Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game

Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
and after call to HHonors:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your call to Hilton Reservations and Customer Care requesting a Fast Track to Gold.

I have added the offer to your account that will upgrade you to Gold VIP status with the completion of 2 separate stays or 10 nights within the next 90 days.

We appreciate this opportunity to assist you and thank you for your continued loyalty! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the HHonors Service Center nearest you

Thanx HHonors, all my business friend get it now^ so 20 person * 200 Euro per night= 4000euro for Hilton for the first time

Last edited by ariell; Feb 12, 2010 at 11:22 am
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by SharonLPK
Just had my stay from last weekend post... but clearly missing is the 5000 pt weekend stay bonus, for which I received an email and promptly enrolled for back in January.

Has anyone had this bonus post yet? Based on past experiences, is it possible to post separately at a later date?

Thanks in advance!
I've heard that it takes up to 6 weeks after your weekend stay for this bonus to post. Apparently it posts separately from your normal stay points.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by awpeters
As of this morning, my account has been locked again. No explanation. Again, only 1500 pts off surveys yesterday.
Update: I called the Ambassador Service Desk again and my account has been subject to a "Random Audit" for additional points posting. I was told this could take up to a week.

I have just canceled at least 1 IC stay in the next week, as I cannot worry about this.

To note, that is definitively $200+ lost revenue to IHG over a measly 1500 pts.

Ironically, I would've gained 2000 pts from the IC stay.

To any IHG lurkers, I cannot wait for my account to unlock for my upcoming stays. If you would like to avoid lost IC night revenue due to peanuts, these accounts need to be reopened quickly, with or without the survey points, or I will be moving my business elsewhere.
Update: See Above
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
Update: I called the Ambassador Service Desk again and my account has been subject to a "Random Audit" for additional points posting. I was told this could take up to a week.

I have just canceled at least 1 IC stay in the next week, as I cannot worry about this.

To note, that is definitively $200+ lost revenue to IHG over a measly 1500 pts.

Ironically, I would've gained 2000 pts from the IC stay.

Update: See Above

^
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by SharonLPK
Just had my stay from last weekend post... but clearly missing is the 5000 pt weekend stay bonus, for which I received an email and promptly enrolled for back in January.
If you were targeted, than there is really no reason why NOT contact CS.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
If you were targeted, than there is really no reason why NOT contact CS.
Except for the fact that the weekend bonus will post as a separate line item in a sweep AFTER the stay posts. So, really, the best thing to do is wait.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:45 pm

Programs: IC RA
unbelievable development, just checked an individual point stay for April and it has been cancelled, rang PC and got nowhere they just kept repeating 'Account frozen because of random audit', when I asked why reward stay cancelled today they could not answer me said it was part of the audit which is absolute nonsense.
They have not even e mailed me cancellation notification, what a disgrace.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
They are not done yet

My account was frozen last night but my wife's was untouched.Sometime this afternoon hers was frozen also.

So far all reservations are still showing,including reward stays.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: IHG
I think it's funny how people think they should be able to abuse a system and not get penalised, or not have it questioned. IHG will have gained more business from ex-Hilton customers than vice-versa, because of your petty tantrums over a few hundred points.... get a grip. why not just be happy with your 100 points for doing (virtually) nothing. It's people like you that spoil it for everyone else, with your "press this button, press the third button, then the first again" nonsense. Go and cry somewhere else, thinking you're all so clever...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by turner32
I think it's funny how people think they should be able to abuse a system and not get penalised, or not have it questioned. IHG will have gained more business from ex-Hilton customers than vice-versa, because of your petty tantrums over a few hundred points.... get a grip. why not just be happy with your 100 points for doing (virtually) nothing. It's people like you that spoil it for everyone else, with your "press this button, press the third button, then the first again" nonsense. Go and cry somewhere else, thinking you're all so clever...

You are already as guilty for one untargeted survey or ten. Don't deny why you are on FT to begin with so get off your high horse. If you were that pure you'd sit home and wait for targeted offers, and wait, and wait. I never did one as I took Raffles advise and waited until the smoke clears on these viral offers so there.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:42 pm

Well IHG has made a big deal about them being voted
"Best Rewards Program In the World" year after year.
The reason is of course all the promotions.
Now think about it, how many times have their IT guys screwed up things?
the multipartner offer being the latest one.
Instead of giving the boot to their 3rd rate IT staff they blame this
error on their most loyal customers, who just happened to find a loophole
to get a handful more points than they were supposed to.

I really do agree that HH could exploit this situation...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by tigerwouldnt2009
You are already as guilty for one untargeted survey or ten. Don't deny why you are on FT to begin with so get off your high horse. If you were that pure you'd sit home and wait for targeted offers, and wait, and wait. I never did one as I took Raffles advise and waited until the smoke clears on these viral offers so there.

Oh dear, well i do think applying for the same promotion over 30 times (in some cases) is pushing it a bit. Why not just be glad of the 100 points in the first place. Nobody's impressed by you getting your account de-activated. Sure, i take advantage of offers (which they expect you to do), but i don't abuse the system. Why bite the hand that feeds?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:45 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Oh dear, well i do think applying for the same promotion over 30 times (in some cases) is pushing it a bit. Why not just be glad of the 100 points in the first place. Nobody's impressed by you getting your account de-activated. Sure, i take advantage of offers (which they expect you to do), but i don't abuse the system. Why bite the hand that feeds?
+1 , why bite the hand, when its likely to put or erigid controls on all promos in the future ?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tigerwouldnt2009
The issue with this 100 point quiz was that there was a major IT/system error that placed seemingly no caps on the number of times the points could be awarded. We have at least one person admitting to racking up 10,000+ points from these 100 point postings. I would imagine there are those who did even more (even if they aren't posting here). I wouldn't be surprised if PCR was caught off guard by the error and now need time to assess what went wrong. I don't think deactivating accounts is necessarily the best way to do so, but it makes sense for them to take a look at what is going on. For all we know, there are a number of folks who gained tens or hundreds of thousands of points across one or multiple accounts via this 100 point quiz; PCR naturally wants to make sure that those individuals can't make redemptions with those points, so deactivating may make sense. We also don't know how much of the analysis process can be automated and how much requires manual intervention. It may be hard to identify the true problem accounts through a quick automated process, so maybe they had to make a bigger sweep before reviewing on a more detailed level.

I do think it would be bizarre for PCR to take drastic negative action against those who just completed a quiz in each language. However, it may take them a little time to coordinate with all of the necessary departments at IHG to fix the IT bug, adjust the excess point postings off the accounts, and make sure that there aren't people running multiple accounts per person.

Deactivating accounts--even if temporary--is disruptive to guests if it means that bookings can't be easily made or viewed. However, many people reported being able to get their accounts reactivated with a phone call (at least one noted that the account was deactivated again, though).

The source of all of this, though, is an IT error on IHG's side. Hopefully they will learn from that.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Well IHC has made a big deal about them being voted
"Best Rewards Program In the World" year after year.
The reason is of course all the promotions.
Now think about it, how many times have their IT guys screwed up things?
the multipartner offer being the latest one.
Instead of giving the boot to their 3rd rate IT staff they blame this
error on their most loyal customers, who just happened to find a loophole
to get a handful more points than they were supposed to.

I really do agree that HH could exploit this situation...
the problem is, some people got 50K or 100K with this loophole, they need to find those people out, but their IT are not sophisticated enough to separate people who got 1K or 100K out of this loophole, so just block them all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.