Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anywhere Challenge: Did you get your points?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:16 pm

I gave

Day 2 - Kenai river, Alaska

Day 2 - Sabah, Malaysia

Have only received one set of points though.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
nice to see this thread being used for the right purpose....too many people talking about points on the other thread....
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL, CO,BA
+1 no points for Week 3 answer of Kenai River, AK, USA
or Kenai Fjords National Park, AK, USA

on days 3 and 4 (forget which day was which answer)
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:16 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by dazbear
I gave

Day 2 - Sabah, Malaysia

+1, and there was another identical report in the main thread. I don't recall if I put Alaska or AK, unfortunately.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:19 pm

1500 points posted oct 12

my guess was
sippidan water village resort, sabah, malaysia, borneo

and answer was
sabah, malaysia
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:47 pm

Got 1500 points for posting Mabul Island (?), Sabah, Malaysian Borneo or something else before Sabah that I can't recall now.

I do remember calling it Malaysian Borneo as that was an issue on Day 2 for me. My later posts on days 3 and 4 just used Sabah, Malaysia, but with other specific locations.

I didn't post the week before as I was a Johnny come lately to the guessing until the Sabah week...
Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:14 pm

I got 1500 points

as did those who I feed answers to. the answers submitted, both on day 2 only were:

Kenai River, Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, AK, USA

Sabah, Borneo, Malaysia

can't be sure which one got points and which one didn't but it seems like more people think the problem is with AK/Alaska
Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by newK2
can't be sure which one got points and which one didn't but it seems like more people think the problem is with AK/Alaska
I got only 1000 points in today's sweep, and that is clearly attributable to Sabah (which I didn't settle on until day 3; before that I had Okinawa, and then Mt. Kinabalu (sp?)). Definitely should have gotten 1500 for submitting "Kenai River, AK USA" on day 2 of week 3.

I've submitted a missing points report. (Seems fair; if week 4 has posted, I can't imagine that week 3 would post later, and the reports here on FT indicate that a lot of folks did get points for weeks 3 and 4 today.) Will post again if/when PC responds.

UPDATE: One other thing occurs to me. Remember how the total number of winners dropped substantially in week 3? That seemed inexplicable, given the frenzy of online point-seeking, especially when the right answer was fairly obvious by day 2 or 3 -- unless the explanation is that PC's system (automated, presumably) for grading answers simply disallowed several hundred correct ones. "AK," j'accuse!

Last edited by beltway; Oct 12, 2010 at 5:47 pm
Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
12 Oct 2010 THE ANYWHERE CHALLENGE 500 pts.
12 Oct 2010 THE ANYWHERE CHALLENGE 1500 pts
28 Sep 2010 THE ANYWHERE CHALLENGE 1500 pts.

Don't think I got anything for Aruba. Think the Sept 1500 was Nepal.
Think I didn't get Alaska right away, and might have also used AK instead of "Alaska," as I remember distinctly noting that if the "WA" in their example was OK, then AK should be. So I think that's the 500.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Credits of 1000 and 1500 points posted to my account today. These are for Alaska and Malaysia, but I'm not sure which is for which. I entered "Kenai River, Alaska, USA" on both day 2 and day 3 of the Alaska week, and "Sabah, Malaysia, Borneo," and "Sabah, Malaysia" on days 2 and 3, respectively, so I have no idea what is going on.

Didn't think I was going to be able to enter today because the web site wasn't working this morning on the only computer I had available, but it sort of worked tonight on the same computer (worked long enough to enter and then stopped!).
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:12 pm

Only got one of my 1500 points earned

Entered
Kenai River, AK USA on Day 2
Sabah, Borneo, Malaysia on Day 2

Only one of the weeks posted today.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
1500 for Kenai River, Alaska, USA
1500 for Sabah, Borneo, Malaysia
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:09 pm

Got 1500 points Oct 12 and I started playing week four.

Answer I put in for day two was "Pulau Tiga Marine National Park, Sabah, Malaysia". Not sure why I included "Marine" in there, but that is what the screen shot shows for the confirmation after I submitted it.

For days three and four I put in "Sabah, Malaysia, Borneo" and "Sabah, Malaysia".
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:57 pm

has anyone not receive any points even through they have enter the answer correctly?

week 1: missed out
week 2: got 1500 (points showed up on 28 Sep)
week 3 + 4 = entered the correct answer at some point, but have not received anything yet.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:44 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by dazbear
I gave

Day 2 - Sabah, Malaysia

No points here either for the Sabah Malaysia week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.