Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Kandooma -- Maldives

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:52 am

Unhappy

How quickly did the hotel email you back when you contacted them? I sent 2 emails early last week and have still not received a reply
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:20 am

New, Breakfast 22,50$ + 16,5 %.

inkl. the new Tax 6 % !!

Award Night we must pay 8 $ / Night Person.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by globalste
I finally wrenched out the following information from the hotel after about 5 emails:

sorry I cannot seem to get FT to put the below into a table despite me writing in a table format

Basically any drinks you want and meals in any restaurant for $90, or $45 for a slightly more restrictive drinks list and eating at the Cafe or 20% off any other restaurant.

So the really wacky thing is, full-board is no cheaper than paying for meals individually!

I'm a bit confused by their options. So full board is just for food and all-inclusive is just for drinks? Can you do all-inclusive w/ out full board?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 2:46 pm

This is the response I got back from the hotel. I'm still curious if one cand do a.i. drinks but not a.i. food.
Kandooma Café is the resorts main restaurant, serving a full buffet breakfast from 06:30 hrs until 10:30hrs. US$ 23.00++ is the cost for breakfast per person per night.

For hassle free holidays we also offer the following meal plans

Half Board, which includes breakfast and dinner at Kandooma Café
US$70.00++per Adult
Full Board, which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner at Kandooma Café
US$105..00++ per Adult
All Inclusive, which is a combination of the full board and selected beverages at our restaurants and bars
US$152.00++per Adult – Standard
US$199.00 ++per adult - Premium
*Kids under 12 years eat free, and above 12 years are charged at an adult meal rate, condition apply!!

STANDARD ALL INCLUSIVE

· Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served at Kandooma Cafe with the daily buffet.
· Feature wine, red or white served by glass.
· A selection of house spirits.
· Daily selected mocktails and cocktails.
· Soft drinks including chilled juices.
· Kandooma mineral water.
· Beverages served available between 11.00 am till 12.00 midnight in Kandooma Cafe, Bokkuraa Coffee Club, Lobby Lounge and The Deck.

PREMIUM ALL INCLUSIVE
· Breakfast served at Kandooma Cafe.
· Lunch serve at Kandooma Cafe or Bokkuraa Coffee Club.
· Dinner serve at Kandooma Cafe or Bokkuraa Coffee Club or The Kitchen Restaurant.
(Applicable menu items are identified on each outlet menu)
· Tapas menu at The Deck and Lobby Lounge.
· A selection of red, white and sparkling wine served by glass.
· A selection of premium house spirits.
· All cocktails and mocktails available from the beverage list.
· Soft drinks and fresh squeezed juices.
· Beverages served available between 11.00 am till 12.00 midnight in Kandooma Cafe, Bokkuraa Coffee Club, Lobby Lounge and The Deck.

For Standard All Inclusive, we allocate all the meals to our All Day Dining Restaurant ‘Kandooma Café’ the meals provided by set menu or buffet. For Premium All Inclusive, we allocate the meals to our All Day Dining Restaurant ‘Kandooma Café’ the meals provided by set menu or buffet, and you also able select of others F&B outlet in the resorts to enjoy your meals, however applicable menu items are identified on each outlet menu.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 2:58 pm

Can anyone compare this hotel with the Sheraton in the North Male Atoll?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Latest prices quoted to me on a booking I made this week...

• Buffet Breakfast at Kandooma Café - US$29.00++ per Adult
  • Half Board - breakfast and dinner at Kandooma Café US$84.00++ per Adult
  • Full Board - breakfast, lunch and dinner at Kandooma Café US$123.00++ per Adult
  • "Stay Spirited" - selected beverages in all restaurants & bars - Treat yourself to a wide variety of international drinks, cocktails and juices: Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Chilled Orange Juice, Chilled Apple Juice, Chilled Pineapple Juice, Featured Draft Beer, Vodka, Gin, Rum, Whisky, Brandy, White & Red Wine, Kandooma Coco, Mojito, Cosmopolitan, Caipirinha, Caiproska, Pina Colada, and the Tom Collins - US$70.00++ per Adult
  • "Dine Around" - dine in all restaurants (events & lobster dishes excluded) - The ultimate culinary experience! Feast at any of our restaurants—Kandooma Café, Bokkuraa Coffee Club and The Kitchen— with your unique Dine Around package. Tantalise your palate with a wide array of dishes! - US$181.00++ per Adult
  • "Stay Indulgent" - drink & dine everywhere (lobster dishes excluded) - The truly indulgent package! Have breakfast, lunch and dinner in any outlet of your choice and stay spirited with drinks anywhere—minibar and room service included! Immerse yourself in our stunning events - Fisherman’s Market, Dine IN! the Kitchen and the Maldivian Beach BBQ—all included. Spoil yourself by indulging on all we have on offer! - US$251.00++ per Adult

