"Crack the case" Promo

Old May 28, 11, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by newK2 View Post
I have everything done for crack the case except I need 2 more "nights" to open my fourth lock for the big bonus - I have no further stays I actually need and obviously time is running out.

I also am on the bonus for 10K for 7 "nights"

If I've read the rules and peoples posting for Priority Club and Crack the Case correctly I could book 2 rooms for 1 night at a single property and both rooms would be qualifying "nights" for the Crack the Case and I believe the 7stays = 10K promotion.

I do still have time to make 1 room stays at two unique properties on May 29 and May 30, however, this is more expensive since the next property up in price is a fair bit more and it means 2 trips to check in instead of one.

Since the bonus at stake is rather large, I was hoping a few people with strong knowledge on this might chime in to confirm the above or let me know where my analysis went wrong, in which case I will do the 2 unique property approach.

the time taken to comment is appreciated
1 property 2 rooms will count correctly for C&C
however they will only count as 1 night towards stay 7 get 10k
Old May 28, 11, 8:37 pm

Programs: CX DM, PR MM, IHG Plat Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Mine just posted too. Thank you IHG
Old May 28, 11, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
This has been one of the more curious promotions of any hotel group. It served to make a lot of low-earning/low-stay PC members quite happy while pissing off those of us (mainly RAs) who stay over 50 nights a year and thus received pretty tough requirements (and in not a few cases, virtually impossible targets). In effect, the promo offered to double one's points balance as it appeared within a month of the invitation period.

While I expressed my doubts about hitting my high targets way back then, did managed to do so a month or more ahead of the closing date, but I was still pissed off at all the relative newbies whose offers were so easy to achieve and who picked up almost as many bonus points as I was offered.

Unsure what ICH's objectives were with this promo, though I know I sampled many HIs and HIXs I might never have stayed at (in my regular cities) and discovered a couple that I will return (or already have returned) to on future travels to certain cities.
Old May 28, 11, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IHGEMP View Post
priority club needs to run another mega promo like this one. This was probably one of the best promos ever.
For some, if you read back you'll see some folks with ridiculous latches to crack...
Old May 29, 11, 12:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
For some, if you read back you'll see some folks with ridiculous latches to crack...
Thats the catch.. if you've stayed so many nights the year before.. and a rediculous amount at that.. and it was a special year of travelling and no choice but to stay at PC hotels..

The next year will be doubly difficult to achieve if the travel pattern isn't as onerous as the year before..
Old May 29, 11, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Diamond,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Smile Mine final points posted--what a challenge

As a frequent IHG traveler, 44 nights in 2010, I had a very large challenge from August 15, 2010-May 31, 2011--42nights, 19 different hotels, 7 Saturdays and credit card points. Last nights completed 5/21 and final group of points just posted. While the 19 different hotels really needed advance planning (I normally use the same two or three hotels), I found some new interesting hotels and used this as an excuse for some weekend jaunts. Saturday nights were a challenge as I stay for work but in the end, the 42 nights took me the longest.

Thanks Priority Club!
Old May 29, 11, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTG + Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
55 nights, 28 properties, 14 Saturdays and a survey. If my Friday and Saturday stays post correctly, I have cracked my 160K points. Never thought I'd do it when I got the offer!
Old May 29, 11, 11:03 am

thanks!

Thanks Olegator for clarifying - 10K is worth doing 2 checkins
Old May 29, 11, 12:25 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Gold, Best Western Rewards Diamond, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Shareholder View Post

Unsure what ICH's objectives were with this promo, though I know I sampled many HIs and HIXs I might never have stayed at (in my regular cities) and discovered a couple that I will return (or already have returned) to on future travels to certain cities.
That is exactly what they are aiming for. They will get more people going to more holiday inns experiencing more types of ihg properties and hopefully returning as well. Not to mention, making members feel more loyal to priority club.

Sure come peoples cases are extrememley hard to crack, but everything seems to be relative.
Old May 29, 11, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
I've had my total haul of nearly 200k points post to my account now, which should go a long way to paying for the hotels on our up coming two week trip to California

It wouldn't have been possible without FT!
Old May 29, 11, 4:07 pm

Just checked and the case is finally cracked! Over 208K total points, of which 125K came from opening all the latches. I feel a bit guilty when I look at what others had to do. We only had 10 total nights, 2 brands, 2 Saturday stays (plus Visa card, email opt-in, survey) On the other hand, even these requirements took some effort for us given our travel patterns this year. I'm just happy it's over and I can focus on something else now
Old May 31, 11, 2:02 am

Finished mine just in time ... specially scheduled a three night weekend to get over the line.

Now waiting for the points to post.

My tasks:
- Survey
- 18 different properties
- 30 room nights
- 9 Saturdays.

Hopefully things will work out and I'll have all the points shortly (> 180K)
Old May 31, 11, 3:17 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, UA, AS, DL. HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Sorry if this has been covered many times before, but how long does it take for Friends and Family rate stays to post? I completed my last Saturday night stay at the wire on the 28, and it's not showing on CTC or PC sites, so I'm hoping they actually noted my PC# upon check-in. I'm a bit worried because front desk also assured me they had granted me a late check-out in their system, and in fact I got locked out of my room because the girl at the desk never actually put it in the computer.
Old May 31, 11, 8:05 am

Programs: RA-Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SPG Gold, CO Silver, DAL Silver, Avis P'sC, AAA-Plus
Originally Posted by angelsgirl85 View Post
Sorry if this has been covered many times before, but how long does it take for Friends and Family rate stays to post? I completed my last Saturday night stay at the wire on the 28, and it's not showing on CTC or PC sites, so I'm hoping they actually noted my PC# upon check-in. I'm a bit worried because front desk also assured me they had granted me a late check-out in their system, and in fact I got locked out of my room because the girl at the desk never actually put it in the computer.

I used F&F certificate (btw hotel didn't ask to see it) on Saturday May 21st. CTC points posted in my account on May 27th. Interestingly enough, the CTC webpage does not show that all of my latches have been opened.

I chose 4 options/latches from opening a PC Visa card, 5 Saturdays, 3 brands, 52 nights, and a survey for 159,000 CTC points.

Last edited by dahorns; May 31, 11 at 8:16 am
Old May 31, 11, 7:10 pm

Programs: LH HON, IHG RA, random stuff at Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
finally I cracked the case --> +160K

In the beginning I thought 57 room nights would be hard to achieve, finally it was no problem. However, the hardest task was "5 brands". Not easy to do in Europe. A short trip to LON with one night at the Indigo Paddington was the trigger

Search this Thread