Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:38 pm

I submitted "Arikok National Park, Aruba" based on my yahoo search of "two species birds cactus." Hopefully it is correct.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Kras
Some people think it is Arikok National Park in Aruba, but based on the first clue, I would just guess Aruba, the entire island ("covered with beaches, mountains and valleys").
The highest point in Aruba is 620 feet-not sure that qualifies as "mountains". The photo would certainly seem to suggest Aruba otherwise
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
Since both islands belong to the same group they have much in common. The one thing about Curaçao which makes me believe it's the one is the tallest point on the island is 1230 feet which is not exactly Mount Everest but which is twice the height of the highest point on Aruba.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blackhat_3_6
Since both islands belong to the same group they have much in common. The one thing about Curaçao which makes me believe it's the one is the tallest point on the island is 1230 feet which is not exactly Mount Everest but which is twice the height of the highest point on Aruba.
I don't think it's Curaçao. I would venture to guess that all of the locations are going to have IHG properties. I could, of course, be wrong, but since this is a marketing thing, I think the hotel directory is helpful: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...otel-directory
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:24 pm

Over 150 species of bird have been recorded from St Vincent and the
Grenadines, 95 of which breed on the islands. Lesser Antilles Endemic
Bird Area (EBA 030) restricted-range birds (of which there are 38) are
represented by 14 species, two of which—St Vincent Parrot (Amazona
guildingii) and Whistling Warbler (Catharopeza bishopi) –are endemic
to the main island of St Vincent.
http://www.birdlife.info/docs/AmCntr...Grenadines.pdf

St Vincent?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: priority
Smile Found it!

Thanks for the divi divi tree clue. If you google "divi tree cactus" you will come up with a certain island nation. Further investigation confirms 2 native species of birds, an owl and a parakeet exist in a park there.
Good luck!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs
Apparently my answer might be wrong anyway because somebody on another forum hacked the flash file to reveal more clues...
I just looked at that photo. If it is correct,it appears it indeed is Aruba. A bit of a stretch on the mountains!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:28 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by soitgoes
... I would venture to guess that all of the locations are going to have IHG properties.
But, since the theme of the contest is "Hotels Anywhere", why not assume that these are non-IHG locations?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:30 pm

I don't think it's Curaçao. I would venture to guess that all of the locations are going to have IHG properties. I could, of course, be wrong, but since this is a marketing thing, I think the hotel directory is helpful: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...otel-directory

I am not sure it would need to be a location with a IHG property,as it seems to be promoting the Anywhere Hotels program
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I am not sure it would need to be a location with a IHG property,as it seems to be promoting the Anywhere Hotels program
True.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:36 pm

I thought about that and nearly rejected Curaçao for that very reason but then I convinced myself they are marketing new and exotic as yet unannounced properties that will be opening soon.

So tomorrow I'll use Aruba.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:38 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
So what are the upcoming clues?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:16 pm

So, I am confused a little. The picture does not narrow it down.

The Divi Divi tree is not near Druif Beach where the picture of the poles was taken.

and the rocks and boulders with cacti is in a different place on Aruba.

and if the flash hack is correct it shows the California lightouse which is on a totally different spot on the island.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
this contest could be awesome or just slightly lame.

it would be nice if you do guess correctly and it let you know i have to wonder what happens if you guess three different locations...does the wrong answers override your correct answer? i am probably making this harder than it should be.

will await the third clue tomorrow to see if i was even close to my probably wrong guess tonight.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 9:42 pm

how about

morne diablotin national park, Dominica

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.