Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Kandooma -- Maldives

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Nekamah7
You have till March or so. Just call them up and book it that way.
Wow, thats great.

I am planning to get the 60k points credit card. That will work perfectly for four nights.

I know am being lazy here but do you till what date in March?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:21 am
Used to be highman123

Holiday Inn Kandooma -- Maldives

Folks pre increase rates are 25k. 15k was from a year ago.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 5:11 am

I am planning a visit to the resort for my family in May and the following are the information provided by the resort.

"Please see below two options of transfer as follows:

Shared Transfers:

Return Speedboat transfers from Airport to resort and Resort to Airport (Roundtrip) will be at US$198.00nett per Adult/ US$121.00nett per Child. (Inclusive of 10% Service Charge and 8% GST Tax)

Private Transfers:

Private Speedboat Transfers (max 4 Guests) USD 530.00 nett, per boat per way (Inclusive of 10% Service Charge and 8% GST Tax)

Private Speedboat Transfers (max 8 Guests) USD 946.00 nett, per boat per way (Inclusive 10% Service Charge and 8% GST Tax)

Airport Directions:

A Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma airport representative will be waiting for you at the exit outside the arrival hall with Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma signage. If you have any inconvenience locating our Crew, please contact Reservations at +960 664-0511 or please our Counter no : # 45.

Bed Tax:

Priority Club will cover the payment for Bed Tax of a Member for reward nights stay. Extra persons travelling with the member will be charged at a rate of US$8.00 Bed Tax per person per night

For hassle free holidays we also offer the following meal plans:

Kandooma Café is the resorts main restaurant, serving a full buffet breakfast from 06:30 hrs until 10:30hrs.

Breakfast at Kandooma Café
US$29.00 nett per Adult

Half Board, which includes breakfast and dinner at Kandooma Café
US$81.00 nett per Adult

Full Board, which includes breakfast, Lunch and dinner at Kandooma Café
US$117.00 nett per Adult

Stay Spirited - SELECTED BEVERAGES IN ALL RESTAURANTS AND BARS
Treat yourself to a wide variety of international drinks, cocktails and juices: Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Chilled Orange Juice, Chilled Apple Juice, Chilled Pineapple Juice, Featured Draft Beer, Vodka, Gin, Rum, Whisky, Brandy, White & Red Wine, Kandooma Coco, Mojito, Cosmopolitan, Caipirinha, Caiproska, Pina Colada, and the Tom Collins
US$69.00 nett per Adult

Stay Indulgent - DRINK AND DINE EVERYWHERE
(lobster dishes excluded)
DRINK: Everywhere
All stay spirited drinks and all cocktails, coffee & tea, smoothies, milkshakes anywhere — mini-bar and ice cream included!
DINE: All around (lobster excluded)
The truly indulgent package! Have breakfast, lunch and dinner in any outlet of your choice or in your room. Immerse yourself in our stunning events—Fisherman’s Market, Dine IN! the Kitchen and the Maldivian Beach BBQ.

ENJOY: Non-Motorized Sports
All non-motorized water sports and recreation activities included: kayak, catamaran, SUP boards, surf board and windsurfing

RELAX: Como Shambhala Massage
Indulge in a 60 minute nurturing massage (per person per stay) using our signature blended massage oil to calm the mind and rejuvenate your body at our Spa.
US$227.00 nett per Adult
US$113.50 nett per Child

*** Rates above subject to 8% GST Tax and 10% Service Charge. Above rates quoted per meal per person.
*** Applicable for full length of stay with minimum of 3 nights. All guests in a room must be on the same package.
*** Kids under 12 years eat free, and above 12 years are charged at an adult meal rate. Conditions apply.
*** Kids eat free is available at Kandooma Cafe only."

The above information is correct as of Jan 21, 2013. Please note that the resort may change the prices stated above at any time without prior notice.

The Stay Indulgent package price of $227 is for one adult per day.

Hope the above helps.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by stanleycamel
Internet charges at HI Kandooma - anyone have prices please.
We were there in December 2012 and we weren't charged for internet. We are platinum members though. There is definitely free internet in the lobby but I don't think they charge for it at all.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by intermagix
I am planning a visit to the resort for my family in May and the following are the information provided by the resort.

"Please see below two options of transfer as follows:

Shared Transfers:

Return Speedboat transfers from Airport to resort and Resort to Airport (Roundtrip) will be at US$198.00nett per Adult/ US$121.00nett per Child. (Inclusive of 10% Service Charge and 8% GST Tax)

Private Transfers:

Private Speedboat Transfers (max 4 Guests) USD 530.00 nett, per boat per way (Inclusive of 10% Service Charge and 8% GST Tax)

Private Speedboat Transfers (max 8 Guests) USD 946.00 nett, per boat per way (Inclusive 10% Service Charge and 8% GST Tax)

Airport Directions:

A Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma airport representative will be waiting for you at the exit outside the arrival hall with Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma signage. If you have any inconvenience locating our Crew, please contact Reservations at +960 664-0511 or please our Counter no : # 45.

Bed Tax:

Priority Club will cover the payment for Bed Tax of a Member for reward nights stay. Extra persons travelling with the member will be charged at a rate of US$8.00 Bed Tax per person per night

For hassle free holidays we also offer the following meal plans:

Kandooma Café is the resorts main restaurant, serving a full buffet breakfast from 06:30 hrs until 10:30hrs.

