Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling Award Nights in Sydney over New Year's Eve

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
Cancelling Award Nights in Sydney over New Year's Eve

I will be cancelling my award reservations at Potts Point Sydney Holiday Inn for 2 rooms arriving 12/31/2010 and checking out 1/2/2011 sometime in the next 24 hours or so as I was unable to arrange flights at a reasonable cost.

I don't know if they award nights will return to award inventory (or for that matter if there is currently award inventory available) but I thought I would let people know so they could check and try to grab it if it does.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
All Sydney properties except for the airport and some remote ones are sold out for the days around New Years, so most certainly your room will not go into award inventory.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:52 pm

Programs: IC RA
I disagree, I had a suite booked at CP Liverpool on an award night, the hotel was sold out as it was the Grand National horse race meeting I had to cancel it and checked a few minutes later as I was curious what would happen to it, and there it was 1 bedroom suite for cash or award night available, the price was Ł399 a night for cash or 25,000 points for award night.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by torcross
I disagree, I had a suite booked at CP Liverpool on an award night, the hotel was sold out as it was the Grand National horse race meeting I had to cancel it and checked a few minutes later as I was curious what would happen to it, and there it was 1 bedroom suite for cash or award night available, the price was Ł399 a night for cash or 25,000 points for award night.
If the hotel is not overbooked and they hotel had originally only had the required minimum 5% of inventory available for reward bookings, then the reward inventory should be available again. However, you have no way of knowing as a customer if that is the case. Hotels also, of course, may release additional reward night availability as they choose, and if the hotel is expecting a near sell-out, that could be a good revenue move for the hotel.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:05 pm

Programs: IC RA
so the answer is......there isn't a definite answer, like I said, I put an award night back into the system on Liverpool's busiest night of the year (Grand national day) when hotels in the city charge up to 3 times the normal going rate and it was still available as an award night.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so the answer is......there isn't a definite answer, like I said,
Yes, I was agreeing with you.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 1:45 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
so the answer is......there isn't a definite answer, like I said, I put an award night back into the system on Liverpool's busiest night of the year (Grand national day) when hotels in the city charge up to 3 times the normal going rate and it was still available as an award night.
As you are not putting back 4 days of stays there is a definite answer, it wont show, thats because its a minimum stay requirement now at all Sydney hotels which is why its showing as not available as reported above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.