Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Miami Doral Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:06 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I'm not a frequent Intercontenental guest, but had an event at the Doral and was getting the runaround on my corporate rate there so I snagged a $179 per night rate at this property. There is a heavy cruise traffic thru here, but they are good about getting the luggage moved and out of the way quickly. Overall, I'm pretty impressed, it is a nice clean and fairly modern hotel on the inside. the rooms have contemporary design, light woods, nice granite vanity top in the bathroom and marble on the floor and in the shower. The room I recevied has a nice couch, sitting chair and table. It's a very decent sized room. I'd guess this room has been refurb'd in the last year or so.
My colleagues who stayed at the Doral (Marriot I believe) are saying the IC is much nicer inside the rooms.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 2:33 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
any recent RA experiences at this property? It's selling for $120 a night on my days of travel.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by paul_nl
any recent RA experiences at this property? It's selling for $120 a night on my days of travel.
Check other threads, but in my experience, the IC West should be a CP, not an IC property. Staff very nice but the property is basically an airport type hotel. And it's not even an airport hotel; because of the geography and the construction around MIA, it is actually further from the terminal than the downtown IC!

While the price is usually cheaper at this property (especially when you figure parking costs $30 at the Chopin Plaza), the RA experience is much better at Chopin. IC West has a paucity of suites and is not as full-service.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
Try to stay downtown at the other IC, it is great RA experience. The IC west has the worst service of any IC i have ever stayed at. The manager would not even return my call to talk about the poor service. Also if you don't speak spanish you may have a problem communicating with most of the staff.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 5:38 pm

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
Depends how much you can afford to spend. No-one can dispute that the IC Miami has the better location but it is generally 2-3 times more expensive. I enjoyed my stays at IC Miami West. Modern hotel with upgrades done pre-arrival and free club access. Each to his/her own!
Old Mar 30, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titan, Hilton Dia, Sixt Dia, ex IC RoyalAmbassador
stayed last week-end in west miami. booked club as RA and got Club. no upgrade was possible.

service are ok, friendly staff, but don´t really knows the RA Benefits...
wouldn´t say that it is a real IC, maybe more a very good crown plaza...

just checked in in IC MIA Downtown. Big Difference! Got nice Suite with harbour view.

The IC Downtown is the better Deal!! Specialy if you want to go to south beach. (taxi west miami to south beach ~40 Dollar onway), so put this money in the room rate and enjoy the great IC Downtown!!
Old Mar 31, 2007, 5:44 am

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
I am staying there next week, does anyone know if they give Club room access to Platinum PC?
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Techtravler
I am staying there next week, does anyone know if they give Club room access to Platinum PC?
Priority Club Plat benefits do not apply to InterContinental hotels. Plain and simple.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:07 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by holtju2
Priority Club Plat benefits do not apply to InterContinental hotels. Plain and simple.
Of course they do. You do get a 50% points bonus
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:31 am

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by holtju2

I called the hotel, they said I get Club Room access. Also, I have had welcome gifts in my room at IC properties before.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Stayed there last Dec. as Ambassador but got in way after midnight and left midafternoon. Was upgraded to club floor but they did not tell me about the club lounge so missed the breakfast there but I had a enough to eat with the fruit, chocolate, etc. that they sent up as ambassador gift.

Okay enough property if you don't stay in the hotel that much and have a car. Not that convenient if you don't have a car and not that close to the airport. Okay lunch buffet .
Old Jul 7, 2007, 5:35 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Just checked out after a one night stay.

Had booked a pool-side room (wanted to enjoy the sun) but was upgraded to Club floor.... took the Club floor as I know the beds are WONDERFUL!!!

Club floor is a disappointment.

No Internet access. You have to go to the Business Center who charges $5 for 15 minutes (no comp for Club)
Cocktails (yes free)
Coconut shrimp and cheese plate. did not get to tea ...

Left at 6am shuttle.

No coffee in lobby and Club OPENS at 6am so not an option.

Hotel should be a CP not an IC based on the levels of service.

BTW you will appreciate a car as there are no restaurants within walking distance. Hotel restaurant was so-so. I many times make dinner on the Club-food but could not here!

Hotel shuttle to/from airport is every hour and you need to call for pickup at the AP prior to the 20minute past the hour mark or you will wait anyother cycle.

