Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion on IHG Properties in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: IHG
I've stayed in the HIE San Giovanni a few times and have to say whilst the rooms are 1st generation Holiday Inn Express they are exceptionally well maintained and the equipment seems to be refreshed and renewed the beds were recently replaced and are ultra comfortable.

It's different to most European HIE's, obviously below depends on availability and occupancy:
Spire - Executive Upgrade (Mini Fridge, Espresso Machine, robe, parking, large balcony)
Platinum - Executive Upgrade (Mini Fridge, Espresso Machine, robe, large balcony)
Gold - Standard Room with balcony
Everyone else - Standard Room without balcony.

The breakfast here is great, the hotel told me they have the biggest breakfast of any HIE in Europe and approx 100 different items and this is honestly true there is something for everyone, vastly more than the brand standards. They also serve meals in the evening and you can eat out in the beautiful courtyard when the weather is good.

The common areas were recently renewed and made more modern and all rooms now have a free mobile phone with inclusive data, minutes and Rome guide apps pre-loaded. There's also a beautiful courtyard that many of the rooms overlook, that you can eat out on in the good months and the staff are great!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:30 am

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo earlier in May and it was a great hotel, amazing location, nice rooftop terrace bar/area.
pa3lsvt and Tilly71 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite,Star Alliance
Originally Posted by AaronD23
Stayed at the HIX East. Property is one of the better HIX hotels I've stayed at. It looks quite modern, breakfast is more than your average HIX and staff was really friendly. There are no options for dining around the hotel, but you can order fresh pizza (tasted good!). Downside is the connection to the city center: it takes at least 30 minutes by bus and metro or around the same time by train and metro (transferring at Tiburtina train station).

The HI Aurelia is the only IHG hotel in Rome I haven't stayed at.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'd be happy to help.
I recently stayed at the HI Aurelia....I am afraid it is a very tired hotel that needs a large amount of euros spending on it to bring it up to a decent level....staff were good thougg
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Markx
I recently stayed at the HI Aurelia....I am afraid it is a very tired hotel that needs a large amount of euros spending on it to bring it up to a decent level....staff were good thougg
I last stayed there a few months ago. My room was unspectacular but still served its purpose; it faced "inwards" towards the main entrance. The staff there is very nice. The one big plus for this hotel is that they have pretty reasonable rates for a Rome hotel. My rate was something like 60 Euros per night (and that was after the city tax). And using the commuter train to get to Rome Termini station only takes about 20-25 minutes and costs only 1 Euro.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Just back from four days at the Crowne Plaza St. Peter's. Nice property and staff. We took the bus to the Metro each day to do the tourist thing. I'd definitely stay here again.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Originally Posted by Michael El
Just back from four days at the Crowne Plaza St. Peter's. Nice property and staff. We took the bus to the Metro each day to do the tourist thing. I'd definitely stay here again.
I really enjoy their restaurant too. Possibly some of the best coffee I've had in Europe, and their carbonara is great too.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Has the HI Express Rome San Giovanni closed?

It was available to book a few weeks ago for a planned upcoming stay, but today, when I checked the IHG website to actually make the booking, it is not available. Furthermore, no available dates are revealed when browsing through the calendar.

I had almost booked a stay here for later this year just before Christmas, and now wonder what is going on; is this a glitch? Or has it left the IHG family and is still operating under some other brand now? (though I can't find availability here on a few other third party booking sites)
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.