IC Kiev [Master thread]

Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:41 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Is the lounge access worth 30 euros? also do they still offer the upgrade?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
I stayed at the IC Kiev over the weekend and I think the Club access is definitely worth the 30 euros. They have a nice breakfast buffet and you can order fresh cooked eggs, pancakes, and waffles. There is a very nice dinnertime buffet as well with enough that you could actually probably just stay in the Club for dinner and be fine. The tea time offerings are ok with not as many options, though they do have some sandwiches and sweets - the macarons are particularly good. When we were there the Club lounge was quiet with us having the place to ourselves much of the time. The staff are very nice and super helpful. The minibar fridge in the room has a selection of free drinks (no alcohol) for Club rooms as well.

I had booked a Club room and got an upgrade to a corner suite, which was excellent. The room was very clean and perfectly maintained with nothing to complain about, not even a little bit. This is a really nice hotel in a great area and we found all of the staff to be very nice and helpful. They even gave me a card and a delicious chocolate cake for my birthday. Plus, they still give you the choice of a free drink in the bar or 600 points when you check in, and they did actually give me the points which posted the next day.

The IC Kiev reminded me of why I have enjoyed staying at ICs in the past, though some of the favourites have slipped in standards and service (I'm looking at you Berlin), so it has renewed my faith in the IC brand. (Luckily my next 3 IC stays are in Asia, so I can keep that good feeling going for a bit.)

Last edited by KMPete; Aug 28, 2017 at 1:51 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:15 pm

Do they have 2 twin beds room? Is it standard room in their classification? I’m trying to book 2 nights and don’t see any availability for the next few months.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:24 am

How do they treat RA on reward stays?

Interesting that the listing on pointbreaks didn't trigger any activity in this thread.
vsevolod4 and Lewis42 like this.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:21 am

IC KIEV on award

has anyone had any recent experience with upgrade and club using an award night?
I see there was one experience about a year ago but nothing since.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
has anyone had any recent experience with upgrade and club using an award night?
I see there was one experience about a year ago but nothing since.
Bad hotel for RA. They try to bend the rules to your disadvantage. Don’t care about RA or InterContinental policies.

RAs should only book base rooms here, as they don’t upgrade beyond exec room (even when suites are available). Arrogant staff. Highly unhelpful, even when confronted with the rules.

You might be lucky and get lounge on reward (even though this is more than what T&C require).

Minibar is stripped, even on paid nights.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA GOLD,DELTA DM, IC RA , HILTON GOLD, NAT. EE
I stayed 3 nights this spring on PB . great time !!
Room up graded , with club lounge access .
We found the club to be excellent . Good Quality food and drink .
Friendly service , not crowded . on the 2nd floor .
Mini bar privileges as RA .
Good location . Taxi from airport about $25 dollars .
Quaint jazz bar across the square . Excellent staff.
Old May 27, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by darby1970
I stayed 3 nights this spring on PB . great time !!
Room up graded , with club lounge access .
We found the club to be excellent . Good Quality food and drink .
Friendly service , not crowded . on the 2nd floor .
Good location . Taxi from airport about $25 dollars .
Quaint jazz bar across the square . Excellent staff.
I second that about the IC Kiev. One of the top ICs overall, with great RA treatment
Old May 28, 2018, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by darby1970
Which minibar privileges? A few soda's and a beer? Like any other guest?
Old May 28, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by 336
Which minibar privileges? A few soda's and a beer? Like any other guest?
​​​​​​
You can order the liquor package as often as you want. Information was explicitly given to us at check-in and has been mentioned several times in the property threas here.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:27 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Is lounge access still 30 euros per day?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Is lounge access still 30 euros per day?
No. They will most likely offer EUR60 per day, which is an absurd price unless you are a party of two wedded to the notion that there's something nice about run of the mill hotel buffets.

It's worth countering any initial offer with your own idea of value. My offer of EUR30 w​​​​​as snapped up. I've revised my notion of value and wouldn't bother with it on future visits: their are many cafes, bars and restaurants offering excellent value close by the hotel.

The lounge is a charmless room on the second floor. It lacks the space and style found in other European ICs. Unsurprisingly, it seems populated by only a small handful of long-term guests. The food offer is OK, though unexciting, and of course there's lots of booze, but neither food nor drinks follow IHGs latest iteration of brand standards. This is not necessarily a bad thing if you seek to dine in the place rather than graze over cocktails.

The single staff member serving on my short stay was the only delight offered by the lounge
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Had a short stay in Kiev for business. Prices for this hotel seems to be locked in at around 240 EUR per night (without any corporate discounts), which is no less than 3-4 times more than Holiday Inn. I opted for Holiday Inn and was happy with my decision after having drink at IC later in the day. IC was a ghost town with no guests in sight (what else to expect for that price on slow Sunday...?). Staff seemed friendly, drinks were good, but the Holiday Inn definitely did the trick. Considering the suite exclusion list and the rather small size of other rooms, IC Kiev is definitely a hot points-burning location.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.