FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Priorityclub is locking accounts after the QUIZ Game (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1051182-priorityclub-locking-accounts-after-quiz-game.html)

Hannibal Lecter Feb 10, 2010 2:16 pm

funny that no one has noticed this before, it has been around a long time.
Imagine if it had been the Hilton Promo, 1 000 points every time :eek:

pmaddock Feb 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by ehud (Post 13365243)
And get PLT status in a couple of hours...;)

I hope nobody tries it. Once detected I would imagine they'll run a scan an scrub out every multiple occurrence of this promo in the system or worse.

qf_1020 Feb 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Is there a possibility that doing it in every language would also be considered abusing the program? Would they be likely to close accounts for this sort of thing?

pmaddock Feb 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Flamewing (Post 13365609)
The question is: should you really do that? Can't it be "dangerous" to do so? I do not want my account to be closed...

No - I would urge you not to exploit this to any significant degree lest it create an inquiry. Would recommend taking further discussion of this issue to the discussion thread or a new thread.

alexanderrr Feb 10, 2010 3:07 pm

There is nothing in T&C of the quiz saying that it can only be completed once.
Why do you think that registering for the promos when you were not targeted and getting thousands extra bonus miles on your stay is ok, but getting a few hunderds from this promo by actually doing something, i.e answering questions they ask, is wrong?
BTW, I think we are missing the Korean version of the quiz, as the quiz is available in all languages of the IHG site, expect the Korean (but with usa and gbr versions)

mommafrica Feb 10, 2010 3:21 pm

I thank u very much WilcoRoger!

Points Surfer Feb 10, 2010 3:27 pm

[[SIZE="1"]QUOTE=Evan!;13364670]Portugal/ese: http://por-survey.priorityclub.com/

Nine have posted so far for me. :D

Here's your checklist ;) The answers always are... LAST radio button (of 4) - *********deleted*******

Terrific....Thanks for the points treat !

docklander Feb 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by alexanderrr (Post 13366172)
There is nothing in T&C of the quiz saying that it can only be completed once.
Why do you think that registering for the promos when you were not targeted and getting thousands extra bonus miles on your stay is ok, but getting a few hunderds from this promo by actually doing something, i.e answering questions they ask, is wrong?
BTW, I think we are missing the Korean version of the quiz, as the quiz is available in all languages of the IHG site, expect the Korean (but with usa and gbr versions)

I think the issue is this particular flaw is open to quick highly obvious limitless abuse.

mnredfox Feb 10, 2010 4:03 pm

All quizzes posted, thanks FT

soitgoes Feb 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by docklander (Post 13366475)
I think the issue is this particular flaw is open to quick highly obvious limitless abuse.

Precisely.

The problem is on IHG's side, but that doesn't make it not a problem.

soitgoes Feb 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by qf_1020 (Post 13366075)
Is there a possibility that doing it in every language would also be considered abusing the program? Would they be likely to close accounts for this sort of thing?

For racking up 1,000 points, not likely a problem.

For creating a script and racking up 100,000 points or more, quite possibly.

frank664 Feb 10, 2010 4:42 pm

There is only 9 websites listed for the quiz. What is the 10th one?

frank664 Feb 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Hopefully the fix that issue with the quizes giving more than 1000 points. I can't see them letting it slide because someone could get millions of points if he was bored.

I wonder what would happen if you got all of the quiz points and then booked a bunch of IC reservations for the year.

SharonLPK Feb 10, 2010 5:52 pm

I wonder if the bold phrase "This exclusive offer is valid for original recipient only" might be used in the case of abusers...

Hannibal Lecter Feb 11, 2010 1:35 am

Originally Posted by frank664 (Post 13366897)
There is only 9 websites listed for the quiz. What is the 10th one?

what difference does it make? use any of them and do it over and over.

But if PC had software which could check which promos you have received
points for, how come many of us have gotten more points for the multipartner offer than we should? Not counting Goodwill adjustments but it shouldn't be too complicated to check how many points had posted as 2009 MULTIPARTNER OFFER alreadt before handing out more.