Search

PC and my lack of...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
PC and my lack of...

Hi Folks,
First of all I must say sorry for not being around for the past few months. We have been so busy with work and pushing to complete some major contracts that life basically stopped for me during this period of time. I am sure that a lot of you will understand this situation and also appreciate that during current economic trends that its best to be busy completing orders and working and not looking for a job.

Needless to say that some of my life has suffered due to this necessary work time, even worse was the fact that the work was all within 15 miles of my house so my trips have been far and few between, so much so that I failed (yes its hard to believe) to maintain RA status this year.

My PC year has been pretty bad with the car crash last year which put me out of action for a few months of travel, then into the new year with the weather we had in the UK which caused a lot of disruptions then the volcano then the fact that we had a large project to finish.

Anyway, I thought I would say sorry to all the folk on the IC forum for the lack of input and updating things.

I hope now to be able to move forward with things but I hope you all understand the situation.

For the moderators I hope you dont think this is off topic and I ask that you please leave this posting in the IC forum

Regards
J
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Good to hear from you. I'm sure we all understand when personal circumstances mean you can't dedicate much time on this site. You've been a massive help to many here (me included) and although it's appreciated I doubt anyone would say you had a duty to post so there's certainly no need to apologise.

But if you do have the time then welcome back.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:39 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Hi Radioman,

welcome back to flyertalk. It is nice to see you posting at this board and I fully understand your situation. And I am also glad to hear, that you are doing well after your accident last year.

Points and Miles are not the most important thing in life ... and beeing busy is for sure the better way than having free time but not the money to travel ...

Jan

P.S. I am fine with leaving this post in this forum
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:43 am

Great to have you back...you have been missed!
Old Jul 25, 2010, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Hear! hear! to the above sentiments.

BTW, you got your priorities right. ^ I hope you will gradually get back to your former travelling routine.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 9:53 am
Community Director Emerita

We've missed you. I am relieved to see a post from you, knowing you were in an accident last year. When someone stops posting, we never know why - and sometimes it really is the worst reason. I'm glad that's not the case for you. I'm glad you've continued to have work - and sometimes, being at home every night is a very nice thing.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
what Roger and SanDiego1K said. ^
Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
No apologies required I'd say...glad to see folks keep life's priorities in perspective. Best of success and good health moving forward Radioman !
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:04 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
No apologies required I'd say...glad to see folks keep life's priorities in perspective. Best of success and good health moving forward Radioman !
+1^^^
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:25 am

Good to know to read that you are on track!

As I wrote in another thread: I sincerely hope that Radioman is doing well in his life and the only reason why he is absent for a relatively long period of time is because his priorities have changed recently.

All the best for your personal life and remember: This is only a BB!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 2:59 am

Programs: ICH Plt Royal Amb, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Plat, HHons,
Welcome back, you have been missed in Forum land but we fully understand life comes first, staying in employment is important in these times. I lost my job through being made redundant and this coming year will find it hard to make RA again so you and I will be in the same boat in that regard but life goes on and we just have to make the most of it.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:44 am

Glad you are back on board
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Good to see you back Radioman.

I'm just along the road from you in Linlithgow so if there's ever anything I can help with to save you time, or just for convenience, please just ask.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Welcome back to the forum, Radioman. ^^

You were definitely missed for many reasons.

mxm135
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Radioman, welcome back and never apologize for your absence. Personal matters are of most important and while missed, you never owe the contributions you provide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.