Search

*** Promotion Discussion Thread 2010 ***

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:40 pm

Programs: Skyteam
I'm not eligible for xx nights promos.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat
Can everyone keep their commentary in this thread and out of the promo thread? I remember how horrible it was to find anything in the 2009 thread quite quickly... so please KEEP COMMENTARY in here!!!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:07 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I had the same problem with not being eligible for the 3 nights & 4 nights ones (started with the lowest ones) and worked my through it. I got lucky with the 5 nights get 15K points one though which was a very pleasant surprise (should have tried thatone first anyway). Received email confirmation too so fingers crossed it will work.

Last edited by demue; Jan 3, 2010 at 4:22 am
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Globalist
Same here, I registered for 10k for 2 hotels and 20k points (1000 per qualifying night) receive emails but both dint show up. I have seen so many Promo codes but which ones are for 2010?

Globalist
Registered yesterday for 7492, stay 5 get 15000, but this one also does not show up online, only have the email confirmation.

And the best one, I registered for 6370, next stay bonus. This one does show up on my online profile with an end date of 31-12-09, and I have -3 days to qualify while it should show as expired

Globalist.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
I just checked my PC. Not a whiff of this promotion anywhere.
I noticed that promotions I registered for have vanished from the My Offers list...yet when I I try to re-register or chose another in the same category...It says I'm already registered. Strange.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:09 am

For the experienced users: Does it matter when you register for a promotion? Meaning, should it be before the reservation, before the check-in, or any time before the check-out?
Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by lippy
For the experienced users: Does it matter when you register for a promotion? Meaning, should it be before the reservation, before the check-in, or any time before the check-out?
Thanks.
In general, you are OK up until the day the points post - so you can even register in the 4-5 days after check-out. The only exception is usually bonuses for online booking. (Mods - feel free to move to Discussion thread!)
Old Jan 3, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Abdulmalik100
Good Day All Here

https://www. prioritypass.com/join/What-It-Costs.cfm?

http://www. ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/c/2/content/dec/pc/0/en/partners/europe.html
Thanks for the info.

**Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe we're not supposed to post complete links inside our posts per moderators ? If IHG sees to many hits from FT then they can/will monitor FT and shut-down many goodies by limiting to "targeted" account holders only and that eliminates 98% of points collectors instantly. The new priorityclub.connect community is bad enough for reckless posts of FT material

Last edited by szg; Jan 3, 2010 at 2:01 pm
Old Jan 3, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Can anyone confirm that 7492 is really for 15k points?? (stay 5=1500???)
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
The confirmation email says 15,000 so yes, however as mentioned it did not show up in my online offers overview

Globalist
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:16 pm
Moy

Originally Posted by retirementdreams
Originally Posted by Globalist
The confirmation email says 15,000 so yes, however as mentioned it did not show up in my online offers overview

Globalist
7492 is an old code that somebody found (in early Aug 2009) by inputting random junk codes into the promo registration page. I don't know why it was included in this year's Master Thread since I don't believe anybody ever verified that it indeed works.......................and in fact I highly doubt it does. @:-)
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: QF, AA, BD, PC, HH, Hertz
Originally Posted by Moy
7492 is an old code that somebody found (in early Aug 2009) by inputting random junk codes into the promo registration page. I don't know why it was included in this year's Master Thread since I don't believe anybody ever verified that it indeed works.......................and in fact I highly doubt it does. @:-)
Thanks for this info. I will make sure i register for an alternative stay x promo.

Does anyone know how long old promos appear under the My Offers tab? I have lots that expired in December...
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by qf_1020
Thanks for this info. I will make sure i register for an alternative stay x promo.

Does anyone know how long old promos appear under the My Offers tab? I have lots that expired in December...
Not sure exactly but some purge as they expire , some 6 months late, some longer....doesn't seem to be a set rule I find but would like the option of cleaning up expired offers to keep the list tidy...and low profile as to my activities.

PS. Good to be cautious on newly posted codes, some are dead ends, some codes don't match the posted promo, some might conflict with a better deal out the next day....I usually wait a while and observe so I don't get burned. Actually have a dead account (ie no stays) I test codes on first.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Radioman

Stay At Various Brands for Bonus Points

9659: staying at 2 different hotels
6677: stay at 2 brands
5667: get 10,000 points bonus for staying 3 times between 1/1 and 3/31/2010.
3671 Promotion: STAY 3 BRANDS, GET 10K POINTS

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
What's up with all these? Every one says I'm not eligible?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by srodr
Originally Posted by Radioman
Stay At Various Brands for Bonus Points
9659: staying at 2 different hotels
6677: stay at 2 brands
5667: get 10,000 points bonus for staying 3 times between 1/1 and 3/31/2010.
3671 Promotion: STAY 3 BRANDS, GET 10K POINTS
What's up with all these? Every one says I'm not eligible?
These promos are part of the Q1 2010 Stay X promos. If you are registered for a Stay X nights, Get Y points promo, you can't register for one of these as well. You can pick one from the whole list. Once you pick the best one for you and register for it, you can attempt to register for the others, but that will almost surely fail.

I sent a PM to Radioman to ask him to put a note about this in the promo list. The restrictions would be clearer if they were grouped with the Stay X nights promos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.