Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Luckiest Loser” competition. IC hotels answer to Hilton devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:58 am

Well done PC. Pulling no punches.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Rambuster
You need to upload a screenshot of your HH profile. Alternatively, you can fax it send send it in by snail mail.
I uploaded my screenshot. I took me about 5 minutes in total ... I want the 20.000 points!
Were you asked for this instantly? I assumed they would only ask for it if you were definitely a winner.

This makes it an even trickier decision, since I'd need to decide whether it is worth being left with nothing (40k HH points I can no longer use for the redemption I have booked - although I could a different redemption for that night with another chain - plus no extra PC points)!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by Raffles
Were you asked for this instantly?!
Yes, for a potential 7,000-odd award, based on my 35,000-ish HH total.

I doubt very much that I would be in the top level and was surprised to be asked for verification straght away.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Were you asked for this instantly? I assumed they would only ask for it if you were definitely a winner.

This makes it an even trickier decision, since I'd need to decide whether it is worth being left with nothing (40k HH points I can no longer use for the redemption I have booked - although I could a different redemption for that night with another chain - plus no extra PC points)!
The website is set up that after submitting your details you are sent to a new page with the upload options and instructions.
To be hoest, I wouldn't cancel an existing reservation because of this promo.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Were you asked for this instantly?
I was asked for this instantly on one of my accounts. On the other that had 0 HH points, I was not asked. You get the 1000 points instantly whether you upload or not

Thanks OP!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by IC6A
I hope it is not the potential start of devaluation of PriorityClub points...
I hope so as well but if it happens it either won't be for a while or it will be highly selective. IHG would have major egg on their face if they followed HH after making such a show of it.

What I would expect though is sometime later this year we'll see some sort of devaluation at the edges. You may remember that they briefly raised the redemption levels for the anywhere hotel cards. It may be something like that - probably not core redemption levels - at least not for a while. I'm not entirely happy about this thought but I don't see how they can keep going with the point credits like this no matter how anxious they are to steal share.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:38 am

Well, I think I should have a shot at getting something, as I never redeeemed before the devaluation (350K left).

If I thought I had a shot at the 2M, I would transfer all my Amex points over!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:38 am

Last edited by tmcneill; Jun 1, 2011 at 8:45 pm
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IC6A
I hope it is not the potential start of devaluation of PriorityClub points...
Giving a lot of people 1K points, a bunch of people up to 20K points, and one person 2 million points is not a sign of impending doom.

Last edited by soitgoes; Feb 3, 2010 at 7:56 am
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Giving a lot of people 1K points, 20 people 20K points, and one person 2 million points is not a sign of impending doom.
It's not 20 people getting 20k point, it's 20,000 people up to 20k points each. A big difference.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
I'm guessing they have some sort of OCR reader set up to parse the shots.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
It's not 20 people getting 20k point, it's 20,000 people up to 20k points each. A big difference.
Yeah, I know. I edited my post already. I still think giving a bunch of people up to 20K points is not a big deal. PCR has lots of promos as it is. We have people talking about one night sometimes netting close to 20K points.

I'm much more concerned about the Points & Cash loophole than I am about this.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:17 am

Great promotional idea. I was done with Hilton when the devaluation hit and priorityclub is now my hotel program.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Nice! With 40k HH I have no chance of a prize but the 1k PC was a nice gesture - thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
At last found usage for a wholly unused HH Gold card -with 500 bonus starter points ,dished out by AF a couple of years back.Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.