Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am surprised by the ultimate response. It's not what I would have done if I were PCR (I would have *quickly* and with as little disruption as possible just reversed all the duplicate 100 point postings).

I'm not bitter that I didn't get 5K points out of this, though.

Originally Posted by tcook052
A nice letter and a little more account scrutiny?
Who knows--maybe they put a promo block on those accounts.

I'd rather stay out of the limelight.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: Some
[QUOTE=awpeters;13427349]Maybe its indicative of how little they actually value 5000 pts. Or how much we FTers overvalue 1000 pts?

PCR being so surprisingly cavalier about the points fuels the eventual devaluation theory although soitgoes is right it would be foolish to devalue after the Luckiest Loser drive so maybe next year ? Probable we overvalue 1000 too.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by Evan!
If you seriously feel that the 5K consolation prize encourages bad behavior GET OVER IT. If a raffle allows one to "enter as many times as you like" and someone stuffs the raffle box and wins its because they tried harder. That's not bad behavior just tenacity. I think PC recognized how much we (those with multiple submissions) follow the PC program and decided NOT to throw out the baby with the bath water. After all, it was their glitch that allowed for multiple 100 pt awards.
So now it's ok to enter into someone's home just because they forgot to lock the door?

I'm sure those who wrote a script to automatically net themselves millions of points agree with you. After all the Terms and Conditions never said you can't write a script to automatically generate answers either.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by mister__big
So now it's ok to enter into someone's home just because they forgot to lock the door?

I'm sure those who wrote a script to automatically net themselves millions of points agree with you. After all the Terms and Conditions never said you can't write a script to automatically generate answers either.
of course not, but if you invite someone who is an alcoholic for a drink, don't be surprised if they help themself if you leave the bottle on the table without keeping an eye on it...
Old Feb 20, 2010, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
of course not, but if you invite someone who is an alcoholic for a drink, don't be surprised if they help themself if you leave the bottle on the table without keeping an eye on it...
Great, now you are saying FTers are drunken alocholics and not to be trusted? Don't ever "invite" them to your house (promotions), or they will rob you blind?
Old Feb 20, 2010, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cko64
Great, now you are saying FTers are drunken alocholics and not to be trusted? Don't ever "invite" them to your house (promotions), or they will rob you blind?
To a large extent - yes!
Look at coins, expedia new accounts, ICH promos, various price mistakes etc etc etc...
Old Feb 20, 2010, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by AMDB7
I'm sorry but I totally disagree.

We all participate here to maximise our points, but this sort of behaviour does EXACTLY what we don't want to do - i.e. highlight points maximisation to IHG. It's a slippery slope that we may all now slip down, thanks to the greed of a few.
Indeed - I also find it bothersome. It tells me that the 'day of reckoning' is probably coming a bit sooner than I thought. As such I'm going to have to think more in terms of immediate returns.

As such it seems to me that its time to go right back to maximimizing the promos. If this particular incident happens again - yes, we should probably go ahead and use every link and language at least once - just like I know most of us try most every promo code (or the favorite from a set for the stay x ones). My scruples will stop me from doing something completely off the scale like writing a script but next time I certainly will use all the links instead of just a handful. Why should I stop at 700 when it sounds like up to 5K was up for grabs.

As for 'getting over it' - of course. You win some, you lose some, and come back to play the game again - just a little wiser next time.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Raffles
5k seems a bit steep to me, to be honest. 1k would have been more like it - that is still 10 submissions of a quiz you were meant to do once.
And I'm going to call to complain that I did the quiz in 10 languages 50 times each and only got 1000 points!!!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: Priority club , Platinum Royal Ambassador
mine still locked, and when contacted the customer support, they said 72 hours
contacted again after 72 hours, they said 72 more hours(at least) this time

its been almost 2 weeks now since my account got locked, and i cant unfreeze it
.. any advice?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beedo

.. any advice?
Earlier you posted that you received "more than 10,000 points" from this. How much more than 10,000 points? If it's just a little bit more, then I don't see why you're being treated differently than those who were allowed to keep 5,000 points. If it's an order of magnitude more, then you may never get the desired outcome.

I can only suggest you write a letter to Priority Club and/or follow-up again later in the week.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:43 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by beedo

.. any advice?

Well if you did screw 10k out of them you'll just have to keep fingers crossed and hope it's a gladiatorial ^ rather than a .
Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:43 am

Programs: Priority club , Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Earlier you posted that you received "more than 10,000 points" from this. How much more than 10,000 points? If it's just a little bit more, then I don't see why you're being treated differently than those who were allowed to keep 5,000 points. If it's an order of magnitude more, then you may never get the desired outcome.

I can only suggest you write a letter to Priority Club and/or follow-up again later in the week.
exactly 11,700
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, BA/Iberia Avios, AAdvantage
Angry Oh dear, still out in the cold.....

Day 13....

Still 'Frozen Out' due to the "Quiz-Gate" fiasco

Have either telephoned or emailed the Amb-SC every other day. Now told that account will be restored by this "weekend". Sure, OK. Believe it when I see it.

On the plus side. Last Thursday I cancelled a 3 day weekend @ the InterCon Paris and checked into the Paris Ritz instead. TOTALLY FABULOUS. The best hotel I have ever stayed in. ^

OK, so I didn't earn any points but The Ritz really deserved the 5,700 euros I spent with them. Too bad IHG, those euros could have been yours.

Jusqu'а la vue, bébé

Last edited by TsarTsar; Feb 24, 2010 at 6:46 am Reason: spellin
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by TsarTsar
On the plus side. Last Thursday I cancelled a 3 day weekend @ the InterCon Paris and checked into the Paris Ritz instead. TOTALLY FABULOUS. The best hotel I have ever stayed in. ^
Seriously?! I have never heard a single good thing about the Paris Ritz, and for that money you should have gone to the George V which is generally viewed as the best city hotel in the world.

In any event, if you're happy to drop €5,700 for a 3-night hotel stay then why go to so much trouble to swizz a few points out of PC ?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, BA/Iberia Avios, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Raffles
Seriously?! I have never heard a single good thing about the Paris Ritz, and for that money you should have gone to the George V which is generally viewed as the best city hotel in the world.

In any event, if you're happy to drop €5,700 for a 3-night hotel stay then why go to so much trouble to swizz a few points out of PC ?
Oh boy. Here we go. Raffles has always got to have the last word...

I only stay @ the George when the boss is picking up the tab.

I "swizzed" a few hundred points like thousands of other PC members just for he sure FUN OF IT..!!

L O L

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.