Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Auckland Airport [AKL] (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:21 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by zebranz

added: I never had breakfast there as I take the early flight to ZQN but have seen airline crews and others. Would not expect too much. Koru Club probably better if you have access.
We stayed there a few weeks ago. Breakfast was fairly OK.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by kmandrew
We are arriving Feb 26 then fly to Queenstown Feb 28. My original plan was to stay at the Hilton (120k), now my wife is suggesting we stay here (50k). Her logic is - we land at 1300; drop off our luggage then make our way downtown on public transport, eat dinner, walk around then make our way back - flying from LAX so will be pretty wiped. On the 27th she wants to do a day trip up north, I assume any tour company would pick us up at the HI. This plan will allow us to have a more relaxed morning if we book the 10:30 to ZQN on the 28th.

Any thoughts?
I would stay in the central city. The airport shuttle is expensive and infrequent. No or marginal time saving to get to the airport in the morning. You will also be using up a fair amount of time getting to & from hotel on your arrival day, which could be better spent in the city doing stuff.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I would stay in the central city. The airport shuttle is expensive and infrequent. No or marginal time saving to get to the airport in the morning. You will also be using up a fair amount of time getting to & from hotel on your arrival day, which could be better spent in the city doing stuff.
I’m voting with you guys - downtown it is - this is our one and only trip to NZ.
Now my next question, I want to use up some points so I booked the Club level for 535 NZ Feb 26 then a separate 40k room for Feb 27. Will they kick us out of the Club room after one night - I assume it will depend on how full the hotel is, if they asked us to move it would be ok, we wouldn’t deserve to be there.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:50 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kmandrew

I’m voting with you guys - downtown it is - this is our one and only trip to NZ.
Now my next question, I want to use up some points so I booked the Club level for 535 NZ Feb 26 then a separate 40k room for Feb 27. Will they kick us out of the Club room after one night - I assume it will depend on how full the hotel is, if they asked us to move it would be ok, we wouldn’t deserve to be there.
Which property are you talking about, the Hilton does not have a club, the CP does but it’s not worth anywhere near that sort of money?
Old Nov 17, 2023, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It appears there is no longer an airport shuttle here. What’s the cheapest way to get to the hotel from the airport?
Old Nov 17, 2023, 10:27 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It appears there is no longer an airport shuttle here. What’s the cheapest way to get to the hotel from the airport?
Uber, probably.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I do not believe the hotel ever had a shuttle. They use the Yellow Bus which I have taken many times.

https://www.yellowbus.co.nz/yellow-bus/partner-hotels
minz56 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How’s the pool here? Does it get much sun during the day? May book a layover here.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by zebranz
I do not believe the hotel ever had a shuttle. They use the Yellow Bus which I have taken many times.

https://www.yellowbus.co.nz/yellow-bus/partner-hotels
If you have a group (3+), booking a cab through Air NZ might be cheaper. We booked a van for 32 NZD and a sedan was available for about 25.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How’s the pool here? Does it get much sun during the day? May book a layover here.
Yes. Stayed there early November.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
If you have a group (3+), booking a cab through Air NZ might be cheaper. We booked a van for 32 NZD and a sedan was available for about 25.

Yes. Stayed there early November.
Pool is in the middle area so gets lots of light/sun/rain,

Passengers going to Holiday Inn, Naumi Hotel, Sudima Auckland Airport and Ibis Budget Auckland Airport will need to purchase tickets (either from the ticket machines at the Airport bus stops or online) before boarding the bus. Please have a ticket ready to present to the driver before boarding. Children under 12 are free.
It's been a while but should be about nzd 7 per adult- there is a machine which takes credit cards to give you a ticket. For return the hotel can charge your room and give you a ticket,
SkyTeam777 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.