The IC downtown MIA is really great but it requires a car or cab and tends to be much more $$.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 7:31 pm

Checkin--do I go to the club lounge to check in, like I would at the IC Miami downtown? Or when they say "seperate check-in area" for club rooms are they referring to the priority club line at the front counter?

Here's hoping this hotel shows better then what some previous FT's have stated. Yes yes I know, I should stay at the IC Miami dowtown, but the rooms were starting at 400+ a night when I booked and this IC was half that.

But, be sure that I will give you a trip report.

Take care,
jrs101
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by jrs101
Checkin--do I go to the club lounge to check in, like I would at the IC Miami downtown? Or when they say "seperate check-in area" for club rooms are they referring to the priority club line at the front counter?

Here's hoping this hotel shows better then what some previous FT's have stated. Yes yes I know, I should stay at the IC Miami dowtown, but the rooms were starting at 400+ a night when I booked and this IC was half that.

But, be sure that I will give you a trip report.

Take care,
jrs101
They don't check people in at club lounge. The seperate check-in area is at the front desk.

No hope for this hotel, but you get what you pay for. You will be happier if you treat it as a renovated Holiday Inn. This is actually a good cheap IC hotel for you to fulfil your RA requirements (at least 3 ICs and 50 nights +). Seriously it should be downgraded to CP.

Here are my other comments on this hotel:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10904196-post5.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10672327-post12.html

Last edited by GordonGordon; Jan 18, 2009 at 10:34 pm
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Wink IC Miami Doral [Master Thread]

Recently stayed 2 weekday nights at IC West Miami with AAA rate $99/night. I first very hesitated to stay there again because of the unsatisfied/unhappy stay 2 years ago, but I just couldn't beat the rate and decided to give a try again. The rate was even cheaper than the Staybridge Suites 2 blocks away and a lot of HIs / CP nearby!!! To my surprise, a lot of things were improved and were better than the lousy stay 2 years ago.

Booked the cheapest room and was upgraded to King Club.They don't upgrade RA to suite at all (as usual) since there are only couple of suites in the entire hotel. Prior to my stay, I didn't check online to see if they pre-upgraded me since I was not excited about staying there.

Parking is free and is self-serviced, and no valet parking (same as before). When I entered the hotel, the porter gave me a big smile and asked if he could help me with my luggages. He then asked my last name and ran to the front desk before me to tell the front desk staff, "Mr. GordonGordon is checking in." Check in process was smooth and was upgraded to the Club room on the 5th floor. Improvement - Bell boy/porter was on guard all the time whenever I walked pass the front entrance.

Room
The room is standard size, not too spacious and not small neither. Nothing was really good or bad to talk about. Windows cannot be opened and are double grazed since the hotel is under the flight path. No noise was heard anytime.

Bathroom amenities/Toilette
At the beginning it was something not famous with a word "Flora", but about half an hour later the housekeeping kocked on my door and replaced them with "Molton Brown" amenities with shampoo, lotion, conditioner and soap (no shower gel). I guess the Molton Brown amenities are for RA only.

Ambassador gift
Later the fruit plate, small bottle of water, cheese plate, cholcolate plate with fresh strawberry dipped with chocolate and a welcome letter signed by Gabriela Martinez (Guest Services - front office Dept) was brought to my room.

Mini-bar
375ml of Moet Champagne, small bottles of Absolut Vodka, Bacardi Silver Rum. JW Black Scotch, Tanqueray Gin, Jose Cuervo Tequila, beers and soft drinks was there. 1/2 bottle of Merlot had been missing although it was on the paper list. The 2nd day of my stay my favorite Moet was refilled/replaced with Nicolas Feuillatte

Club lounge
Staff at the club lounge are very nice and polite. The waiter greeted me with smile and then went to the club reception desk to look for my name and came back to my table to greet me again with my name^. The breakfast was so-so with limited selection, but having the smoked salmon was a big improvement! No cooked to order items like eggs or omelette. Evening after 6pm, simple finger food and cheese plate was served.

Internet
Its free and speedy!

Overall the stay was quite good! I will not hesitate to stay there again if the room rate is good. This IC is no longer on my black list.

Last edited by GordonGordon; Oct 15, 2009 at 8:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.