Anyone else having trouble with the AMB weekend booking site?

Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
Anyone else having trouble with the AMB weekend booking site?

Usually blame these types of issues on Safari browser, but it persists on IE. Basically I am not able to 'get' the AMB weekend cert site to accept my username and password. Checked it on the IHG site and IC sites and no problem logging in. Suggestions (other than calling/emailing)?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Working fine for me using Chrome, just booked my free night.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:06 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I had the same problem a few weeks ago (using Firefox). Works fine today.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: PC Plat-RA, M&M Gold
Worked fine on Firefox a week ago
Old Oct 3, 2010, 5:48 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
I had a problem a few weeks ago, tried a few different browsers. I was able to log in, get the hotel & the rates, but then I was unable to click through to confirm booking. Someone suggested simply calling and it worked for them.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:43 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
I'm having the same problem using Explorer right now. Does anyone know the rate code instead of using the website so I can make the booking online?

I don't have any other browsers installed.
Old May 27, 2011, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I have had that problem all year,
using the url on the cert.

I have gotten in by going to the IHG booking site,
navigating around to the AMB area where i find some link that works,
I think listed under "AMB benefits", or something like that.
Old May 27, 2011, 11:35 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Thank you. It worked. I managed to log in successfully even though the page looked exactly like the one I tried before.

Now, an interesting observation is that when I try to book this I am now getting charged the average of the two nights. This is definitely new. In the past I was only charged for the first night and the 2nd night was FREE regardless of whether the second night was more expensive or cheaper than the first.

Has anyone else noticed this? It'd definitely not what the certificate says which is pay for the first night and get the second night for free...
Old May 28, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I've had it come us as "rate unavailable". If you read the wording on the certificate it states that Weekend Rate are subject to availability. I was not very happy when that happened. I miss the old certificates.
Old May 28, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Thank you. It worked. I managed to log in successfully even though the page looked exactly like the one I tried before.

Now, an interesting observation is that when I try to book this I am now getting charged the average of the two nights. This is definitely new. In the past I was only charged for the first night and the 2nd night was FREE regardless of whether the second night was more expensive or cheaper than the first.

Has anyone else noticed this? It'd definitely not what the certificate says which is pay for the first night and get the second night for free...
Well, I just looked at my AMB weekend reserved at MNL IC in July.
The confirm actually shows the full charge (PHP 8500 ++)f
or both Fri and Sat nights, but also says the second night
will be free providing cert is presented. So they seem to do it many ways !
Old May 28, 2011, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by studio253
I've had it come us as "rate unavailable". If you read the wording on the certificate it states that Weekend Rate are subject to availability. I was not very happy when that happened. I miss the old certificates.
I often get that if it indeed is unavailable, dunno what the criteria is and if they have some formula that has something to do with booked occupancy. Yeah, not as good as the old certs...
Old May 29, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by studio253
Ditto....and the rate they charge to book on a cert is too high. Harder to use mine since now I can often book 2 nights on my Corp rate for much less than the cert for one night but still saving the cert for some high dollar spot.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Old thread but same problem still. Using Firefox and IE and cannot log in.

This is the link I try to use:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...dor/ambweekend

Could someone else maybe try if they can log in? Or if someone knows a better link, that would be nice.

I have used that one once earlier and I think I could log in then but first after trying it several different times and maybe 50 attempts
Old Sep 8, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
Old thread but same problem still. Using Firefox and IE and cannot log in.
I gave up with the "official" way long ago. Just use/bookmark this link: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/ihg/hot...eference=IBAMB

Make sure that Ambassador Certificate is chosen in the Rate Preference field.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
I gave up with the "official" way long ago. Just use/bookmark this link: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/ihg/hot...eference=IBAMB

Make sure that Ambassador Certificate is chosen in the Rate Preference field.
Thanks! The link you provided is excellent and I was able to book the hotel without any problems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.