Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2004, 3:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok (Master Thread)

I am planning a stay in the hotel next month. I have booked an Exec Club room in the Crowne tower. Would appreciate any experiences about the hotel/ rooms/ facilities...

My previous stays in BKK were at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit, and the two Sheratons. How would this hotel compare...

I am a Priority club platinum member, and IC Ambassador. Any chance of a suite upgrade here?
Old Feb 6, 2004, 9:37 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Check this thread for info about the Silom HI (former CP).

I have not stayed there since they became HI so I can't tell much about it.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 9:57 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Just curious on what the rates are like? I usually opt for the Royal Orchid (sheraton) down on the river.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 11:03 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 100,000miler:
Just curious on what the rates are like? I usually opt for the Royal Orchid (sheraton) down on the river.</font>
Yup, I stayed at the Royal Orchid last August and paid US$ 125 pn. Same at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. This time I'm getting a rate of US$82 at the HInn Silom Crowne Tower Exec club floor (includes breakfast and evening cocktails). As opposed to about US120ish at the Sheratons for a classic room (plus ofcourse plat benefits.) So thought I would check out the HInn given an approx US$40 difference per night between the two...

Old May 9, 2004, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Cool Travel infor for HI Silom Rd. BKK

Hey PC members,

Here's some info for you all. Just stayed at HI Silom Rd. Bangkok and had a decent stay for the fantastic rate of $57 via HI.com! Bought my own breakfast at 588 Baht total (approx $14) and that all includes tax and tips. The kicker is how to get there! Take the A1 bus which is in front of the taxi stand at the airport! It's 100 baht, aircon, and has a place to stow your luggage. There were only 9 people on the bus and, ironically, the bus takes you right out front of the hotel! That couldn't have been easier! No more hassles with the taxi driver from the airport.

Uusally the taxi costs about 210+ Baht in traffic (or if the driver likes to drive in circles) + 70 baht in tolls + 50 baht for driver + any additional tip. Usually costs me 350 Baht, which is about 10 bucks, but at 100 baht ($2.50) for the "same same" to a 10 meter walk to an escalator, into the hotel on the right.....it's 100 Baht!

Experience in BKK required, of course. All you need is to miss the hotel and be stuck on the bus. But, there it is.
Old May 10, 2004, 5:16 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I too was considering a stay here in June when I am in BKK. I e-mailed the hotel about Platinum amenities and no reply so I decided to call. If I book an Exec Floor room I was told that I would not be upgraded to a suite as the Exec room is the best "room" in the hotel already. When I enquired about a Suite upgrade, they told me that a "suite" is not a "room" they are not obligated to upgrade Plats; however, if I wanted to pay for an upgrade I would be more than welcome. I believe it was about $50 USD in addition to the $82 rate -- for $132, there are many better hotels in Bangkok. I think the I-C BKK, for $122 Advanced Purchase for a Club Room, with upgrade to Club Suite as Ambassador, is a better deal, IF looking for a suite upgrade.

Having said that I really don't know what I am going to do -- perhaps I will just give up and stay at the Oriental for 4 nights and not worry about a thing, except, perhaps, the credit card bill at the end of the month!!
Old Sep 18, 2004, 5:09 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
HI Bangkok (Silom)

I have "successfully" booked the Holiday Inn Silom in Bangkok in November on Priceline (55USD/night).

I had requested a 4-star hotel, which Priceline claims are among the world's best hotels. "Many cities do not have a 4 star hotel."

Nevertheless, I was dismayed to be booked into this hotel on Priceline for the same price I could get with the hotel directly.

Is this a decent hotel? Should I be looking forward to my stay here or should I consider staying elsewhere? Priceline have, predictably, been no help.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 12:34 pm

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
HI Silom

No, it's no comparison to the Marriott Resort in the same stars category of Priceline for Bangkok. It's more a 3-star-hotel, pool area not very nice, but service level however quite ok. I'd recommend an upgrade to executive floor (usually around 25++ USD extra per night), the lounge buffet is usually very nice!

Originally Posted by dll
I have "successfully" booked the Holiday Inn Silom in Bangkok in November on Priceline (55USD/night).

I had requested a 4-star hotel, which Priceline claims are among the world's best hotels. "Many cities do not have a 4 star hotel."

Nevertheless, I was dismayed to be booked into this hotel on Priceline for the same price I could get with the hotel directly.

Is this a decent hotel? Should I be looking forward to my stay here or should I consider staying elsewhere? Priceline have, predictably, been no help.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 6:46 pm

I stayed there once in the 90's when it was branded a Crowne Plaza. Much better than probably 99% of Holiday Inns, but not the best deal for $55 on Priceline

The exec rooms are not much worse than the JW Marriott's (which has the least inspiring rooms of BKK 5*'s IMHO).
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
If it's not a deal at USD 55/nt.....

How is this place at SGD 45 (about USD 27)? I just got 4 nts (SGD 228/USD 135 total) through the Priceline Asia/Singapore sale. I see the JW Marriott and other 5*s are running in the USD 75 range these days.

What does the executive lounge offer?
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:27 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Wow cool! Best price I got via Priceline US was 35$/night for the HI...

The lounge is not too big - one room with the buffet and one usual sitting room with TV etc., in between the small business center with 2 internet pcs (free internet for EF guests). Best is the large breakfast buffet and you'll get eggs done by order (sunnyside, omlette etc.), the view from the lounge to the Chao Paya is very nice, the personnel nice, the drinks free in the cocktail hours, and the "snack buffet" usually can be enough for dinner.. so worth the surcharg IMHO!

Originally Posted by terenz
How is this place at SGD 45 (about USD 27)? I just got 4 nts (SGD 228/USD 135 total) through the Priceline Asia/Singapore sale. I see the JW Marriott and other 5*s are running in the USD 75 range these days.

What does the executive lounge offer?
Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE (*A Gold), SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
HI Silom

Has anyone recently stayed at the HI Silom in Bangkok? What features do they offer?
Old Feb 1, 2006, 4:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I stayed there. A bit out of the way for some things but with the METRO system (a station about 3 blocks a way--this is a different part of the system but connects with the other), it was fine. Got to convention center in about 20 minutes.

Was upgraded to exec floor and free breakfast, goodies there. Also welcome drink at the bar. I thought the hotel was above average (still prefer the Conrad though!)
Old Feb 1, 2006, 6:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE (*A Gold), SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber

Was upgraded to exec floor and free breakfast, goodies there. Also welcome drink at the bar. I thought the hotel was above average (still prefer the Conrad though!)
Seems like you're in all the forums I ended up getting it for $60 USD/night on priceline - they showed it as a 4 star, but I am somewhat skeptical about that rating.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
IMHO, it is only worth using Priceline for Bangkok when bidding for 5 stars hotels. You can get better deals for 4 stars and below elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.