Anyone else having trouble with the AMB weekend booking site?

Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:22 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I always find I have to log in twice to get it to work
and the rates are usually horrific.
the only place I have found the rate reasonable is Sydney.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
I gave up with the "official" way long ago. Just use/bookmark this link: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/ihg/hot...eference=IBAMB

Make sure that Ambassador Certificate is chosen in the Rate Preference field.
I cannot log in to the official website,but successfully booked AMB weekend rate with your link. Thank you.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
I gave up with the "official" way long ago. Just use/bookmark this link: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/ihg/hot...eference=IBAMB

Make sure that Ambassador Certificate is chosen in the Rate Preference field.
Thanks ! I could look AMB rate using your link. However, when I try to book on March next year...all of them are unavailable eventhough my AMB membership would expire on September
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Ditto....and the rate they charge to book on a cert is too high. Harder to use mine since now I can often book 2 nights on my Corp rate for much less than the cert for one night but still saving the cert for some high dollar spot.
Not all of us have corporate accounts so are not so fortunate. And the whole point of the Weekend BOGOs is for personal stays that should not be booked on a corporate rate since these stays are not business-related.

The major problem I have with this booking scheme is that all my BOGO stays this year have posted as "non-qualifying" and I've had to contact the Ambassador office to correct this. Most times they omit the bonuses and registering the stay in the Ambassador Accelerator meter. (Not to mention these stays used to post as two nights, and now when "corrected" only get one qualifying night.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.