Holiday Inn Kandooma -- Maldives

Old Aug 17, 15, 7:03 am
Suspended

i know is there no way to get away from the island?
Old Aug 30, 15, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Just made a reservation at this hotel for 5 nights in January @ 35k p/night.

Booked a 'Standard Room' and they allocated me a Garden View Beachouse which I thought was reasonably generous.

Anyway, they emailed me prices for their food and beverage packages and they seem to have changed a little from the last post on the subject in this thread:

Meal Package Detail
Price Per Person

Buffet Breakfast at Kandooma Cafe
US$36.00++ per adult, per night

Set Lunch at Kandooma Cafe
US$40.00++ per adult, per night

Buffet Dinner at Kandooma Café
US$69.00 per adult, per night

Half Board - (Buffet Breakfast and Buffet Dinner Only)
Enjoy a rich and varied array of flavors in Kandooma Café for breakfast and dinner.
With an ever-changing menu and an interactive dining experience, every meal is a delight! Travel the world without leaving Kandooma with our huge selection of international flavors and spices.
US$105.00++ per adult, per night

Full Board - (Buffet Breakfast, Set Lunch and Buffet Dinner)
Enjoy a rich and varied array of flavors in Kandooma Café for breakfast, lunch and dinner with an ever-changing menu and an interactive dining experience, every meal is a delight! Travel the world without leaving Kandooma with our huge selection of international flavors and spices.
US$145.00++ per adult, per night

Stay Spirited - SELECTED BEVERAGES IN ALL RESTAURANTS AND BARS
Treat yourself to a wide variety of international drinks, cocktails and juices:
Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Chilled Orange Juice, Chilled Apple Juice, Chilled Pineapple Juice, International Draft Beer, Vodka, Gin, Rum, Whisky, Brandy, White & Red Wine, Kandooma Coco, Mojito, Cosmopolitan, Caipirinha, Caiproska, Pina Colada, and the Tom Collins, Mocktails; Fiesta Punchless& Virgin Mojito
US$89.00++per adult, per night
US$45.00++per child (04 – 11.99 years), per night

All Inclusive - (Buffet Breakfast, Set Lunch, Buffet Dinner and Beverages)
Enjoy a rich and varied array of flavors in Kandooma Café for breakfast, lunch and dinner with an ever-changing menu and an interactive dining experience, every meal is a delight! Travel the world without leaving Kandooma with our huge selection of international flavors and spices.
Treat yourself to a wide variety of international drinks, cocktails and juices at all restaurants and bars.
US$234.00++per adult, per night
US$117.00++per child (04 – 11.99 years), per night

- Rates are subject to 12% GST Tax and 10% Service Charge. Above rates quoted per person, per night on top of the room rate.

Does anyone who's gone with these packages know whether say with the all inclusive package whether room service is included or can you ONLY eat at the Kandooma Cafe buffet? Looking at the email it seems they may have dropped the 'Premium all inclusive' option that let you dine anywhere?

Tempted to go the drinks package and just dine a la carte

EDIT:

I contacted the hotel about the 'Premium All-Inclusive' option and got the following response:

"Kindly note that our Premium All Inclusive option is no longer available starting 01 November 2015 onwards."

So I guess it's really forcing a choice between buffet or a la carte

Last edited by jozdemir; Sep 9, 15 at 3:45 pm Reason: Updated info
Old Sep 13, 15, 5:40 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Further to your query, ​we provide private transfer from Mafuushi to our resort and the price is US$110.00++ per boat, per way. One way charge from our resort to the airport is US$109.50 nett per adult and US$67.00 nett per child.
Old Nov 12, 15, 11:19 pm

Anyone stay at the water villa? Worth the money? And how deep is the water level?
Old Feb 16, 16, 8:19 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
We had a nice 3 night stay here early January on points.
We had 4 nights on Maafushi before and had them pick us up there for 100usd. We loved the place. I'm only gold with ihg but we got upgraded to a sea view villa without asking for it. Villa was superb and I was happy to have booked Holiday Inn instead of Sheraton. I also looked into owb but I thought it wasn't worth the money, also our sea view villa was centrally located with short walk to restaurants and pool. There buffets were great, we spent 1200usd for three nights plus points 105000 points, including transfer from maafushi and to airport. Service was excellent everywhere. hotel was fully booked in early January but never felt crowded. They have complementary snorkeling trip to house reef every morning.

Won't go back to Maldives but if we would, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at HI again....
Old Feb 17, 16, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by cln View Post
We had a nice 3 night stay here early January on points.
We had 4 nights on Maafushi before and had them pick us up there for 100usd. We loved the place. I'm only gold with ihg but we got upgraded to a sea view villa without asking for it. Villa was superb and I was happy to have booked Holiday Inn instead of Sheraton. I also looked into owb but I thought it wasn't worth the money, also our sea view villa was centrally located with short walk to restaurants and pool. There buffets were great, we spent 1200usd for three nights plus points 105000 points, including transfer from maafushi and to airport. Service was excellent everywhere. hotel was fully booked in early January but never felt crowded. They have complementary snorkeling trip to house reef every morning.

Won't go back to Maldives but if we would, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at HI again....
Hi, would you mind letting us know the the OWB upgrade sell price? Just curious how much they are charging currently. Many thanks
Old Jul 1, 16, 11:23 am

Can't find an e-mail address for the property anywhere. If one of you have it can you pm me, please? thanks.
Old Jul 1, 16, 11:41 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Google?

First hit for "contact kandooma":

http://www.maldives.holidayinnresorts.com/contact-us/
Hawkeyefan likes this.
Old Jul 1, 16, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by goliath View Post
Google?

First hit for "contact kandooma":

http://www.maldives.holidayinnresorts.com/contact-us/
Genius. Thanks.
Old May 17, 17, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Well with the fabulous mistake fare MLE JFK... I'm looking at making reservations at this property.

I am wondering if I book King bed Sea View Beach House, would I be upgraded to the over water villa? As a spire elite I was treated very well at the Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi island ...
Old May 17, 17, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 View Post
Well with the fabulous mistake fare MLE JFK... I'm looking at making reservations at this property.

I am wondering if I book King bed Sea View Beach House, would I be upgraded to the over water villa? As a spire elite I was treated very well at the Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi island ...
You should be upgraded to the next category. The OWBs are always pretty much booked.at full price.
Old May 20, 17, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Is breakfast included on award stays especially those with the Chase cert?
Old May 21, 17, 7:17 am

Breakfast is not included unless booked rate specifically includes breakfast.
But even if you have to pay, it's worth every penny. Enjoy your stay.
Old Nov 23, 17, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I emailed the hotel about speedboat cost and they said it is $229 per person round trip. I saw a post here that said it was mandatory, but that was in 2010.

is this still mandatory - and - is there a cheaper option getting to the resort?

thanks a lot!
Old Nov 23, 17, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 View Post
I emailed the hotel about speedboat cost and they said it is $229 per person round trip. I saw a post here that said it was mandatory, but that was in 2010.

is this still mandatory - and - is there a cheaper option getting to the resort?

thanks a lot!
That's the only option.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: