had a "SELECT UPGRADE" of 0 pts (!!!) post on the 18th* ... The weird thing is that my statement (over at Chase) claims to be from the 19th, so why did it post the "SELECT UPGRADE" a day early??? ... *This "SELECT UPGRADE" is a most confusing post. It's 0 points, and gets me absolutely nothing, since I'm already Platinum (and, btw, the 80,000 just requalified me for Platinum for 2012!). I guess it posts as points (even though 0 points) because they have no other way of indicating it on your statement, but still...
My "select upgrade" item also posted on the 18th. I'm on a totally different CC schedule than you, so I suspect it's an internal monthly sweep. In addition to the free Gold upgrade (if applicable), it's possible it may also indicate the 10% rebate is effective on the account.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, Delta Amex Reserve
Check your statement at the Chase site. If it shows 80,000, no need to call. It just takes multiple trips to get from Chase to Priority Club, it seems.

The stuff from the Chase card first statement posts in spurts. I had a "SELECT UPGRADE" of 0 pts (!!!) post on the 18th*, my 5x hotel spend post on the 19th, and my 80,000 post on the 21st (today). But not that those who had their spend points post toward the end of the week had to wait several days longer for the 80,000 to post.

The weird thing is that my statement (over at Chase) claims to be from the 19th, so why did it post the "SELECT UPGRADE" a day early???

*This "SELECT UPGRADE" is a most confusing post. It's 0 points, and gets me absolutely nothing, since I'm already Platinum (and, btw, the 80,000 just requalified me for Platinum for 2012!). I guess it posts as points (even though 0 points) because they have no other way of indicating it on your statement, but still...
Well, it looks like I need to call. No where on the Chase website or my statement does it say 80,000 points.

I did get the "select upgrade" 0 points posted on the 18th. Whatever that does.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, Delta Amex Reserve
Well, I called Chase. They told me since my first purchase was 2 days before my statement closed, that they had to wait until my next statement to post the 80,000 points. He said that the points were on my account, but just not posted yet. That made me feel better.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check your statement at the Chase site. If it shows 80,000, no need to call. It just takes multiple trips to get from Chase to Priority Club, it seems.

The stuff from the Chase card first statement posts in spurts. I had a "SELECT UPGRADE" of 0 pts (!!!) post on the 18th*, my 5x hotel spend post on the 19th, and my 80,000 post on the 21st (today). But not that those who had their spend points post toward the end of the week had to wait several days longer for the 80,000 to post.

The weird thing is that my statement (over at Chase) claims to be from the 19th, so why did it post the "SELECT UPGRADE" a day early???

*This "SELECT UPGRADE" is a most confusing post. It's 0 points, and gets me absolutely nothing, since I'm already Platinum (and, btw, the 80,000 just requalified me for Platinum for 2012!). I guess it posts as points (even though 0 points) because they have no other way of indicating it on your statement, but still...
I am not sure the SELECT UPGRADE has anything to do with the Chase card.

Both me and my husband got this weird postings on DEC 16. We got our Chase cards in November. Mine is 60K and his is 30K. Neither statement date is near the 16th. Plus this SELECT UPGRADE showed up in DEC while our Chase first statements are in Nov.

It is a mystery to me and PCR could not explain what it is. But I seriously doubt this has anything to do with Chase card. Though I suspect it may be resulted by one of many unknown codes we signed up in the past!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
I am not sure the SELECT UPGRADE has anything to do with the Chase card.

Both me and my husband got this weird postings on DEC 16. We got our Chase cards in November. Mine is 60K and his is 30K. Neither statement date is near the 16th. Plus this SELECT UPGRADE showed up in DEC while our Chase first statements are in Nov.

It is a mystery to me and PCR could not explain what it is. But I seriously doubt this has anything to do with Chase card. Though I suspect it may be resulted by one of many unknown codes we signed up in the past!
The reason I thinki it's Chase is because:

1. The Chase card (that is valid for these bonuses, that has the free night every renewal, etc) is officially called the Priority Club Select card.

2. The card comes with a free upgrade to Gold (if, despite 30k or 60k or 80k bonus points posting to your account you aren't Gold or Platinum already! ).

