FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1051182-priorityclub-locking-accounts-after-quiz-game.html)

Hannibal Lecter Feb 11, 2010 4:35 pm

I asked around, 3 other guys that I know have the same problem all got around 1-2k

soitgoes Feb 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by awpeters (Post 13373711)
Also having problems. I did this for about 1500 pts yesterday and then stopped. Can't log-in right now.

I imagine this is just temporary. I can't see them closing an RA account over 1500 bonus pts.

They probably want some time to remove the duplicate 100 point postings. Those were in essence an IT error.

Surgee Feb 11, 2010 4:50 pm

According to the Ambassador service desk, my account was indeed deactivated. They could not provide me with a reason or resolution at this point and said they would call me back.

If they cancel an RA account over 1500 points, with at least 8 IC reservations currently booked, a storm is going to ensue.

pmaddock Feb 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by brandinius (Post 13371642)
Anyone have knowledge of a real case like this, where an account was shut down?

Just curious.

Originally Posted by Points Surfer (Post 13373374)
Well I know of 5 accts who did that run last night and 2 won't recognize acct/password but other 3 no problems with same activity....rest unaffected so probably no issues as that happens occassionally for no reason and then works fine. Just wait a while ...could be system related. Make sure your cookies are set right if you're logging in on some elses computer as you'll get the same response.

Interesting - I have had no trouble getting into my account and the multiple 100 pt entries are there. However, I didn't attempt to exploit this to any max so maybe there is a threshold involved.

pmaddock Feb 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 13369108)
Suddenly this promo turned up under "My Offers" - so far so good.

Confusingly it also says

No Current Activity for this Offer

and at the same time

You need 1 Stay for the next award.

Most confusing of all is that I had stayed in 2 hotels 5,5 weeks ago (so technically I'm still within the "4-6 weeks" period) and those stays posted normally.

Has anyone received the 10k points for this promo yet?

I've had the same thing - the promo shows up in my offer summary with the effective date starting at 1/1 but it shows no activity even though I've already stayed at 3 different properties. I'm wondering if maybe my stays have finished off some promos and now this one is 'exposed' or something like that.

Points Surfer Feb 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Mixed bag.....of 5 accounts that all did 1000pts only 2 cannot login so not a blanket lockout....other 3 have no problems what so ever with multiple logon's. Suspect will resolve after the PCR system updates.

Surgee Feb 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by awpeters (Post 13373820)
According to the Ambassador service desk, my account was indeed deactivated. They could not provide me with a reason or resolution at this point and said they would call me back.

If they cancel an RA account over 1500 points, with at least 8 IC reservations currently booked, a storm is going to ensue.

Ambassador Service Desk called me back promptly, account reinstated.

All 1500 bonus points still there, however, I will not be screwing around with this promotion any more--be thankful for what you can get!

Hannibal Lecter Feb 11, 2010 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by awpeters (Post 13373820)

I do also have some reservations, I can access them with confirmation# and name, but the PC# is gone from the reservation. It does say:
Priority Club Number: add prioricy club number

some of them were reward nights, wonder what would happen if I would
cancel those, where would the points go? could I create a new account, cancel and they go there - sigh!

docklander Feb 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Ditto...got my account deactivated too.Called up Amb services and got reactivated also.Probably fortunate i hesitated around the 1100 point mark.The mysterious 'system error' has been reported to head office apparently:)

customlowz Feb 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by docklander (Post 13374154)
Ditto...got my account deactivated too.Called up Amb services and got reactivated also.Probably fortunate i hesitated around the 1100 point mark.The mysterious 'system error' has been reported to head office apparently:)

I just found out that My account was deactivated too... I called up to find out why, and I was informed that I had a second account opened that had one stay one it. They ended up transferring the points from the error account, and re-activated my account for me. They didn't ask/say anything about the bonus points from the survey or anything else.

tigerwouldnt2009 Feb 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by docklander (Post 13374154)

IHG must have gotten wind from our knowledgable IHG Lurker who posts frequently ;)

Points Surfer Feb 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Points Surfer (Post 13373933)
Mixed bag.....of 5 accounts that all did 1000pts only 2 cannot login so not a blanket lockout....other 3 have no problems what so ever with multiple logon's. Suspect will resolve after the PCR system updates.

1 of the 2 problem accts just started working and they didn't have to call so give it some time it appears.... so don't jump out of any windows yet lol

freeflyin Feb 11, 2010 6:35 pm

My account was deactivated,but my wife's was not touched thus far and both did a survey once in each language posted.

I emailed PC customer service instead of calling.I'll report back if I receive a reply.

brandinius Feb 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin (Post 13374338)
My account was deactivated,but my wife's was not touched thus far and both did a survey once in each language posted.

I emailed PC customer service instead of calling.I'll report back if I receive a reply.

Interesting. Mine was inaccessible as well this evening. I only banged it for 1200 "bonus" points yesterday.

PC Customer Service just reinstated it when I called, no questions asked except to verify my identity.

Looks like it takes an actual contact with them to get it running again.

Twickenham Feb 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Popped in 2-3 survey answers per language, and my account's MIA. Did 1 survey in each language on Dad's account, and his is untouched.

Have also emailed. Encouraged that most seem to be getting their accounts back, so I don't think I'll have to throw myself at the mercy of my contact at head honcho's office (I had my mea culpa speech all prepared and everything...)