Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas at Flamingo Holiday Inn (Master Thread) - no longer a Holiday Inn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2010, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some

Holiday Inn Las Vegas Flamingo at Paradise has a 10,000 bonus points rate $104 that is as little as $14 over the AAA rate for some weeknight dates I checked.

10K rate includes breakfast for two at Forte Grill Restaurant.

Priority Club Platinum members get 25% off all food & beverage at hotel.

Not Platinum? Check out this offer.

Additional bonus at this hotel is complimentary shuttle to LAS from 7am to 10pm seven days per week.

There is also a 15,000 points bonus package, for an extra $25 over 10K rate.

Rules indicate this offer is not valid with other Priority Club promotion offers. Not really sure if this would not count for two stays = 1 free night.

15,000 points rate is also available in January for $47 over advance purchase rate. That is a great deal for 15,000 Priority Club points.

Last edited by satori; Nov 17, 2010 at 5:19 pm
Old Nov 17, 2010, 5:35 pm
Used to be planetrain

Programs: United, Marriott
That's a great deal, thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be taking a weekend trip to Vegas soon!
Old Nov 17, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
can one still get the points after signing up the 2 nights for one free night offer?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:37 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Thanks. The 15,000 points package is the highest I have ever seen.

Available even in May 2011. But the rate is a little bit high consider you can get 5,000 for USD$30.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Thanks for posting. May be able to go to LAV in December. I assume this is combine-able with sweet dilemma offer.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by IC6A
Thanks. The 15,000 points package is the highest I have ever seen.

Available even in May 2011. But the rate is a little bit high consider you can get 5,000 for USD$30.
Yes, but if one is going Vegas and needs a hotel room...one is just not buying points.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Yes, but if one is going Vegas and needs a hotel room...one is just not buying points.
That is true. Bt if you can get a room for USD$25-45 in Vegas why pay USD$150-200 for 15,000 points...lol
Old Nov 19, 2010, 5:50 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by IC6A
That is true. Bt if you can get a room for USD$25-45 in Vegas why pay USD$150-200 for 15,000 points...lol
Well, for $104 plus tax, you get 10k (normally $60 on the cash and points award cancellation procedure everyone seems to rave about,) a CTC credit, possibly, and a SD credit, possibly. The T&C's for the rate didn't specifically exclude those.

Plus some time ago I booked some of the LAS $25 per night rooms for a BD promo. Not pretty.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: Too many...
Just booked a one night Saturday stay in February with 15k bonus points...

Room costs $220 including tax which is roughly $80 more than I would have payed anyway. So $80 for a minimum 18k points + free internet and airport shuttle (which I would otherwise have paid for). Net cost to me maybe $50-60 dollars for 18k points - I'm happy with the value in that ^

Thanks to the OP for posting.

J
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by rbAA
Well, for $104 plus tax, you get 10k (normally $60 on the cash and points award cancellation procedure everyone seems to rave about,) a CTC credit, possibly, and a SD credit, possibly. The T&C's for the rate didn't specifically exclude those.

Plus some time ago I booked some of the LAS $25 per night rooms for a BD promo. Not pretty.
Exactly.

Last edited by Shareholder; Nov 21, 2010 at 3:42 pm
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:50 pm
Used to be planetrain

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Exactly.
And we're addicted to earning points... just one more reason we do what we do. :-)
Old Dec 10, 2010, 3:09 pm

If you have made a booking at this hotel you should be aware that
they've very recently removed "Complimentary Breakfast" from the fact sheet.
Infact, it did say Complimentary Breakfast" at several different places on their site, not anymore.

there is now a Best-4-Breakfast rate so maybe they decided to charge for the breakfast instead
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
Just stayed at this hotel with this promo over the weekend. Upon asking, did received a voucher for the breakfast. There was only a few people at breakfast when I checked out in the morning. The room was clean and room is reasonably up-to-date. a 42" LCD TV is nice plus. Parking is indoor underground and requires a key card to get in after hour. It is a little far walking from the strip. The front desk provided a bottle of water for platinum and free wifi access. The hotel shuttle can also take you to/from 2 of the strip hotels, which is a nice service if needed.

At the end, I did not eat the breakfast there because I purchased buffet pass at Paris. a side note, don't forget to check out the 24 hours buffet pass at Reward Club for $39.99 (the ad is everywhere that you can eat at any of the 7 hotels: Rios, Paris, Cesar, Imperial, Bally, Planet Hollywood, Flamingo). Other than eating too much , it is a good deal.

Thanks for the OP for providing this promo info...
Old Dec 12, 2010, 7:18 pm
Used to be planetrain

I don't know if it's possible, but it's worth a shot... anyone try this/have any luck with this?

I booked this hotel through the Expedia.ca $300 coupon promo. I'm going to see if they can charge me the extra separately to upgrade to the 10k/night rate.

When I stay at hotels for work, a lot of times they'll let me split the difference on a personal credit card to get a different room.

If not, oh well, it was $17 for both the flight and hotel!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
If you have made a booking at this hotel you should be aware that
they've very recently removed "Complimentary Breakfast" from the fact sheet.
Infact, it did say Complimentary Breakfast" at several different places on their site, not anymore.

there is now a Best-4-Breakfast rate so maybe they decided to charge for the breakfast instead
I just checked it and booked the 15000 bonus in late January. Complimentary breakfast for up to two persons is included, as shown on the booking sheet.
Same for the 10000 bonus points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.