Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC New York Times Square Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by artemis021
Stayed here on a Sweet Dilemma night as a Platinum, having reserved a corner room. Sophie checked me in about an hour early and told me I would be getting an amenity (yay!). I got room 1803. I guess the corner rooms aren't any bigger than the regular ones, but it had two nice windows.
I got the normal fruit and chocolate plate with a bottle of Evian. Very nice.
The noise from the street and the hallway wasn't so nice, though.
The bed was comfortable. They had a rainfall shower, but no bathtub.
I was in 2601 ( two double bed sky view room), and I assume that all the floors are similar, so the xx01-04 rooms are together and off one side of the lift lobby, so you only get 3 other rooms of people outside (if that makes sense?) If you are in the other rooms, you'll get a lot more foot traffic outside the door. (rooms xx05-xx16 I think it was).

I got the same amenities, I'm a Gold Ambassador.

2601 faced the Hudson, and didn't seem that noisy. Maybe it's the 8th Ave rooms that have the noise problem more?

Why is the turndown service always when you are getting ready to go out, around 6.30? It's that time when you're getting ready for a show or something, and then there's that tap at the door. Housekeeping called a few times as well to check if everything is ok. Do they monitor when someone goes in the room so know when to call?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL GM US silver AA GM Jet Blue True Blue
We recently stayed at the IC TS on the Sweet Dilemma promo and generally had a pretty nice stay though we did have a few complaints.

We were there on a Saturday night when the hotel was pretty fully booked but we were checked in relatively quickly by a helpful agent at the ambassador desk. (My better half is a platinum ambassador; I thought she should havemade royal amb but alas it doesn't look likely).

We booked a corner view room on the sweet dilemma website and though the check in woman said we were getting an upgrade, we got a corner view room. It was on the 31st floor and was quite nice if a bit small.

Given the relative space constraints, I wonder why they bothered to place such a fancy computer in the room; business travellers will have their own and like us would prefer to use the desk with their laptop. Tourists are unlikely to fork over the rather stiff fee to use the computer.

Traffic noise was definitely audible in our room on the 38th floor with views looking out at the Hudson River and down 8th Ave.

The bed was very comfy, and the finish of the room looked great.

Having called ahead, I was not expecting a shower and thought the bathroom was quite nice. The shower area was large and the rain shower enjoyable. We also enjoyed the Gilchrest and Somes bath products.

I think our biggest complaint was that when we received our turn down service, housekeeping did not clean the bathroom or replace the towels. Since it is somewhat easy to get the bathroom wet, this was our only disappointmetn with our stay.

We received Ambassador ammenities and I must say the chocolate fruit here was far superior to the IC Barclay (where we received a horrible room certainly not the jr. suite that many here have reported). But no the better half refuses to return to the Barclay; given how nice the IC TS is, I suppose I won't fight her on this.

The ammenity consisted of dried fruit, nuts, chocolate, evian and fresh fruit, which was ripe and tasty. In addition, we mentioned that we were celebrating my birthday and were rewarded with a slice of excellent rich chocolate cake that tasted great that night and held up overnight.

All in all, this was a great sweet dilemma redemption!!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by NE flier
It was on the 31st floor and was quite nice if a bit small.
Originally Posted by NE flier
Traffic noise was definitely audible in our room on the 38th floor
So what was it then, 31st or 38th...?

The room to book as an Ambassador is a Sky view room (doesn't need to be a corner one) as you then get upgraded to a Sky View Avenue Studio Suit.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by clubman
The room to book as an Ambassador is a Sky view room (doesn't need to be a corner one) as you then get upgraded to a Sky View Avenue Studio Suit.
Do these suites also have shower only? And is this the one with a room divider to create the suite? The web site description is not very helpful. I wish they would do proper pictures of all the rooms the way Fairmont does.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Yes, shower only.

Unfortunately the only rooms they have with bath tubs are a few rooms on the lowest floors.

And yes, the room I described is the one with the divider.
It's around 550ft which is a good size and has almost floor to ceiling windows all the way round so you get fantastic views down and up 8th avenue, onto time square, and to the Hudson - best views I have ever had in any NY hotel, and I've stayed in plenty.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 3:25 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Thanks, clubman. ^ I have booked it on the F&F rate to make sure I get the bigger room. And though I much prefer a good shower to a bath (SO will be less pleased) I like to know what I'm in for.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Checked in last night for a two night stay. I'm a Plat Amb and was "upgraded" to a Sky View Deluxe according to the agent. So far not impressed at all! Room is nicely appointed but small and they managed to hit several of my hotel pet peeves so far:
1. Room right off the elevator
2. Only one cream & sugar pack available in the coffee station. Not even enough for 1 person and we are two.
3. Crappy water pressure.
4. No hot water! Shower turned all the way to hot got me a lukewarm shower.

Last edited by christianj; Apr 2, 2011 at 8:02 am
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
It took about 5 mins sometimes for the shower to get hot. It always got there eventually so hopefully it'll be the same for you.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:04 pm

Staying here as a Platinum member. Will there be any perks?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:52 pm

IC Times Square for 1 night or Staybridge Suites for 2?

I was so glad to find this thread....here's my dilemma. I have 2 nights from the Sweet dilemma promo that I want to use in NYC and had hoped to grab 2 nights at the IC Times Sq for a Friday and Saturday night in May. Unfortunately I can only get Friday at the IC, but I can get both nights at the Staybridge. Would you recommend bypassing the IC for the convenience of not having to relocate as well as free breakfast and wifi at the Staybridge. I'm trying to make this as economical trip as possible as to save my vacation $'s for an upcoming Hawaii trip. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with this NYC rookie!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Plenty of cheap diners near the IC so you can a breakfast cheaply. I would give it a go, for 1 night, because its free so why not?! The only reason not to would be if you were ludicrously busy the next day and didn't have time to move hotels.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: Platinum RA - SPG Gold
Do they honor RA benefits on reward stays ?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I see the Candlewood Suites Times Square only charges 15k per night for a $270 room, tripadvisor loves it, this looks like the best use of 30k I can think of. I know this is a little off IC Times Square point but I hope the New York vets here will have an opinion of the property.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 9:37 am

I am not an Ambassador member, only PC Plat. What is the daily internet charge here?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I am not an Ambassador member, only PC Plat. What is the daily internet charge here?
$14.95. Straight from the hotel's website...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.