Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas at Flamingo Holiday Inn (Master Thread) - no longer a Holiday Inn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas at Flamingo Holiday Inn (Master Thread) - no longer a Holiday Inn

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I just checked it and booked the 15000 bonus in late January. Complimentary breakfast for up to two persons is included, as shown on the booking sheet.
Same for the 10000 bonus points.
For a while it was included in the AP rate, I printed out the fact sheet before
they removed that text from it, and I got breakfast.

Candlewood suites is only a 5min walk away,perfect for
CTC
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Candlewood suites is only a 5min walk away,perfect for CTC
Calcutta Tramways Company or Chinese telegraph code?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: Alaska MVG Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Bumping this thread...

This hotel still has one-night and two-night bonus offers ongoing:

1. As low as $138+tax per night gets you 10K bonus points (min. one night stay)
2. As low as $139+tax per night gets you 15K bonus points (min. two night stay)
3. As low as $144+tax per night gets you 20K bonus points (min. two night stay)

For some of these offers, the T&C's state "no other prority club promotions can be used with this package including any mail or email offers." Has anyone gotten lucky and gotten credit anyway for Crack the Case, or other promotions (e.g., weekend stay) even when booking these restricted offers?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: SU Silver, BMI Silver, PC Platinum RA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
If I'll book rate 2 times with "10K bonus points" - I'll get 20K? Anybody try it?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: Too many...
Just a follow up to my post up thread...

Stayed here for 2 separate nights in February, both on the 20k bonus package. The rate was very reasonable, both nights were >$150 and when when the 20k bonus posted I even got the platinum 50% extra bonus on it, so 30k for each night. Instant platinum although to be fair I was fairly close anyway. Points posted in around three days along with the normal points earned.

Hotel was excellent, friendly staff and a great shuttle service and the rooms were nice too. Just be careful of the sharp corners to the bed frame... Rate included breakfast which saved roughly $12, every little helps when youre in Vegas
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:37 pm

We were there in February. The hotel is nice, but they do not and cannot upgrade, since all the rooms are basically the same. You can't get a better view, because all he views are poor. They did not provide free water, free newspaper, no welcome letter. The free breakfast was "free" only up to $ 20.00 per room with double occupancy. One waiter separated the coffee out at $ 7.90 for two guests, so with a couple of omelettes that was $ 27.00 and they wanted the difference. Eventually it was waived. I knew that the bonus package was based on paying a higher rate and that was o.k. It still pi$$ed me off to receive a little card with my bill in the morning offering me an extra night for $ 39.00. But that's just me. If they start to pay a little more attention to PC members, it can be a really nice hotel.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:59 pm
Used to be planetrain

Programs: United, Marriott
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
We were there in February. The hotel is nice, but they do not and cannot upgrade, since all the rooms are basically the same. You can't get a better view, because all he views are poor. They did not provide free water, free newspaper, no welcome letter. The free breakfast was "free" only up to $ 20.00 per room with double occupancy. One waiter separated the coffee out at $ 7.90 for two guests, so with a couple of omelettes that was $ 27.00 and they wanted the difference. Eventually it was waived. I knew that the bonus package was based on paying a higher rate and that was o.k. It still pi$$ed me off to receive a little card with my bill in the morning offering me an extra night for $ 39.00. But that's just me. If they start to pay a little more attention to PC members, it can be a really nice hotel.
Just from dealing with previous experiences with the GM of this hotel, she is very active in the Social Media community and gathering user feedback.

She actively tweets on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/HILasVegasHotel) and her e-mail is [email protected].
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Originally Posted by Flyersj18
Just a follow up to my post up thread...

Stayed here for 2 separate nights in February, both on the 20k bonus package. The rate was very reasonable, both nights were >$150 and when when the 20k bonus posted I even got the platinum 50% extra bonus on it, so 30k for each night. Instant platinum although to be fair I was fairly close anyway. Points posted in around three days along with the normal points earned.

Hotel was excellent, friendly staff and a great shuttle service and the rooms were nice too. Just be careful of the sharp corners to the bed frame... Rate included breakfast which saved roughly $12, every little helps when youre in Vegas
I am a tad confused. Are you saying they awarded you 20k bonus points for a one night stay when the T & C's seem to state that a 2 night stay is required?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: Too many...
Originally Posted by boar
I am a tad confused. Are you saying they awarded you 20k bonus points for a one night stay when the T & C's seem to state that a 2 night stay is required?
The current T&C's say a two night stay is required...

However when I booked there was only a one night requirement.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Thanks Flyersj18. That was a steal.

Can a more recent guest (since the 2 night
minimum came into play) confirm whether they received
the 50% platinum bonus on the 20k? 30k for 2 nights would
be great value.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by Flyersj18
Hotel was excellent, friendly staff and a great shuttle service and the rooms were nice too. Just be careful of the sharp corners to the bed frame...
staying there now - just busted my ankle on the bed frame for the third time in 24 hours!
they have a restaurant, but it's more bar-type food, and no lunch available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.