Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Crack the case" Promo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat
relocked survey here too. Sent email week ago. No reply. Still locked.

very frustrating.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eykramer
i've my survey latch relocked for a few weeks now, I already opened my other three latches, this is ridiculous!
Has anyone tried doing the survey again to see if it credits it again?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kremmen
Has anyone tried doing the survey again to see if it credits it again?
It won't let me.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 5:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Given the systemic "locking" of the "unlocked" latch for the survey, could that be a way for the company's programmers to make sure there wasn't any double crediting of the (non-credit card) 4-latch bonus going on in any given account? That is, might it not be far easier for the company to do a quicker back-to-back batch processing of the 4-latches-unlocked bonus with a batch filtering out of those few who have already been credited the 4-latches bonus by switching the latch status for the survey? That could be one explanation for what appears to be a glitch that seems to remain non-remedied even as it seems simple enough to address by itself.

I'm done with these 4 of 5 latches too, but the completed survey latch shows as "locked" while the survey is inaccessible due to having already done it.

I'm looking forward to many more free nights as a result of this promotion, so the sooner they get this fixed, the better (as PC PBs are eagerly anticipated).
Old Jan 20, 2011, 5:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Given the systemic "locking" of the "unlocked" latch for the survey, could that be a way for the company's programmers to make sure there wasn't any double crediting of the (non-credit card) 4-latch bonus going on in any given account? That is, might it not be far easier for the company to do a quicker back-to-back batch processing of the 4-latches-unlocked bonus with a batch filtering out of those few who have already been credited the 4-latches bonus by switching the latch status for the survey? That could be one explanation for what appears to be a glitch that seems to remain non-remedied even as it seems simple enough to address by itself.

I'm done with these 4 of 5 latches too, but the completed survey latch shows as "locked" while the survey is inaccessible due to having already done it.

I'm looking forward to many more free nights as a result of this promotion, so the sooner they get this fixed, the better (as PC PBs are eagerly anticipated).
Well call me a cynic but I too was wondering whether something a bit strange was going on here. I was wondering whether there is a reason that these latches have become locked again other than an IT glitch. Maybe by doing this IHG are, for whatever purpose, delaying the issuing of the Megabonus. Maybe with the Sweet Dilemma promo there is too much reward night activity and they know with the awarding of all these points that there likely be a lot more? Whatever the reason, I have definitely been considering whether this is something done on purpose by IHG. Obviously I could be wrong and I probably am but its definitely a consideration!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
reward nights

Would points/reward nigths count towards the number of nights, different properties or saturday night stays in the CTC promo ?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by serkan
Would points/reward nigths count towards the number of nights, different properties or saturday night stays in the CTC promo ?
some people...including me...have had this happen. It seems that if you put an incidental charge to the room, no matter how small, in some cases that has somehow worked. So my advice is to try that.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: DL, AT, HH Diamond, PC Plat AMB
My survey latch finally re-opened, and the bonus points all posted! It is about time!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Echarais
My survey latch finally re-opened, and the bonus points all posted! It is about time!
same here....what a relief....
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
i got my all CTC points just tooday
great deal
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just got my CTC bonus of 102K points within the last 3 hours !
I was required to blast open 5 of my 6 latches. I had opened 4 of them, then I applied for the Visa card on Jan. 11 & my Chase account showed that I was approved on Jan. 14.
I received my card in the mail about 1 hour ago & phoned to activate it. I expected that I would have to use it, wait for my statement to print on Feb. 3 & then my earnings to post to PC, followed by a CTC sweep in 2 weeks after that. I guess this still applies to my 60K CTC bonus for the Visa-card latch + 60K from Chase sign-up bonus.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
My Mum's survey has reopened but the email sign-up has not. Just done it again so lets see what happens.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan
I just got my CTC bonus of 102K points within the last 3 hours !
I was required to blast open 5 of my 6 latches. I had opened 4 of them, then I applied for the Visa card on Jan. 11 & my Chase account showed that I was approved on Jan. 14.
I received my card in the mail about 1 hour ago & phoned to activate it. I expected that I would have to use it, wait for my statement to print on Feb. 3 & then my earnings to post to PC, followed by a CTC sweep in 2 weeks after that. I guess this still applies to my 60K CTC bonus for the Visa-card latch + 60K from Chase sign-up bonus.
Hmm... my Chase CC latch has been unlocked after I applied and was approved, but i haven't activated yet. Still waiting for the CtC points to post though. Annoying, as it would make me a platinum.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Goonerfish
some people...including me...have had this happen. It seems that if you put an incidental charge to the room, no matter how small, in some cases that has somehow worked. So my advice is to try that.
It posted for me for one reward stay (no incidentals) too, but not for two other times on points (where I had incidental charges). So I am not sure what the ruke is, and whether I should ring priority club and ask for it.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: Priority Club
Wink

I've got a question. I'm playing catchup here since I just got my registration approved for CTC and browsing through over 100 pages of this thread may or may not give me the answer. My CTC is set to unlock 4/5 with a final bonus on the 5th case. The prize for four latches is 80k, and it says unlock all five and receive "up to" 123k. So, if I unlock all five, does the number of 123k equal the sum of all the cases awarded plus 80k, or do I receive an additional 123k on top of the 80k for the fourth latch plus the individual case awards? TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.