I see they quote individually for breakfast, and earlier up this thread $20++ mains at the pool bar are referenced (which makes me think $39++ extra for full board vs. half board isn't the best deal). Any more information on food prices? Obviously based on consumption, but it sounds like it might be practical to do all-inclusive drinks and just pay-as-you-go for food (as ejh25 is asking too). I've emailed the hotel back about that option, and to see if they can send sample menu & prices.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by BA97
Latest prices quoted to me on a booking I made this week...
Prices at this resort seem to go up faster than one can catch up with.

I received the following quotes just a few days ago for a stay in the 1st week of May:

Buffet Breakfast at Kandooma Café - US$26.00++ per Adult
Half Board - US$73.00++ per Adult
Full Board - US$108.00++ per Adult
"Stay Spirited" - US$62.00++ per Adult
"Dine Around" - US$160.00++ per Adult
"Stay Indulgent" - US$222.00++ per Adult

When is your stay?

Last edited by DuMaInSin; Apr 18, 2012 at 7:00 am
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
We're staying over New Year 2012, so quite a way off.

The hotel confirmed back to me by email (very quickly, they're to be complimented on their efficiency here) that it's perfectly possible to pay for a drinks package but pay for food on a meal-by-meal basis if that's what you want to do.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
thanks BA97.

So it looks like they already know that they will increase the prices somewhere between now and the end of this year, and have quoted you these prices.

Yes, they informed me as well that you can pay for food on a meal-by-meal basis. Apparently for the buffet dinner at the Kandooma Café you pay the same price as you would if you book half board (in my case $47++).

Have they also quoted you prices for transportation?

This is what I got:

Shared Transfers:
Return Speedboat transfers from Airport to resort and Resort to Airport (Roundtrip) will be at US$188.00nett per Adult/ US$116.00nett per Child. (Inclusive of 10% Service Charge and 6% GST Tax)

Private Transfers:
Private Speedboat Transfers (max 4 Guests) USD 446.00 ++, per boat per way (Subject to 10% Service Charge and 6% GST Tax)
Private Speedboat Transfers (max 8 Guests) USD 796.00 ++, per boat per way (Subject to 10% Service Charge and 6% GST Tax)

In addition to that, in my case, there are the following charges:

Bed Tax
Priority Club will cover the payment for Bed Tax of a Member for reward nights stay. Extra persons travelling with the member will be charged at a rate of US$8.00 Bed Tax per person per night.

Extra Bed Supplement
US$ 55.00 ++ will be charges for the extra bed per bed per night.
Old May 11, 2012, 8:20 pm

Menus

I have the menus and the flyer showing the prices for meal/spirit upgrades. Feel free to PM if you want them!

Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
i read up-thread that this isn't a good choice for a honeymoon stop. any reason for this?

Also, nearly $200 pp for airport transfer sounds like robbery.

The beach isn't that great?

No luck on an over-water villa even if Plat, correct?

edit: after reading some other threads (conrad) and their transfer fees, $200 doesn't seem as asinine.

Last edited by mrredskin; Jun 6, 2012 at 1:46 pm
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:40 pm
Used to be highman123

Just stayed here for 2 nights on points. Here is my review:

Pro:

- scenic boat ride across open waters (prepare for some shake down!)
- friendly sit-down check-in ala Andaz with fresh juice and lovely staff
- very bright well appointed two-level villas, huge bathroom with rain shower, lots of outdoor space and privacy
- fantastic food, some of the best hotel food I ever had, I chose the half-board
- super friendly, courteous and chatty staff
- right sized island, you can walk around in 20 minutes, not too much not too little
- good mix of folks mostly AU, CN and some Europeans

Con:

- Internet is 512kb only, I know this place is remote but I was hoping for more
- no real Maldives lagoon, while there are some nice sandy swimming areas with corals, the big lagoon that most North Male Atoll resorts have is missing

Overall I'm impressed how well managed this place is. This is by all means a great hotel anywhere in the world.

It's a good place for families with kids but also for couples. Surfers will love this place in summer as the breaks roll in directly behind the beach.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 4:28 am

I hated the lizards! The open shower design is a flaw!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:35 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by kitbag1984
I hated the lizards! The open shower design is a flaw!
Come on - they'll eat the spiders and mosquitoes. And they look pretty cute actually
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:45 am
Community Director Emerita

ycp81 posted a great trip report on his trip to the Maldives. The section on the Holiday Inn Kandooma can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post19101512

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.