Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Tips on how to navigate to the hotel from Shinagawa Station (JR Shinkansen, Yamanote Line, Keikyu Airport Line to/from HND, other various lines that stop in Shinagawa).

The easiest way is via the second (main) level, one up from street level. Exiting the station, there are elevated sidewalks/skyways that leads into the elevator lobby of the hotel.
  • Keikyu Line platform seems to mainly exit to street level so make your way up to the second level at the earliest opportunity.
  • All other non-Shinkansen lines exit from the platform up stairs/escalators/elevators to the second floor; follow signs to the Central Exit outside of fare control
  • Shinkansen lines have their own exits from the second floor

From the second floor, follow signs to the Konan (East) Exit of the Shinagawa Station and exit there. Best to walk on the right side of the corridor. When exiting, the Dean + DeLuca cafe will be on your right, follow the flow of traffic to the right past the store and then take a left down the long walkway and you will see the sign for the hotel as you get closer on the right side. There's a small 7-11 on the left when you get to the hotel entrance. Walk down the corridor and turn left which will lead you to the elevator banks that service the 26th floor check in lobby.
Print Wikipost

The Strings by Intercontinental Tokyo Master Thread [merged]

Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:13 am

Programs: QFF P1 / OW EMERALD, VA PLATINUM, ETIHAD GUEST GOLD, IC RA, HH DIAMOND
I booked a 'Club' room.... For weeks my room upgrade showed 'King Executive Suite', now it shows 'Premier King Room'.... Should I be upset?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pyxis
I booked a 'Club' room.... For weeks my room upgrade showed 'King Executive Suite', now it shows 'Premier King Room'.... Should I be upset?
I would have stayed at ANA or Tokyo Bay. My nod for the latter. Esp as RA.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:19 am

Programs: QFF P1 / OW EMERALD, VA PLATINUM, ETIHAD GUEST GOLD, IC RA, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I would have stayed at ANA or Tokyo Bay. My nod for the latter. Esp as RA.
hi mnredfox! i stayed at the ANA just months ago, and was disappointed with my stay.... since then, have been staying at the Park Hyatt / Conrad, but thought i would give the Strings a go this time.... i really wanted an IC Strings teddy bear () i'm really annoyed, as i emailed the hotel prior to making an (advance purchase - completely pre-paid!) reservation. i was advised that the RA upgrade from a Club Room would be to a suite. true to form, my reservation was updated accordingly within hours of booking. today, i noticed the change. have just emailed the hotel asking what is going on.... not a good start!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 2:19 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pyxis
hi mnredfox! i stayed at the ANA just months ago, and was disappointed with my stay.... since then, have been staying at the Park Hyatt / Conrad, but thought i would give the Strings a go this time.... i really wanted an IC Strings teddy bear () i'm really annoyed, as i emailed the hotel prior to making an (advance purchase - completely pre-paid!) reservation. i was advised that the RA upgrade from a Club Room would be to a suite. true to form, my reservation was updated accordingly within hours of booking. today, i noticed the change. have just emailed the hotel asking what is going on.... not a good start!
Well, it should go to suite if you book a club room. You should read the recent reports from RA's (either the RA experience thread or the specific hotel threads) about how treatment of RA's has gone downhill at the Strings. It's still a great property, but you'll get much better treatment at the other two.

Sorry to hear about the ANA. They did take away lounge access for cheapest rooms, but the upgrades are good and welcome gifts nice.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Ok I can't for the life of me find the ANA IC Tokyo master thread.

I have booked the Club Corner Suite at the ANA. I'm wondering what RAs get as upgrades?

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by lsed

I have booked the Club Corner Suite at the ANA. I'm wondering what RAs get as upgrades?

Thanks!
Did you check the RA experience master thread?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by lsed

Thanks!
Did you check the RA experience master thread?
Old May 27, 2013, 7:35 am

Any recent experience about the Strings by IC? I am a Platinum Ambassador, booked a Premier King for two short stays and am wondering what kind of benefits I will be getting. I understand there is no longer a dedicated "Club Floor". Do any of the room types come with a complimentary minibar? Any experience what the guaranteed upgrade will be from a Premier Room?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Since Aug 2010, Hyatt Platinum
I booked a "Superior" room (priced the same as the Premier King) in November at The Strings. Anybody know what I will end up with?

I'm a Plat Amb and this will be my 2nd time at this hotel. Loved it the first time I stayed there in 2010 in a Prem King corner club room I think it was called. I want a good view on the opposite side from the train station. Can anyone suggest some tips? I'll be there for 3 nights.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by ZKOKA
Any recent experience about the Strings by IC? I am a Platinum Ambassador, booked a Premier King for two short stays and am wondering what kind of benefits I will be getting. I understand there is no longer a dedicated "Club Floor". Do any of the room types come with a complimentary minibar? Any experience what the guaranteed upgrade will be from a Premier Room?
To answer my own question (partly): I checked my reservation the other day and it now shows "King Executive Suite" ^ I had previously emailed the hotel asking some questions about their services, that seems to have triggered the early upgrade (stay is later this year).
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I'm arriving here within 24 hours and having a bit of a issue. I have injured my foot and still have 6 bags of luggage to cart around and two small kids. When I arrive at nrt what's the easiest and cheapest way to get to the hotel. I rang for transfers and they told me 300€ and then I checked for taxis and its about the same. Surely there must be a cheaper option.

Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I'm arriving here within 24 hours and having a bit of a issue. I have injured my foot and still have 6 bags of luggage to cart around and two small kids. When I arrive at nrt what's the easiest and cheapest way to get to the hotel. I rang for transfers and they told me 300€ and then I checked for taxis and its about the same. Surely there must be a cheaper option.

Thanks
Limousine Bus to The Strings (Shinagawa Station Konan exit)

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/pla...hes/index/1/44
Old Aug 5, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: IC RA, AA EXP
Originally Posted by hailstorm

Alternate choice if you hate long bus rides (like me) Narita Express from Narita to Shinagawa station.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by grompf
Alternate choice if you hate long bus rides (like me) Narita Express from Narita to Shinagawa station.
Still a lot of walking from Shinagawa station to do on an injured foot...
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:50 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by hailstorm

When I arrived to the Strings by Limousine Bus last January, there was a person from the hotel with a cart and she took everyone's luggage to the hotel lobby.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.