FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   The ICHG Club Lounge Thread - Everybody is Welcome! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1026579-ichg-club-lounge-thread-everybody-welcome.html)

szg Dec 12, 2009 1:40 am

The ICHG Club Lounge Thread - Everybody is Welcome!

Welcome to the ICHG Club Lounge thread! We are pleased to have you here!

This Lounge is modelled after the DL Forum Lounge, but with a local forum flavour and spirit. It is intended as a place for the ICHG forum community to hang out and chit chat, to introduce yourself, to find out what everyone is up to (or not as the case may be), to ask & answer questions that perhaps dont need a new thread for, etc.

FLYGVA, ralfkrippner and szg will be the hosts of this lounge. We are here to provide you with whatever assistance you may need. However, don’t be surprised if, more often than not, your fellow Lounge mates are just as helpful to you — if not more so — as are we.

Hopefully this Lounge will reduce off-topic noise in other threads, which will make the forum easier to use for both regulars and occasional visitors alike.

Before entering the Lounge, please follow the recommended guidelines:
  • Content in mileposts pertaining to the discussion of controversial topics, such as politics and religion, will be subject to editing and/or deletion. Off-topic discussion is allowed in this thread, but remember — this is not the OMNI forum, so please do not treat this thread as such.
  • No milepost padding will be allowed at any time. Excessive mileposts are subject to deletion.
  • As with the other ICHG forum threads, this thread is subject to the same guidelines, rules, terms and conditions governing FlyerTalk. While we do not like to do so unless absolutely necessary, your hosts, will take action if deemed necessary.
  • Please try to respond to multiple mileposts at the same time by including the quotes in one post. This helps to reduce the incessant “bumping” of this thread and also may make this thread easier to read.
  • If a different ICHG forum FlyerTalk thread starts to go off-topic, please continue the discussion in here. It may be helpful and convenient to others if links between threads are also provided — one in a post in the original thread with the words “Continued in the ICHG Club Lounge thread” linking to the pertinent post in this thread, and the other in this thread with the words “Continued from the (insert topic here) thread” linking to the pertinent post in the original thread. Reducing the humor and other off-topic discussion in the other threads will help in keeping those threads informative with valuable information for those ICHG forum FlyerTalk members who are primarily looking for information.
We trust that ICHG forum FlyerTalk members will use their good judgement, as they have done for the most part in the past, in ensuring that this thread remains civil, with a fun community spirit that may be shared by all.

szg Dec 12, 2009 1:40 am

Recommended Purposes

Please allow me to explain the proposed purposes for this Lounge.

• If you are new to posting to the ICHG forum:
  1. Please feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself and meet our members, as well as ask questions pertaining to posting on the ICHG forum. You will find many of the ICHG forum FlyerTalk members to be quite helpful, knowledgeable, informative, friendly, intelligent, patient, welcoming — and simply fun, so don’t be afraid or shy! You may use this thread to initiate yourself with becoming more comfortable with posting in the ICHG forum, while simultaneously getting acquainted with the other ICHG forum FlyerTalk members. After all, we want you to feel right at home here!
  2. If you have actual questions that relate to traveling or earning points/miles with Priority Club, we recommend that you please start your own topic after first doing a search on the subject or reply to an existing thread that is currently in the ICHG forum.
  • If you are an established current ICHG forum FlyerTalk member, welcome to your new home for “hanging out” with your fellow ICHG forum FlyerTalk members. Just pop open a cold one and discuss almost anything that is on your mind.
  • If you are an established former ICHG forum FlyerTalk member, please come back and post in this thread if you have the time. Your fellow ICHG forum FlyerTalk members most likely miss you...
Sample topics that may be discussed in the ICHG Club Lounge include but are not limited to:
  • Anything that has to do with the Priority Club Program and other partners of this program — especially topics that do not warrant launching a new thread or “bumping” an existing thread, no matter how ancillary or tenuous the connection. However, we recommend that valuable information pertaining to the Priority Club be posted in either a new or existing thread in the ICHG forum so that it does not get lost or buried in this thread.
  • Discussion about warm and cold nuts.
  • Weather-related topics.
  • Humorous topics.
  • Requests for the whereabouts of a fellow ICHG forum FlyerTalk member who has not posted in the ICHG forum in a while.
Please feel free to use this thread in any way you see fit, provided that you follow the recommended guidelines.

szg Dec 12, 2009 1:43 am

Greetings from IC Vienna Club lounge.

I am just having breakfast here in the lounge and I am enjoying the view - "white Vienna" !!

TheBeerHunter Dec 14, 2009 8:18 pm

gotta keep this thread going before it gets buried too far down!

I mysel currently sit at a very nicely redone HIX in the Portland area. Here for a few days for a class. I was able to register for ~45 of the codes kindly posted by TsarTsar on the promo link. This being my last (known) stay at any ICHG property this calendar year, it'll be interesting to see whether I get anything more than what I expect...

szg Dec 14, 2009 11:17 pm

I am on the way to the IC Hamburg for my last stay in this hotel. Let's see, what upgrade I will get today.

TheBeerHunter Dec 15, 2009 9:09 am

Originally Posted by szg (Post 12988185)
I am on the way to the IC Hamburg for my last stay in this hotel. Let's see, what upgrade I will get today.

Demand the Presidential Suite! Ask them to throw you a bone since they're leaving the chain and won't have to deal with crazy RA requests anymore :p

szg Dec 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter (Post 12990402)
Demand the Presidential Suite! Ask them to throw you a bone since they're leaving the chain and won't have to deal with crazy RA requests anymore :p

No Presidental Suite. :td:

szg Dec 19, 2009 9:45 am

After a nice afternoon at the christmas market in SZG I checked in at the IC Berchtesgaden. Now I am off to the spa area.

lemieux66 Dec 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by szg (Post 13018565)
After a nice afternoon at the christmas market in SZG I checked in at the IC Berchtesgaden. Now I am off to the spa area.

Outdoor pool instead of Club Lounge :-)
Maybe we should make the IC Berchtesgaden outdoor pool the new official Club Lounge with restricted access only :-)

nicolas75 Dec 19, 2009 4:56 pm

I am impatiently looking forward to the next posts like :
- I am brushing my teeth in the bathroom of the Room 414 at the Willard :rolleyes::rolleyes:

szg Dec 20, 2009 12:48 am

Originally Posted by lemieux66 (Post 13020224)
Outdoor pool instead of Club Lounge :-)
Maybe we should make the IC Berchtesgaden outdoor pool the new official Club Lounge with restricted access only :-)

Good idea !! ^

szg Dec 25, 2009 12:19 am

Merry Chrismas !!

jimthehorsegod Dec 25, 2009 3:19 am

Merry Christmas FTers

Thanks to everyone for the help they've provided over the year, looking forward to a terrific 2010, roll on the new PBs! :)

Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum. wishing you and yours a very happy Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Chris

SamsoniteBoy Dec 25, 2009 3:35 am

Seasonal Greetings to All.

However it is slightly worrying that I have already checked both for a PB update & on the FT forum .......... on Xmas Day:)

I'm not sure whether a little therapy might be appropriate.

Newbie downunder Dec 25, 2009 3:50 am

Dont feel so bad....you arent alone :D

Merry Christmas to all