Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Dublin (Master Thread) - no longer a Holiday Inn

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Malaysian Airlines Enrich, Air France Flying Blue, Intercontinental Spire Royal Ambassador
Holiday Inn Dublin (Master Thread) - no longer a Holiday Inn

The stay is quite a disappointment.

I booked the hotel directly by calling them, rate was just below EUR90 per night. Hotel is cheap because it is about 10-15 mins walk from Grafton Street area.

Negative parts about the hotel:

- Absolutely no recognition that I am a priority platinum member, no upgrades etc
- When I booked a room, I asked for a kingsize or queensize bed. I got a twin bed instead. Reception told me it was a request, not a guarantee. Again, I would thought a priority platinum member would be given priority.
- No safe in the room, no minibar, no free bottled water.... nothing in the room really except a kettle and some tea bags. Guess I should have read about facilities in the room carefully.

I do not think I will stay in this hotel again in future.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
The Dublin Holiday Inn has had a consistent standard of underperformance for many years.

One can find one or two threads about it in the Priority Club forum by using the search feature
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thumbs up

With so many HIs being dumped in the USA isn't it time for the vast multitude of sub-standard properties in the UK and Ireland also lose their branding?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Finally stayed at this property last night, despite the cautionary posts. I tend to agree with the over all comments including my earlier post. Amazed that this property was renovated in 1997 because the decor is totally 1960s! And it should not make the cut under the standards being applied in NAmerica. My room was large (don't know if it was an upgrade, it was a King bed with a sofa at sitting chairs/table) but haven't seen any others. On the top floor overlooking the street on the front of the hotel. As noted, no Plat benefits, wifi outrageously expensive, breakfast in some strange hall that resembled a school gymnasium rather unappetizing.

Now at the DUB CP which is quite a change of standards, and still as good as I recall it from a couple of years ago. However, I had actually booked the HIX next door (it was still under construction on my last stay) but was not informed it was being closed down over the holidays (until tomorrow). At check in I was given an upgrade to a Club room, though the lounge itself won't reopen until tomorrow morning, in time for my "free breakfast" I'd have gotten at the HIX.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Thank yo for this heads up on the HI Dublin, need to book a stay in Dublin quite soon so will avod this.

How was the CP?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:00 am

based on the reviews on tripadvisor and comments here i have decided to cancel an upcoming reservation and stay at a maldron property instead

its cheaper and i have already got pending reservations for CTC, so im not that desparate to stay it the holiday inn dublin.

I wonder if IHG will do anything about this place. Do I understand correctly that the last rennovation was 1997 ?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by lfc84
I wonder if IHG will do anything about this place. Do I understand correctly that the last rennovation was 1997 ?
Last renovation 1997 sounds about right. The restaurant prices on the other hand were renovated in 2007 and are around double the price of the corresponding items at your choice of nearby eateries :\

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.