Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime P, IC RA, Hyatt D
Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen

I searched and searched again, but couldn't find a thread for this property, or a thread for all IC properties in Shenzhen(Just an IC Shenzhen thread). Forgive me if this is a duplicate thread.

I have a reservation at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suite Landmark Shenzhen next week. Used to stay at the other Crowne Plaza(the relatively old Crowne Plaza Shenzhen at Overseas Chinese Town) and was always treated really well. Nowadays, I stay at JW, Sheraton or the new Grand Hyatt in Shenzhen, and have never tried at this property before. The reviews at TripAdvisor are great. But again, TripAdvisor is not FlyerTalk. Wonder how they treat RA. What kind of upgrade will RAs get? Will RAs get access to lounge?

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
I can't help you very much. Never stayed there. However, I booked a room, which was upgraded in advance - immediately after reservation - which surprised me a bit at a CP. However, I had to cancel the entire stay.

Edit: This "event" dates back to late 2008....

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Mar 23, 2010 at 11:02 am
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:50 am

Programs: PCRA, BAEC Silver
Standard and superior rooms are very small in size. Studio is significantly larger. But the hotel is quite unlikely to provide upgrade for Plantium, but there are limited choices in Shenzhen. If you dont mind the holiday inn express is quite good!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by TravellerOnline
I searched and searched again, but couldn't find a thread for this property, or a thread for all IC properties in Shenzhen(Just an IC Shenzhen thread). Forgive me if this is a duplicate thread.

I have a reservation at Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suite Landmark Shenzhen next week. Used to stay at the other Crowne Plaza(the relatively old Crowne Plaza Shenzhen at Overseas Chinese Town) and was always treated really well. Nowadays, I stay at JW, Sheraton or the new Grand Hyatt in Shenzhen, and have never tried at this property before. The reviews at TripAdvisor are great. But again, TripAdvisor is not FlyerTalk. Wonder how they treat RA. What kind of upgrade will RAs get? Will RAs get access to lounge?

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks.
Never stayed at this hotel, but stay very frequently at the Crowne Plaza in Overseas Chinese Town. They always give me a suite upgrade and club access as platinum.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:35 am

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
My family members stayed there few times (one happened just two days ago), although only a Platinum member, they always been upgraded to higher floor and invited to club lounge for breakfast (free) - even on pointbreak.

So I guess it's not a bad place to spend a night.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
I just returned from this hotel. In fact, before I came into this forum, I was writing my feedback to IHG Customer Service about my experience and that I was very disappointed.

They do not upgrade Platinum member. After complaining, they finally said they will upgrade me. They gave me a room (club floor room) which is very very small. Moreover, the closet's door cannot open fully. It is blocked by the bed. And you cannot move the bed otherwise it will block the entrance to the bathroom. There is only one chair at the desk, no other chair to sit if you have another person or a guest. The towels are old.

I called up the duty manager and gave my feedback this room should not even be used! Terrible.

As suggested by 0123571113, the HI Express is much better and cheaper! I have stayed there many times before. Althought it is small but it is good enough. The best part is it is still "new". The Crown Plaza Landmark Shenzhen is a very old hotel although they said it was recently renovated.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
I enjoyed my stay there. On one PointBreaks stay I paid ugrade to Club and then further upgraded to Studio suite. Staff are very nice and accomodating. It is one average business hotel mainly attract domestic and Taiwanese travellers (as I observed). But like many other chinese premier hotel, the staff try their best to please you. The building is old and there is nothing they can do. Rooms are recently renovated before they took up Crowne Plaza management. Someone may not entirely like the decor and consider it old fashioned. But i found the value reasonably great as one Crowne Plaza. Will not go back to Holiday Inn Express again due to its location within residential community. For business stay Crowne Plaza Landmark is in much better class. But less prestige than the Crowne Plaza Shenzhen.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:26 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Good thread. I stayed at the HIE Shenzhen once when it just opened. The staff was clueless about PC benefit and was in fact even more clueless about taxi and car service early in the morning (had a 6am'ish flight to catch at HKG). What made it for it is the fact this hotel was brand spanking new, so it was very clean and modern. My company's Shenzhen office is near a subway station, so I tend to take the subway because it was cheap and kind of fun for us Americans that drive to everywhere The hotel is a solid 10+ minute walk from the nearest station and in the typical Shenzhen weather, it was very warm and humid, not good for walking to the station if you are not wearing the Asian type of thin breazy clothing.

I booked CP Shenzhen Landmark this time but this article scares me a bit. The only reason for CP Landmark is upgrade and club floor access. Otherwise, i rather go for the HIE.

One interesting thing about the hotel is they dont have individually wrapped toiletry items. They have large bottle bolted to the shower wall. A little unsanitized for my taste.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by wlau
[...]

One interesting thing about the hotel is they dont have individually wrapped toiletry items. They have large bottle bolted to the shower wall. A little unsanitized for my taste.
Standard in Europe, UK, Asia. Isn't it in the US?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 6:04 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
avoid this hotel

I had stayed this hotel several times until January this year and will never stay there again.
The hotel will not provide upgrade to Plat/RA due to "landlord's instruction".
Hotel even downgrade my room once at check in until I demand for a room change.
Management team cannot do anything about room/service complain, the only thing they can do is either "this is the way we do" or "this is what we been told to do" without any appology.

My company has since stop booking guest to this hotel.
HI-express is not far away and I think they have good value and location.
The only other CP in town is CP Shenzhen (Vinece Overseas Chinese town) at west side of the town, the hotel has excellent facility (but a bit old). I think nearby IC is much better choice for just a few hundred CNY extra.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:44 pm

Well they upgraded me the week before last. I thought it was quite a nice hotel and a better location than the IC I usually stay in. The main drawbacks I found were that the Club nibbles in the eveninh were pretty poor and the friendly ladies outside.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Any recent reviews or feedback on this hotel? I've got two stays, and the rate difference between the CP and HI Express Luohu is 100 RMB for the first stay, but 400 RMB on the second stay. Debating whether it's worth the larger premium on the second stay or not...

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Any recent reviews or feedback on this hotel? I've got two stays, and the rate difference between the CP and HI Express Luohu is 100 RMB for the first stay, but 400 RMB on the second stay. Debating whether it's worth the larger premium on the second stay or not...

Thanks in advance!
If you are Spire you get guaranteed Club access which includes breakfast and happy hour. Well worth the money.

And the room size wise CP is much larger than HIX (almost double the size). HIX in China is more or less of a business hotel for Chinese businessmen now. CP still bears a certain degree of prestige. In general you have better trained staff in CP with good English skills. The difference between CP and HIX is huge in China and Asia whereas in UK the difference is not as much as that.

I would go for CP for both night. It is only average Y250 (£30) per night difference. You will be much happier in CP.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
I switched my stays to CP Landmark from IC Shenzhen and think they take care of RAs quite well

it is old style decor but far better location than IC Shenzhen and near the crossing to HK, shops, restaurants

my experience is recent and positive, I am in Shenzhen 6 or 7 times a year
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
FWIW - you will be fine generally as soon as you don't look like Chinese.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.