Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game

Old Feb 11, 2010, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I feel dirty... but in a good way..
Old Feb 11, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I feel dirty... but in a good way..
You may feel a lot worse if they decide to audit your account and close it down
Old Feb 11, 2010, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by BA1A
Oh, I did not go OTT with this, just a couple of each...
Old Feb 11, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
On the 100pt survey concerns....Considering a PCR account holder "might" get 1-2 targeted promotions per quarter.....to any IHG lurker or PCR auditor we are all convicted a long time ago. Just look at the long list of promo's current and expired sitting in your Offer Status history that you were never targeted for and try to keep a straight face....but IHG is buying our loyalty so yes someday you might have a problem but so will IHG if you stopped using IHG if your account was closed or tampered with. My use of IHG for the last 10+ years is "because" of the PCR program so w/o it ...its just another hotel to drive past.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by BA1A
Anyone have knowledge of a real case like this, where an account was shut down?

Just curious.

My company paid for 50 some nights last year with mostly HIXs at my request, and if the Priority Club folks futzed with my account over a few thousand points here or there, I'd be PO'd enough to just change to another program...lost revenue is not something I think they want right now.

In fact, with the aggressive stance they've taken in going after the Hhonors refugees, they are seeking MORE revenue.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I have had 1 PC account definitely closed down (but I managed to get the points back) and there is a 2nd account that seems to have been closed but I haven't called them yet (minimal balance). In both case they seem to have picked up on duplicate accounts despite different addresses.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brandinius
My company paid for 50 some nights last year with mostly HIXs at my request, and if the Priority Club folks futzed with my account over a few thousand points here or there, I'd be PO'd enough to just change to another program...lost revenue is not something I think they want right now.
PCR isn't likely to get worked up over earning 1,000 points or so from this promo. I think the worst they would do is remove the duplicate postings. If someone created a script to rack up mega points, that could result in a different response (if noticed I'm pretty sure that it minimally would result in an account adjustment; I can't imagine PCR letting people keep 50K, 100K, 500K, or 1MM points from this 100 point quiz). For all I know, though, there is a cap on the number of times the promo will post, even though it likely should be 1, which it clearly isn't.

As Raffles notes, PCR does close duplicate accounts. Even then, though, they haven't been aggressive with adverse action. I do think duplicate accounts cross the line, and I stick to one account per person.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Oh, I did not go OTT with this, just a couple of each...
you're not aiming to become the first PC points billionaire
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,Platinum Ambassador, BA Gold, Qatar Platinum, Hertz 5 Star

Just curious.
I used the various links yesterday and posted about 1500 points and then decided to stop. I was logged into my account today and they all showed up on my statement and point were all credited.

I then tried to log on to my account just now and it no longer exists. I have tried various PC's and both my number and email address to log in and it says neither is recongised by the system.

I have been platinum for 4 years with approx 20 nights per year, my account had 230,000 point lying in it any ideas?

Last edited by FLYGVA; Feb 11, 2010 at 11:47 pm Reason: quote was broken due to missing /
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by blacknight

Just curious.
I used the various links yesterday and posted about 1500 points and then decided to stop. I was logged into my account today and they all showed up on my statement and point were all credited.

I then tried to log on to my account just now and it no longer exists. I have tried various PC's and both my number and email address to log in and it says neither is recongised by the system.

I have been platinum for 4 years with approx 20 nights per year, my account had 230,000 point lying in it any ideas?

Well I know of 5 accts who did that run last night and 2 won't recognize acct/password but other 3 no problems with same activity....rest unaffected so probably no issues as that happens occassionally for no reason and then works fine. Just wait a while ...could be system related. Make sure your cookies are set right if you're logging in on some elses computer as you'll get the same response.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Feb 11, 2010 at 11:49 pm Reason: quote was broken due to missing [/quote] and mixing with [size]
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: Miles and More
But when I try to submit this quiz again - I get error message. So they have noticed something.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:57 pm

Just curious.
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Well I know of 5 accts who did that run last night and 2 won't recognize acct/password but other 3 no problems with same activity....rest unaffected so probably no issues as that happens occassionally for no reason and then works fine. Just wait a while ...could be system related. Make sure your cookies are set right if you're logging in on some elses computer as you'll get the same response.
same problem here, moreover out of curiosity I tried the quiz pages and neither of them work any longer - you get this message if you try QUIZ_ERROR_XML

Last edited by FLYGVA; Feb 11, 2010 at 11:54 pm Reason: quote was broken due to incorrect quote in #346
Old Feb 11, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I'm so glad I took the quiz only once ! Back in Oct. to boot, so my account is fine.
If U call PC to inquire/ complain & they say your account was shut down for fraud, just say that UR a student of languages or linguistics & wanted to read the quiz in several languages!

Last edited by Brendan; Feb 15, 2010 at 10:07 am
Old Feb 11, 2010, 4:19 pm

Just say is was poor advise from Priority Club Connect.....or wait a while for your acct to heal.

PS. If you were not targeted originally...once is no different than 1+ entries
Old Feb 11, 2010, 4:31 pm

Just curious.
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Also having problems. I did this for about 1500 pts yesterday and then stopped. Can't log-in right now.

I imagine this is just temporary. I can't see them closing an RA account over 1500 bonus pts.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Feb 11, 2010 at 11:56 pm Reason: quote was broken due to incorrect quote in #346

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.