Search

Chase 15,000 points for Checking account

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Chase 15,000 points for Checking account

All,

I'm not sure if this has been covered in Milesbuzz, but I did not find it in searching this forum. I just noticed on my PC.com homepage that Chase is offering 15,000 points for opening new business or personal checking accounts. It seems to be a virtual carbon of the Continental deal, just not as lucrative. Not sure if you can do both. See below for link.

Andyandy

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?...aChecking.html
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
thanks, the direct deposit rq usually kills these deals for me,
but the business offer may work,

its been a year since I did the chase offer with CO,
I think I will try.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
I think that some folks have successfully used ACH transfers (i.e. paypal, transfer out of online brokerage, etc) to meet the DD requirement. The milesbuzz thread on the Continental deal discusses this.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by andyandy
I think that some folks have successfully used ACH transfers (i.e. paypal, transfer out of online brokerage, etc) to meet the DD requirement. The milesbuzz thread on the Continental deal discusses this.
Oh yeah, I read all that, set up a DD with ING, and one other approach,
none of which Chase recognized for the second half of the bonus.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Oh yeah, I read all that, set up a DD with ING, and one other approach,
none of which Chase recognized for the second half of the bonus.
Same problem here for me. I did Paypal transfers and Chase didn't recognize it as well for the second half of the bonus for me. Not sure what to try this time around...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:40 am

I tried to apply online. The promo code is accepted and recognizes 15,000 PC reward. But I can not seem to find where I need to enter my PC number. Is this promotion applicable online?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:58 am

where did you apply online?
The "coupon" I see just says come into a branch....
Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: PC, WN, AA
I went to a branch today to open my account. I thought about opening online but didn't want to risk having the coupon not get applied properly.

My employer allows me to split my payroll deposit several ways, so I'm looking forward to seeing those 15K points post in a couple months.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:25 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
I opened two of these accounts in December, one Personal and one Business. I got the 15,000 points for the biz account after about 3 weeks. The personal account was opened on 12/22 and I did a payroll direct deposit on 1/29/10, so about 38 days after opening. I am paid monthly so the next payroll wouldn't be until the initial 60 days had passed, 2/26/10.

I don't see any bonus points in my account yet, do you think they wait until the 60 days are up, then review the account for DD activity then award the points?

I actually would prefer to switch my Feb. payroll DD back to my other bank acct. since that's all set up with bill-pay etc. But I should still expect the points even with only one DD during the eligibility window, right?

Original terms:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Offer valid through December 31, 2010. To qualify for the reward you must open a new Chase CheckingSM account with a $100 minimum opening deposit of new money (money not currently held by Chase or its affiliates). Also, to qualify for the 15,000 Priority Club Points you must initiate a repeating direct deposit such as payroll, Social Security or other government benefits. The first direct deposit must be completed within 60 days of account opening to earn the points. The 15,000 Priority Club Points will be deposited in your Priority Club account 6-10 weeks after the initial direct deposit has posted to the new account. Limit one personal checking account-related award/premium per customer, per calendar year. Limit one 15,000 Priority Club Points award per checking account. Offer not available on account conversions or in combination with any other offer. Account is subject to approval.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by malcolmkettering
I opened two of these accounts in December, one Personal and one Business. I got the 15,000 points for the biz account after about 3 weeks. The personal account was opened on 12/22 and I did a payroll direct deposit on 1/29/10, so about 38 days after opening. I am paid monthly so the next payroll wouldn't be until the initial 60 days had passed, 2/26/10.

I don't see any bonus points in my account yet, do you think they wait until the 60 days are up, then review the account for DD activity then award the points?

I actually would prefer to switch my Feb. payroll DD back to my other bank acct. since that's all set up with bill-pay etc. But I should still expect the points even with only one DD during the eligibility window, right?

Original terms:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Offer valid through December 31, 2010. To qualify for the reward you must open a new Chase CheckingSM account with a $100 minimum opening deposit of new money (money not currently held by Chase or its affiliates). Also, to qualify for the 15,000 Priority Club Points you must initiate a repeating direct deposit such as payroll, Social Security or other government benefits. The first direct deposit must be completed within 60 days of account opening to earn the points. The 15,000 Priority Club Points will be deposited in your Priority Club account 6-10 weeks after the initial direct deposit has posted to the new account. Limit one personal checking account-related award/premium per customer, per calendar year. Limit one 15,000 Priority Club Points award per checking account. Offer not available on account conversions or in combination with any other offer. Account is subject to approval.
Well I think you're right on the theory but the execution may be off a bit. Its rather likely that this is driven by some sort of occasionally run scan and maybe even a manual step or random audit. If you really want the points you probably need to keep the DD going until the points post - calling in after the T&C period is over. If it does come to a manual intervention you probably want those DD's on there. In the meantime you can move the money to your other account - most banks have some sort of ACH process that will get it done without even writing a check or going to a branch.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by argeeleh
I tried to apply online. The promo code is accepted and recognizes 15,000 PC reward. But I can not seem to find where I need to enter my PC number. Is this promotion applicable online?
I had this same problem. They ended up assigning me a new priority club member number. After 60 days I had to fax all kinds of stuff to PC to sort it all out, but it eventually did.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 8:12 am

I'd already done the Chase / CO deal a couple of years ago and closed the a/c last September (after getting all my miles). I opened a new personal a/c with Chase (in branch) on Dec 31 last year using the PC offer. I'm only doing a $10 ING direct deposit each month (that's all I did for the CO offer) so I'll post if I get my PC points.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
where did you apply online?
The "coupon" I see just says come into a branch....
The website provides two choices in the "PRINT MY COUPON" page.

1. Print this page and bring to your local Chase branch by March 31, 2010.
2. Open a qualifying Chase Checking account by March 31, 2010 and set up direct deposit.

The "Chase Checking" is a link to open online. It askes for a coupn code and accepts it. But like cardigans1 said, it assigns you a new PC number. I am wondering if it worth the trouble that cardigans1 went thru or not.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: Intercontinental, Delta, American, United, US Air
i suggest just taking it into a branch. i did, everything went smoothly, got my points with 6 weeks of direct deposit, which was about 45 days after opening account. the account is okay to keep since i signed up for their united mileage debit card, and the account has no fees, only an annual for the debit card. plus they have branches everywhere. I pay some bills through there to get my miles, and others through BofA for US air miles. 15k points with no monthly minimum and only initial $100 deposit plus one direct deposit isn't a bad deal. you don't have to have direct deposit constantly after you get your points. however i don't know how soon you can close it. i like chase so I kept.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:15 am

Programs: United 1P
Does this incur a hard pull on your credit? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.