Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
...Occam's Razor counsels the latter.
Ladder?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by zabes64
There is a HI in Seward, AK, listing the attraction near there as glacier trekking and abundant hiking trails along the Kenai Peninsula also lists upon expanding more: Known as the "Gateway to Kenai Fjords National Park," Seward is located 126 miles south of Anchorage
Interesting. Kenai peninsula includes the areas identified earlier, such Turnagain Arm and Kenai river. This might be a valid and safe answer for today, although it is not clear to me if a peninsula can "flow"...

Last edited by Scooby3597; Sep 21, 2010 at 1:07 pm
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:06 pm

It would have saved a LOT of time had someone (like before) had fast-forwarded to the additional clues, and reported back.

The newbies have been amazing.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by Kohoutek
It would have saved a LOT of time had someone (like before) had fast-forwarded to the additional clues, and reported back.
It seems that the first week pictures were easily available right away if you looked in the right place. But I think they got smarter and I couldn't find any future pics for this week or the past one. This also explains why there was no "advance material" for the week 2.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
I think its Kenai Peninsula/River, I figured that since we know that they took the last picture from Shutterstock why wouldn't they take this picture from Shutterstock too, so I looked up Kenai National Park, didn't get a hit, but Kenai Peninsula and I got this picture which is the right bank of the river:

Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by foxberg
It seems that the first week pictures were easily available right away if you looked in the right place. But I think they got smarter and I couldn't find any future pics for this week or the past one. This also explains why there was no "advance material" for the week 2.
Noted. Thank you.

This week's GRAND PRIZE is 60,000 Big Ones. 12 PB nights in, say, Wisconsin.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by zabes64
I think its Kenai Peninsula/River, I figured that since we know that they took the last picture from Shutterstock why wouldn't they take this picture from Shutterstock too, so I looked up Kenai National Park, didn't get a hit, but Kenai Peninsula and I got this picture which is the right bank of the river:

This is the reason I went with Kenai Fjord National Park. And there seems to be quite a few followers.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:35 pm

As best as I can tell, Kenai River doesn't actually flow through Kenai Fjords National Park, which is located further south on the peninsula. It does flow through Chugach National Forest and Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, so I think either of those are more likely to be an answer.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by ambyr
As best as I can tell, Kenai River doesn't actually flow through Kenai Fjords National Park, which is located further south on the peninsula. It does flow through Chugach National Forest and Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, so I think either of those are more likely to be an answer.
Once again, California Lighthouse from week 1 was NOT in the Arikok NP either, but in a vicinity. Hey, you could be right. I just like my choice for today better. I might change my mind tomorrow though.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by ambyr
I agree. I was just going to post and ask where the guess "Kenai Fjords National Park" is coming from, given that the river doesn't flow through it. Actually, looking at the National Parks listing for Kenai Fjords there isn't even a reference to the Kenai River. Are people guessing this due to the fact that there is no Holiday Inn near the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge and there is one in Seward near the Fjords?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by marybdisney
...Are people guessing...?
Yes and no .
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by marybdisney
I agree. I was just going to post and ask where the guess "Kenai Fjords National Park" is coming from, given that the river doesn't flow through it. Actually, looking at the National Parks listing for Kenai Fjords there isn't even a reference to the Kenai River. Are people guessing this due to the fact that there is no Holiday Inn near the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge and there is one in Seward near the Fjords?
that and it actually has the name Kenai in it. From what others have said, previous clues and pictures for different locations were not exactly accurate, so we should assume these to not be that accurate, as well.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by mrredskin
that and it actually has the name Kenai in it...
... and National Park...
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:02 pm

Would someone please step forward with calculations/geometric logic as to how this game is going to cost IHG big time? Yes/no? No need to worry about future point devaluations? Yes/no?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Occam's Razor counsels the latter.
I cut myself while shaving with Occam's Razor once.

It wasn't a pretty sight.

Scared the bejezuz out of me...blood everyone.

Sheesh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.