Wiki Posts
Search

Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by markis10
So it was Arikok NP, Aruba!
As far as I know, the lighthouse is not part of the park.Can anyone confirm otherwise?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 6:47 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by freeflyin
As far as I know, the lighthouse is not part of the park.Can anyone confirm otherwise?
Its up the other end of the island:

http://marinas.com/view/lighthouse/7...ouse%29_Malmok
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:22 am

There are a few items in the picture NOT even near the park. The beach with the posts and lighthouse for sure. I think Mt. Hooiberg is not in the park, neither is the natural bridge (which collapsed in 2005).

I guess rule of thumb, be specific not accurate.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Can we also participate :)

Hi Folks,

The addresses I have with IHG are India and Austria ( for business).. I saw some threads that folks residing in EU are also able to submit their answers..

Can someone confirm if they got the points if their answer was correct for this last weeks quiz so that I can also participate then..
Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
So, how would you know if you guessed correctly? The site says come back on Monday, but where to look? And i mean not a grand prize, but to see if you are credited for the answer.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by foxberg
So, how would you know if you guessed correctly? The site says come back on Monday, but where to look? And i mean not a grand prize, but to see if you are credited for the answer.
I am assuming that if you did not give the exact answer they have posted on the site,that we will not get points.

This is disappointing because last week's answer was inaccurate based on the locations in the photo. Hopefully they do a better job on the upcoming ones.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I entered Arikok NP, Aruba as my Thursday answer and Aruba, Kingdom of the NL as my Friday answer. I hope that they won't consider that the last answer wipes the earlier ones....
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasondart
There are a few items in the picture NOT even near the park. The beach with the posts and lighthouse for sure. I think Mt. Hooiberg is not in the park, neither is the natural bridge (which collapsed in 2005).

I guess rule of thumb, be specific not accurate.
I think this is ridiculous for the game designer to have the park being the answer. As we who have been in Aruba know that several of the signs are no where near the Park.

It almost seems it is a design purposely to make you not guessing correctly.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:59 pm

So did anyone get their points? I followed FT wisdom and submitted Arikok NP, Aruba, I hope they'll send the points my way.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by Happy
I think this is ridiculous for the game designer to have the park being the answer. As we who have been in Aruba know that several of the signs are no where near the Park.

It almost seems it is a design purposely to make you not guessing correctly.
Do I see a new wave of complains to PCR?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:18 pm

Possibly.. I think I'd wait to see if they credit anyone with points that did not give the "correct" answer. They are going to lose all credibility if these errors continue
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
A very fun game, or at least it will be once they hopefully get the kinks worked out here. With their other current lucrative promos going on they seem to be going above and beyond with this one so maybe we should try not to be too harsh with the complaints and not provide substance to the old adage that "no good deed goes unpunished."
PC deserves much more credit here than critique, so let's at least give 'em a chance to work this all out. ^
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02
PC deserves much more credit here than critique, so let's at least give 'em a chance to work this all out. ^

Sorry,but the time to work it all out was BEFORE it was released.

This time they just got it wrong.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
There seem to be a few people on this thread with points fever!
If you are lucky enough to get some free points dished out then great! But there is only so much you can complain about, PC in no way owe anyone these points...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I think I clicked on the picture and got the legend that it was Arikok NP, Aruba. I had "guessed" this on Thursday, I believe. My PC account has not yet been credited.

I quite like the PC promotions right now--I think CTC is clever (this from someone who received some fairly easy thresholds, but then again, not all that many bonus points for unlocking my case), am delighted to have a 2-for-1 free night deal (even with the no-points rule), and I think this one's rather appealing, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.