Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:46 am

Programs: BA, VS
I claimed 2600 points on one account yesterday. Unable to access today. The Service Centre stated that my account was not deactivated but was frozen as part of a random audit, which should be completed within a couple of days and that my account would be available again after that. They were unable to 'unfreeze', despite my protestations.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:51 am

Programs: GPP G, PC PlAmb, BAEC S, FB G, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Valueseeker
I claimed 2600 points on one account yesterday. Unable to access today. The Service Centre stated that my account was not deactivated but was frozen as part of a random audit, which should be completed within a couple of days and that my account would be available again after that. They were unable to 'unfreeze', despite my protestations.
Called PC and Amb today.
Sounds familiar to me - had 1000 claimed...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Valueseeker
That's interesting and the first report we have heard of this, so maybe word is getting round the Service Centre, especially now they are receiving a few calls.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:52 am

My account got the same situation.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 2:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by chengjq
My account got the same situation.
This is what I think has happened. NB: there are now reports of the Service Centre being unwilling to unfreeze accounts until an audit/investigation has been completed.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13376190-post378.html

Last edited by BA1A; Feb 12, 2010 at 3:04 am
Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,Platinum Ambassador, BA Gold, Qatar Platinum, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by BA1A
That's interesting and the first report we have heard of this, so maybe word is getting round the Service Centre, especially now they are receiving a few calls.
I finally decided to bite the bullet and call the UK service centre. They confirmed my account had been frozen as part of an audit and they could not re-activate it.

He went on to apologise for the interuption to service and assured me my account would be re-activated later in the day or tomorrow,

I will have to wait and see.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver
i was told that "random audit" will take them ONE WEEK
Even having escalated to the manager got me no further...

Last edited by bumburuck; Feb 12, 2010 at 3:18 am
Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:37 am

Programs: PC Plat Am, Accor GOLD, Hilton Gold
same here. polite requests and threats to bring my business else where yielded no success. guess we just have to wait ..
Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:40 am

Programs: PC Plat Am, Accor GOLD, Hilton Gold
ya, no success in unlocking my account even with a 10 day stay coming up next week ..
Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver
My assumption is that they will hold accounts locked until the quiz loophole is closed...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Oh well... if needs be... bit the bullet and start again...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:54 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Wonder if any RA s are suffering this 'random audit'.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by docklander
Wonder if any RA s are suffering this 'random audit'.
Yes awpeters, who was one of the first to report on here about their account not working, shows as being an RA but they got their account reinstated.

As I said previously, I suspect the first callers got lucky and word has now got around the Service Centre not to unfreeze any more accounts until the audits have been concluded.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:08 am

Programs: IC RA
Had my account frozen last night, spoke to PC who unlocked it and it has now been frozen again, spoke to PC (this time UK based) who said it was a random audit and it should be ok in a day or two.

by the way I did claim 1000 points
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:29 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by torcross
Had my account frozen last night, spoke to PC who unlocked it and it has now been frozen again, spoke to PC (this time UK based) who said it was a random audit and it should be ok in a day or two.
I am also one of the victims, and I can't help but to think the service centre staff are instructed to suger-coat their words.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.