IC Miami Doral Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2005, 9:40 am
mkt
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
IC Miami Doral Master Thread

^^

I'm going to be staying there next week, anyone stayed there and have anything to tell about it?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:00 pm
mkt
Original Poster

anyone at all?
Old Jul 16, 2005, 9:11 am

Programs: BA, Delta, Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt,
I've stayed at the IC, but not the West property, so can't comment on that one The IC has magnificent views from the upper floors....enjoyed our stay very much. Do you have a choice?
Old Jul 16, 2005, 7:29 pm

Might want to check out TRIPADVISOR.COM I gives the WEST pretty low marks. The other IC, that VA747 mentions, gets much higher marks.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 5:14 pm
mkt
Original Poster

I ended up cancelling, and I'm gonna stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Key Biscayne. If I'm gonna pay a premium price for a hotel, I'm gonna get the premium service
Old Sep 26, 2005, 4:52 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
Originally Posted by Chuckles
Might want to check out TRIPADVISOR.COM I gives the WEST pretty low marks. The other IC, that VA747 mentions, gets much higher marks.
TRIPADVISOR.COM is way off the mark on this location. I just completed a stay and was happy with hotel.

The hotel looked very nice, staff was very nice and the room was very quite.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:36 pm

Ditto that I stayed at it recently and thought it was pretty nice. Was upgraded to a large room of some sort on the club floor. Had fruit/water/chocolates and a thing of jelly beans in my room for me. The breakfast is a full hot breakfast on the club floor not just a continental one so overall a pretty decent value for the money.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 9:09 am

IC Miami West Questions

We will be staying in Miami (South Beach) for several days over the New Year's holiday. We may have to stay downtown or by the airport one night and are considering the Miami West (less than half the price of the IC downtown).

Does this hotel have any shuttle service to the beach? Otherwise, how much might a taxi be to South Beach?

As an RA, are we likely to get a room on the club floor? Is there anything special about the club besides the full breakfast? Finally, any comments from RAs regarding charges on snack items from the mini-bar?

Our other option is the Sofitel by the airport in case anyone can comment on that hotel as well.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
Originally Posted by fanoftravel

As an RA, are we likely to get a room on the club floor? Is there anything special about the club besides the full breakfast? Finally, any comments from RAs regarding charges on snack items from the mini-bar?
I am only a Platinum, Ambassador and I was placed in a room on the club floor. I can't give a good answer for most of the hotels services. I book the room around 2 pm on a Sat. Showed up around 8 PM the same day. So I missed drinks in the club.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by powerplantop
I am only a Platinum, Ambassador and I was placed in a room on the club floor. I can't give a good answer for most of the hotels services. I book the room around 2 pm on a Sat. Showed up around 8 PM the same day. So I missed drinks in the club.
Thanks powerplantop! How was the breakfast in the club?
Old Feb 19, 2006, 8:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
bump, any other comments on this property? I will be staying here next month and will post a review
Old Feb 20, 2006, 3:52 pm

I stayed here as a RA last weekend, and was incredibly disappointed. I tried to check in at the Ambassador desk, but on that Friday, it was the Royal Caribean desk for cruise customers checking in for their cruise the next day...this may explain some of the problems you will read about below.

*I am RA, booked a breakfast included rate. They put me on the club floor, in a smallish room, which did not bother me because I was spending little time in the hotel. At checkout, I was informed that the "breakfast included was only for the food served on the club floor, and not the $23 pp buffet at the Restaurant" This was removed after some words at the front desk.
(incidentally the club floor is on 5, and they might ask your room number, but usually don't)
*The Mini-bar was also on my bill, removed at check out, and then charged again. I am still waiting to see these charges removed from my credit card.
(Dania is the person in accounting to call when they do this to you)
*The Mini-bar was only refilled on the third day of our stay after I called and complained to guest relations. This usually isn't a problem (drinking the whole mini-bar), but the IC West Miami's mini-bar consisted of 1 vodka, 1 gin, 2 scotches, 2 beers, a couple of soft drinks, and 2 packs of oreos. When it was refilled, there was also a split of Mumm's Champagne, but I am not sure if this was an apology gift or part of the MB as there was no menu.
*The free fruit and water required a call to the front desk.

I think my next trip to Miami may be to the Downtown location, as it seems to have a better reputation. Would I stay here again...yes, but only if I had a very early flight out of MIA.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:46 am

Thanks for the update. It doesn't sound too promising but the downtown location is too expensive for the dates I need so I'll probably stick with this hotel.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 8:04 pm

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
Thumbs up

I stayed there last Nov for 2 nights on the way to the Caribbean. Didn't spend that long inside the hotel during the day. As an Amb was upgraded to a Club IC Business room and given access to the lounge. Lounge was basic but ok. I think there was a notice about only 2 alcoholic drinks but no-one was counting (within reason). Stayed there about a week after the hurricane went through but it was business as normal (except for the odd broken tree!)

Room was nice and housekeeping very good. Reception staff were efficient.

I noticed my room upgrade was done before I arrived (my reservation was upgraded). Good value for the price I paid. Got fresh fruit, water and gift in room.

Hotel is directly in line with one of the runways. However the only time I saw or heard a plane was whilst standing in the car park. I didn't hear anything from within the hotel.

Free car park. Hotel is near to Outback Steakhouse!

Overall no complaints and would stay there again.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 7:11 am

Sounds encouraging! Thanks for posting and welcome to FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.