Accounts closed with nearly half million points

Old May 29, 2010, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I have had exactly 0 paid stays in the US this year. All paid stays have been in Asia. Including Bangkok, Jakarta, Singapore and Hong Kong. Most of the stays have been at IC's and I still averaged 5-6k per night, even on longer stays. I'd think he would at least be an Ambassador, or should be an RA.
He is not RA as no single stay at IC.

As I mentioned, many promotion only good for US members, not US properties.

too bad I can not pull his detail anymore, otherwise, I will show you lots of stays had no bonus at all other than Platinum 50%. Also I mentioned last year was diff due to FFN promotion, that's when he stayed many nights too.

BTW, RA is not important anymore, as several RAs in china got account closed.

Last edited by yyliu88; May 29, 2010 at 8:57 pm
Old May 29, 2010, 8:52 pm

My PCR account was closed also for the nearly same reason several months ago. The guy from PCR told me that you could choose another program now, PCR would never welcome you back from now on!
Old May 29, 2010, 9:26 pm

there is more and more tincture indicate the action is becoming a discriminating toward Chinese name person, not only Chinese in china, but also all over the world .
when you comsume the point ,your account will be ending...
Old May 29, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
If PCR could have a program that alert Chinese names with numerous offer registrations, PCR should better use the program to match the tragetted member and the promotion that they are registering for during the registration process.

Accepting any offer registration, even the OBSOLETE one, from any member, tragetted or NOT, is an unbelievable system anyway.
Old May 29, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I have had exactly 0 paid stays in the US this year. All paid stays have been in Asia. Including Bangkok, Jakarta, Singapore and Hong Kong. Most of the stays have been at IC's and I still averaged 5-6k per night, even on longer stays. I'd think he would at least be an Ambassador, or should be an RA.
Most of us would like to have most of hotel stays at IC or other luxury hotels, but some of us cannot do it because there is no IC in the area or just cannot afford the rate.

Having said that, in some part of the world, my corporate rate at IC is sometimes cheaper than CP or even HI.
Old May 29, 2010, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
Most of us would like to have most of hotel stays at IC or other luxury hotels, but some of us cannot do it because there is no IC in the area or just cannot afford the rate.

Having said that, in some part of the world, my corporate rate at IC is sometimes cheaper than CP or even HI.
The only reason I mentioned the IC stays is that they often credit at much lower rates than say a HI stay. I often have the difference in prices between a CP and IC of a dollar or two.
Old May 29, 2010, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think registering for codes is the issue. I think that's just the "excuse" being used. It seems they are attempting to crack down on the sale of award rooms and the use of multiple accounts that might be rampant in certain regions. In so doing, they may also be closing down too many accounts. (Cf. Wyndham/BMI where there were reports of huge quantities of phantom stays being racked up via Chinese hotels.)
Old May 29, 2010, 10:15 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Hyatt D; Marriott P; SPG P;
I was RA. From June 2009 to May 2010, I stayed 70 nights in IHG and became RA on March 2010. I earned 200k PCR points+ 20k airline miles + 4 FFN from these stays.

My account was closed 2 weeks ago without notification. The points in my account was 190K+(I used 10K points).

I feel disappointed what PCR did for Chinese.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I don't think registering for codes is the issue. I think that's just the "excuse" being used. It seems they are attempting to crack down on the sale of award rooms and the use of multiple accounts that might be rampant in certain regions. In so doing, they may also be closing down too many accounts. (Cf. Wyndham/BMI where there were reports of huge quantities of phantom stays being racked up via Chinese hotels.)
yes, they are attempting to prevent award sales, I have no problem with that, but does that mean every Chinese who redeemed certain amount of points were selling rooms?

BTW, Wyndham/BMI phantom stays reported on FT were fake, there was no such thing like buying receipts exist. Yes, super 8 are cheap in China, $25-$30 USD per night, there were many people took advantage of this promotion, but still, people showed up, checked in, just choose not to stay at hotels. it's not worth it for hotel to sell u the receipt as they would loss franchise license if got caught

Last edited by yyliu88; May 29, 2010 at 10:22 pm
Old May 29, 2010, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Me2Earth
To the OP,
It is as simple as that. If it is the same card then it is just one person with multiple accounts.
As others have posted, there are many valid reasons for sharing a credit card account among family members.

Besides, many card issuers will issue additional cards or joint account cards with different names but the same account number.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
If PCR could have a program that alert Chinese names with numerous offer registrations, PCR should better use the program to match the tragetted member and the promotion that they are registering for during the registration process.

Accepting any offer registration, even the OBSOLETE one, from any member, tragetted or NOT, is an unbelievable system anyway.
it's not alert by registration, it's alerted by redemption.

My account was safe before I redeemed 150K for 6 nights stay.

Basically, you redeemed certain amount of points, then their system alerted, then human checked, then saw Chinese name, then bye~~~
Old May 29, 2010, 10:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I still fail to see any proof that they are targetting racially.

Your account got closed, you are chinese does not prove anything

No having both sides of the story, not mch that can be inferred imo
Old May 29, 2010, 11:15 pm

All this just turn priority club policy to be a autocratic rule. It will makes everyone feel that the priority club points is not safe.

Because you will not know you are locked until you try to login. And they never provide evidence of the reason why you are locked.

In this case. Priority club takes all the roles of detective, jury and judge. There is not place for the suspected member to appeal.

Because Priority club has the power to lock out all points anytime in future and you can't find a way to reclaim all the points. Then you will be refused to join the priority club again.
Old May 29, 2010, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by freepoint
All this just turn priority club policy to be a autocratic rule. It will makes everyone feel that the priority club points is not safe.

Because you will not know you are locked until you try to login. And they never provide evidence of the reason why you are locked.

In this case. Priority club takes all the roles of detective, jury and judge. There is not place for the suspected member to appeal.

Because Priority club has the power to lock out all points anytime in future and you can't find a way to reclaim all the points. Then you will be refused to join the priority club again.
I have made 3 reservations in PCR @ San Francisco, I hope I can cancel them and change to SPG or Hyatt. PCR is scary and not appealing any more.
Old May 29, 2010, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I still fail to see any proof that they are targetting racially.

Your account got closed, you are chinese does not prove anything

No having both sides of the story, not mch that can be inferred imo
Have u read every reply yet? if no, please read first.

let me make it clear, If I can make money by selling points, why would I want to write a blog ? I write a blog because I like the game and want to everyone knows better about the game.

Last edited by yyliu88; May 30, 2010 at 12:37 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.