Thus the combination of the words "SELECT" and "UPGRADE" strongly suggests this card to me, even if it posted at a wrong time. For it not be the card, I'd have to hear about someone who hasn't even applied for the card yet who got in their account.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The reason I thinki it's Chase is because:

1. The Chase card (that is valid for these bonuses, that has the free night every renewal, etc) is officially called the Priority Club Select card.

2. The card comes with a free upgrade to Gold (if, despite 30k or 60k or 80k bonus points posting to your account you aren't Gold or Platinum already! ).

Thus the combination of the words "SELECT" and "UPGRADE" strongly suggests this card to me, even if it posted at a wrong time. For it not be the card, I'd have to hear about someone who hasn't even applied for the card yet who got in their account.
So what is the 0 point for?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
So what is the 0 point for?
That's just because they have no other way of noting it on your record other than putting it in as a points earn, yet there are no points you earn for this particular benefit, so it's 0.

I think the 0 wouldn't sound so stupid if the explanation was better than just "SELECT UPGRADE". I certainly don't mind 0 points being posted when HHonors posts a free night certificate to my account (but on a points/miles summary page), but that's because over there they clearly spell out that it's a free night cert. (I don't recall whether it shows a 0 or blank, in that case, but really mathematically 0 and blank are the same thing! )
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by britinva79
I got this offer and want to apply but it's only been 60 days since I last applied for a Chase card and don't want to get denied. I also don't want to lose the opportunity for 80K miles. Such a dilemma!! Any ideas?
I'm in the same boat. Just got the 80k offer. But with the 6-month Chase card restriction, I have to wait until March to apply.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by rtraveler
I'm in the same boat. Just got the 80k offer. But with the 6-month Chase card restriction, I have to wait until March to apply.
The 6 month chase restriction is mostly a myth. Many, many folks (including me) have gotten 2 cards within six months. There are some threads on FT about this. I got two cards six weeks apart last year.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum, KLM Gold, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Need Offer ID

I received only the 45K offer which i took. I then called up the rep and told her that a friend had received the 80K offer. She said i could get the same as long as I could get the Offer ID from him. It doesnt seem to be targeted. 60 days left... Any generous kind soul care to PM me with an Offer ID?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum, KLM Gold, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by onthego15
The 6 month chase restriction is mostly a myth. Many, many folks (including me) have gotten 2 cards within six months. There are some threads on FT about this. I got two cards six weeks apart last year.
+1 (I've been approved for 3 within 6 months)
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
I just received the 80K offer today, but I can't use it as I am currently unemployed and don't want to lie about my income. I would e-mail the link to someone else to use, but I am hesitant to do that as it has my last name and zip code in the URL. Interesting...

Oh, now I have just read about the offer ID - I do have that!

BTW - I am gold and had only one crediting stay last year (for those trying to figure out the targeting).

Last edited by pdx_fam; Jan 25, 2011 at 12:31 pm Reason: Added offer ID info
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:21 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
hmm, the more I use the card, the more I might decide to keep it.

But I feel like I have too many credit cards. this adds
Chase UA personal
chase UA business (not on credit report)
Chase freedom
Amex starwood
HSBC premier (not on credit report)
and now chase PCR card

I will cancel the UA business as it isnt worth it. ua personal I get the annual fee waived as a 1k (grandfathered in on old rules). Is 5 cards (4 on credit report) too much?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jason8612

Chase UA personal
Chase freedom
Amex starwood
and now chase PCR card

I will cancel the UA business as it isnt worth it. ua personal I get the annual fee waived as a 1k (grandfathered in on old rules). Is 5 cards (4 on credit report) too much?
Nope.

I have 5 citicards, 3 Chase cards, 1 FIA card (the old Schwab) and 1 SPG. I lost a FIA card by accident - it was closed by them due to inactivity. I could have moved the line to the other FIA card if I remember it instead of losing the line.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by jason8612

Chase UA personal
Chase freedom
Amex starwood
and now chase PCR card

If you sign up at www.creditkarma.com, look over your credit score and its components compared to others, you will probably find that you have a low number of cards compared to others. I have more cards than you, and my number of cards is considered normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.