Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Kandooma -- Maldives

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: GF Black
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
I've paid fully without using any points, so they better have my points ready. And for that upgrade, isn't about the availability, not about the type of reservation?
My understanding under the Priority Club terms and conditions is that you MUST book via the Priority Club website OR directly with the hotel in order to get points and other PC benefits. Generally, you do NOT get points if booked through a third party site.
pardon me, but I have booked through booking.com, travel agents and by calling the hotels directly numerous times, and all of my points were accounted for. I don't where you got that info from, but it isn't in the members guide and rules.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lunardream
pardon me, but I have booked through booking.com, travel agents and by calling the hotels directly numerous times, and all of my points were accounted for. I don't where you got that info from, but it isn't in the members guide and rules.
Actually, I DID get it from the priority club rules (but I was wrong about the travel agents).

From the terms and conditions"

Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates; Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate.

Also from the terms and conditions:

Points will be awarded for Qualifying Room Rates booked through IHG central reservation offices, IHG web sites, travel agents or directly at the hotel.

So I guess the issue is whether your booking company is a travel agent or a third party web site.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lunardream
And for that upgrade, isn't about the availability, not about the type of reservation?
From the terms and conditions

4.Hotel Room Upgrades for Platinum Members: Platinum level members will be offered a complimentary upgrade, as determined by the hotel, which might include rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, or rooms with preferred views. The upgrade will be offered at time of check-in, based on availability, and will only apply to the member's personal guest room. The hotel is not required to upgrade members to suites or specialty rooms. Upgrade benefit will not apply to rooms booked as a Reward Night reservation.

Looks like you might be out of luck on two fronts -- the hotel appears to be sold out for at least one night during your stay, so there may be no availability. Also, I would think that any room higher than your booked category (i.e., overwater villa) might be deemed a suite or specialty room.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:55 am

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
How expensive is the food? Is the breakfast included on reward nights basis?
Breaksfast isn't included in reward nights and is 18 USD + 10 % Service Charge
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: GF Black
iamthehpt

I rest my case.....Good job on that homework!!

well, I guess then...I have no case against them for barking about the upgrade :S
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:13 am

this might be of interest for anyone planing to go to the Maldives

Maldives Tourism Goods and Services Tax from January 2011.

The tax will see a 3.5% levy on all goods and services sold to tourists, including accommodation, domestic transportation, diving and sports facilities

http://www.ttglive.com/c/portal/layo...elated=4381297
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:30 am

I also didn't have to pay the 8 USD per night
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kshastry
Did anybody took Male city tour? Is it worth doing?
I agree with Kathabene in regards to the Male city tour - it was pretty basic, only covering a couple of blocks near the jetty. I did notice some of the people on my tour stayed at the airport after the tour finished rather than head back to the resort (seems to work well with checkout time being midday and the tour commencing at 1pm).

Given that you usually need to pay for the airport transfer anyway it might be a cost effective way to see a bit of Male and not get slugged with the airport transfer costs on top of it as well if a tour runs on the day that you leave and you have an evening flight. Otherwise you could just take an earlier airport transfer and take a look around Male yourself if you're really interested - there's left luggage at the airport and the boats between the airport and Male run pretty much constantly.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
How expensive is the food? Is the breakfast included on reward nights basis?
In regards to other food on top of breakfast, the buffet dinner at the Kandooma Cafe is US$38.00nett and the dining at the Poolside Cafe or for in-room dining varies between about US$12-$20 for mains. They had a nice promo that started in November while I was there of dessert and a mocktail for $9.50 as well (or $11.50 for dessert and a cocktail).

I didn't check the prices for The Kitchen, though would imagine it to be somewhat higher than these.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
In regards to other food on top of breakfast, the buffet dinner at the Kandooma Cafe is US$38.00nett and the dining at the Poolside Cafe or for in-room dining varies between about US$12-$20 for mains. They had a nice promo that started in November while I was there of dessert and a mocktail for $9.50 as well (or $11.50 for dessert and a cocktail).

I didn't check the prices for The Kitchen, though would imagine it to be somewhat higher than these.
I really liked the kitchen, the food was much better than in the other restaurants. They have a promotion pay 20% less of your food bill when you dine before 8 and you are one of the first eight tables. Which you always are if you come for eight o'clock.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
I agree with Kathabene in regards to the Male city tour - it was pretty basic, only covering a couple of blocks near the jetty. I did notice some of the people on my tour stayed at the airport after the tour finished rather than head back to the resort (seems to work well with checkout time being midday and the tour commencing at 1pm).

Given that you usually need to pay for the airport transfer anyway it might be a cost effective way to see a bit of Male and not get slugged with the airport transfer costs on top of it as well if a tour runs on the day that you leave and you have an evening flight. Otherwise you could just take an earlier airport transfer and take a look around Male yourself if you're really interested - there's left luggage at the airport and the boats between the airport and Male run pretty much constantly.
Going there in Dec. So you can avoid the airport transfer fee?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info re: food prices. Wow -- the prices seem very reasonable -- by Maldives standards, anyway.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by travelkid
Going there in Dec. So you can avoid the airport transfer fee?
For going to the resort I don't think there's any way to avoid it. As for going back to the airport I can't say whether they charge for both the tour and the transfer, just that there was certainly people who took the tour who went straight to the airport from there rather than returning to the resort.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 1:04 am

I guess they would collect USD 150 as airport transfer fee (which is for both ways).

A question on left luggage at Male airport. Does it operate round the clock? Where to find them? How much do they charge?
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: PC Plat/RA, LH SEN, FB Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kathabene
I really liked the kitchen, the food was much better than in the other restaurants. They have a promotion pay 20% less of your food bill when you dine before 8 and you are one of the first eight tables. Which you always are if you come for eight o'clock.
Isn't it a quote from a discount coupon you can get only once per stay ?
Did you try to get this discount without this coupon ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.