Breakfast at Kandooma Café
US$29.00 nett per Adult

Half Board, which includes breakfast and dinner at Kandooma Café
US$81.00 nett per Adult

Full Board, which includes breakfast, Lunch and dinner at Kandooma Café
US$117.00 nett per Adult

Stay Spirited - SELECTED BEVERAGES IN ALL RESTAURANTS AND BARS
Treat yourself to a wide variety of international drinks, cocktails and juices: Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Chilled Orange Juice, Chilled Apple Juice, Chilled Pineapple Juice, Featured Draft Beer, Vodka, Gin, Rum, Whisky, Brandy, White & Red Wine, Kandooma Coco, Mojito, Cosmopolitan, Caipirinha, Caiproska, Pina Colada, and the Tom Collins
US$69.00 nett per Adult

Stay Indulgent - DRINK AND DINE EVERYWHERE
(lobster dishes excluded)
DRINK: Everywhere
All stay spirited drinks and all cocktails, coffee & tea, smoothies, milkshakes anywhere — mini-bar and ice cream included!
DINE: All around (lobster excluded)
The truly indulgent package! Have breakfast, lunch and dinner in any outlet of your choice or in your room. Immerse yourself in our stunning events—Fisherman’s Market, Dine IN! the Kitchen and the Maldivian Beach BBQ.

ENJOY: Non-Motorized Sports
All non-motorized water sports and recreation activities included: kayak, catamaran, SUP boards, surf board and windsurfing

RELAX: Como Shambhala Massage
Indulge in a 60 minute nurturing massage (per person per stay) using our signature blended massage oil to calm the mind and rejuvenate your body at our Spa.
US$227.00 nett per Adult
US$113.50 nett per Child

*** Rates above subject to 8% GST Tax and 10% Service Charge. Above rates quoted per meal per person.
*** Applicable for full length of stay with minimum of 3 nights. All guests in a room must be on the same package.
*** Kids under 12 years eat free, and above 12 years are charged at an adult meal rate. Conditions apply.
*** Kids eat free is available at Kandooma Cafe only."

The above information is correct as of Jan 21, 2013. Please note that the resort may change the prices stated above at any time without prior notice.

The Stay Indulgent package price of $227 is for one adult per day.

Hope the above helps.
I know I am OT, but the above price are just out of this world. Stay spirited, in my case drink Diet Coke for $ 69.00 a day, boat transfer for two at $ 530.00, that's more than 2 air tickets from the mainland to Hawaii, full board for $ 117.00 p.p. ( excluding lobsters ). Come on, get real. I have decided that the Maldives are not the place for me. And didn't someone say there is n real beach either?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I know I am OT, but the above price are just out of this world. Stay spirited, in my case drink Diet Coke for $ 69.00 a day, boat transfer for two at $ 530.00, that's more than 2 air tickets from the mainland to Hawaii, full board for $ 117.00 p.p. ( excluding lobsters ). Come on, get real. I have decided that the Maldives are not the place for me. And didn't someone say there is n real beach either?
Indeed, if you can't stomach those prices, the Maldives are not for you. And Kandooma is actually quite reasonable, given the alternatives....
Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
And Kandooma is actually quite reasonable, given the alternatives....
Very reasonable!!!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
I would recommend the Dominican Republic as an affordable alternative......
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
I would recommend the Dominican Republic as an affordable alternative......
Can you recommend some resorts which would offer similar experience? I have actually wanted to go there.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Can you recommend some resorts which would offer similar experience? I have actually wanted to go there.
Sadly(or not) No, I'm afraid. My remark was firmly with tongue in cheek! My own preference in the Caribbean is a more homely affair in Granada or Tobago with a spot of dining out in St Lawrence Gap, Barbados en route.

We did incidentally greatly enjoy the HI Kandooma last year, you just have to know it's character in advance so as not to have the wrong expectations.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Sadly(or not) No, I'm afraid. My remark was firmly with tongue in cheek! My own preference in the Caribbean is a more homely affair in Granada or Tobago with a spot of dining out in St Lawrence Gap, Barbados en route.

We did incidentally greatly enjoy the HI Kandooma last year, you just have to know it's character in advance so as not to have the wrong expectations.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 7:45 pm

I wouldn't go back if it was free

I posted in this thread when we got back that we made a huge mistake by staying at this property. I attached the link to our review of the resort. If you don't have time to read it, learn from me and don't budget travel to the Maldives.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Corridor!
don't budget travel to the Maldives.
IMHO this should have been very clear before you even went there and has been covered here on FT many times.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I posted in this thread when we got back that we made a huge mistake by staying at this property. I attached the link to our review of the resort. If you don't have time to read it, learn from me and don't budget travel to the Maldives.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT
We stayed there at Christmas 2011 as a couple for a week and also paid 5000 points and $60, absolutely incredible value. We were upgraded to a beach house and had a fab time. Yes, its a mid scale resort but anybody with a modicum of common sense should manage their expectations. Yes there are children, its Christmas,get over it, we don't have them either, by choice by the way.

I really think that some people seem get in a mindset where they find fault with every trifling thing and ruin their holiday as a result. Yes complain when necessary, but remember your in a tropical location not at home and always read the reviews to ensure that your expectations are in line with reality, whilst factoring in the price you paid.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holtju2
IMHO this should have been very clear before you even went there and has been covered here on FT many times.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.