Search

IC New York Times Square Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:51 pm
YUL

Programs: SPG Gold / IHG Spire / Emerald Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Get a Ski View Room.
I like the Snowboard View Room better (With Alps background ...)
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Can anyone explain what the difference is between the Superior, Deluxe, and InterContinental Deluxe room types? Is there any appreciable difference? Also, does this hotel typically upgrade Ambassadors that booked via the Chase free night? Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Why is this hotel in litigation to leave IHG? Anyone have more juicy back story?
tMonk1 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by stvr
Why is this hotel in litigation to leave IHG? Anyone have more juicy back story?
wait what !!! Where did you hear this?

https://www.law360.com/articles/965686/intercontinental-wants-nyc-hotel-contract-enforced-or-175m
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by moe8555
Can anyone explain what the difference is between the Superior, Deluxe, and InterContinental Deluxe room types? Is there any appreciable difference? Also, does this hotel typically upgrade Ambassadors that booked via the Chase free night? Thanks!
In the past, I have been upgraded when using my AMB Free Cert and Chase Free Night together to a Sky View Room, which is on a higher floor. I do not know what the differences are between the room you are asking for.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
wait what !!! Where did you hear this?

https://www.law360.com/articles/9656...forced-or-175m
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...es-square.html
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Wow! If they loose this hotel they are going to have to have to find a solution for the IC brand in NYC asap.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by christianj
Wow! If they loose this hotel they are going to have to have to find a solution for the IC brand in NYC asap.
For a long time it was just the Barclay, and this was when the Barclay was a dump. It might have issues since reopening but you can't call it a dump.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Somebody decided they did not want to continue contributing part of their profits to IHG and trying to get out of agreement.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by moe8555
Superior, Deluxe, and Skyview are the same rooms at different heights: Skyview on the upper floors, Deluxe on the middle floors, and Superior on the lower floors.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by mnelson
Superior, Deluxe, and Skyview are the same rooms at different heights: Skyview on the upper floors, Deluxe on the middle floors, and Superior on the lower floors.
Ha! We were told we'd been "upgraded" to a Superior room. Guess Deluxe would've been better.

Also, the bathroom light stopped working after an hour (the maintenance guy did fix it) and I was charged the full amount of a night for what was booked as a points stay. But the GM did right by me in the end and we worked everything out.

Last edited by yodamace1; Oct 30, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by stvr
The management is a joke. IHG had to step in for me once to force a response from the self-described GM (who was not actually the GM) for my complaints. The staff was equally terrible based on IC standards.

It doesn't surprise me that this hotel is picking fights with corporate. Good riddance if they leave
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Does anybody have an email address at the IC Time Square that I could contact for some special room request? I tried: [email protected], but did not receive any reply.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:59 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by Viennafly
Does anybody have an email address at the IC Time Square that I could contact for some special room request? I tried: [email protected], but did not receive any reply.
My response from the IC TS last year was CC'ed by [email protected] & [email protected] - Worth a shot! :-:
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:03 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by clubman
Don't let that put you off.

I've never had an issue there.

Good service, good upgrades (on paid and points stays), nice rooms, great views from higher floors, and very handy subway right below the hotel.
Agreed! See my review on my profile from last December. No hesitation in going back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.