Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Pattaya (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2009, 3:13 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DIM
We have to be very careful with this hotel. I have to stay there for the vacation. The promo price is good. BUT they have so called "guest fee" which is more than a room price -- 2000 bat. You have to pay this money every time then you taking any guest to your room. The whole night with the best Thai girl costs 1500!!!
Aehm well that's what some of us were eluding too in previous posts ... your choice of hotel depends on the ... well other activities one plans. From the HI side it is fairly standard practice to charge heavily for something they want to discourage.

The HI Phuket has been doing this for years (actually I think they don't even allow guest against a charge but that's not important) as they focus on families and tourist groups from Europe who are 'sensitive' to this aspect of their vacation experience and frown upon it. So looks like the HI Pattaya is following a similar path. Now why anyone would go to Pattaya with family and all that is a different question altogether

For you just look around and find a different place that suits you better and you will be happier.

Cheers ...
Old Nov 23, 2009, 4:13 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmboŽ/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by DIM
We have to be very careful with this hotel. I have to stay there for the vacation. The promo price is good. BUT they have so called "guest fee" which is more than a room price -- 2000 bat. You have to pay this money every time then you taking any guest to your room. The whole night with the best Thai girl costs 1500!!!

So what are the rates for a real old slapper ..and who decides.Is there some sort of panel of judges located at reception ?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 7:39 pm
DIM

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by docklander
..and who decides.Is there some sort of panel of judges located at reception ?
I have received the mail from the general manager explaining the hotel rules. According to him, before taking any guest to your room, you have to pay this fee. Or the fee will be credited to your bill during the check-out. Even if you are lining alone in double room.
So, reception will spying
As for me, it`s crazy to pay 1900 as a room rate and 2000 as a fee!
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:44 pm

Programs: NW, UA
pattaya beach water is toxic and unswimmable for the falangs.

for a beach vacation, consider southern thailand. only 1 hr. from BKK on air asia or bangkok air for $25-$50.

pattaya definitely is not known for a beach vacation and i would not recommend taking your wife/gf/family.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by docklander
So what are the rates for a real old slapper ..and who decides.Is there some sort of panel of judges located at reception ?
I'm assured by a long-time resident that the market rate for a high-quality room-visitor is well over the THB1500 level. But many may offer lower rates, hoping for longer term remittances from smitten clients based overseas. There's quite an industry in translating and preparing heart-rending emails (with bank account details attached).

To keep on topic, the hotel seems to be totally non-discriminatory in its approach. Belle de Jour and the beach-side chancer would attract the same "visitor" charge. Not sure how they'd handle it if you befriended a visiting fellow-tourist though...

On my curtailed stay at the place there seems to be an awful lot of "visitor" traffic through lobby and into the lifts, with no stop at reception.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Nov 25, 2009 at 3:18 am
Old Nov 25, 2009, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK

To keep on topic, the hotel seems to be totally non-discriminatory in its approach. Belle de Jour and the beach-side chancer would attract the same "visitor" charge. Not sure how they'd handle it if you befriended a visiting fellow-tourist though...

On my curtailed stay at the place there seems to be an awful lot of "visitor" traffic through lobby and into the lifts, with no stop at reception.

haha...well it must be a fairly hazardous occupation being a HI hooker gate dragon.They probably only intervene when the 'companion's' nightly appearance change is clearly not the result of some fairly outstanding repeated make overs.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:50 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by DIM
I have received the mail from the general manager explaining the hotel rules. According to him, before taking any guest to your room, you have to pay this fee. Or the fee will be credited to your bill during the check-out. Even if you are lining alone in double room.
So, reception will spying
As for me, it`s crazy to pay 1900 as a room rate and 2000 as a fee!
I predict enforcement of these rules will be difficult, awkward, and in the end not sustainable.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 8:50 am
DIM

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Ian, was you already in this hotel? So, any registration of the "guests" on the reception and any fee? I have the idea to spend a week there. But I`m looking for relax and on my point of view the official guest fee was too big
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by DIM
Ian, was you already in this hotel? So, any registration of the "guests" on the reception and any fee? I have the idea to spend a week there. But I`m looking for relax and on my point of view the official guest fee was too big
DIM I was there, only stayed a night, and remain a virgin. Of sorts. I saw a number of girls being taken up to rooms, and no sign of anyone checking them in. Who know, perhaps they were already checked in.

I think the hotel would find it difficult to apply a charge like this, and may not try to, if the situation remains "low-key", discrete.

There are a number of perfectly decent hotels, better positioned for nightlife and with a more generous attitude to helping you entertain. If you message me I'll dig out some addresses.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
I stayed at this hotel from November 8-10, 2009 at the promo rate of bt1,999++, no ABF. I had my Thai girlfriend with me at check-in so I can't comment on the joiner fee. I was never hassled when we returned each evening.

The hotel itself is pretty cool but as a previous poster stated, it is only a good value at the current grand opening promo prices. The breakfast buffet was priced at Bt650++, a ridiculous price considering the Marriott is Bt450++ and is considered the best in town.

The hotel room itself was good with a good view; my room faced south which is probably the better view. Bathroom good sized. Three free internet stations in the lobby.

Overall, I wouldn't pay more than Bt3,000++ including breakfast. I imagine the rates will be considerably higher than that once the grand opening specials expire.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:55 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
HI Pattaya

Staying at the HI Pattaya because the IC BKK is closed due to protests.

Very new hotel with nice amenities. Booked a mid-priced room, was given a GREAT 2 room suite with a fantastic ocean view from 2 balconies.

No club, but good breakfast included. Nice pool for adults separate from kids.

Good staff, very clean, great location, great price ($125/night).^
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,Platinum Ambassador, BA Gold, Qatar Platinum, Hertz 5 Star
Is this hotel currently busy at the moment as I was going to book a 3 night stay in a couple of weeks to get the double/treble points in May.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by blacknight
Is this hotel currently busy at the moment as I was going to book a 3 night stay in a couple of weeks to get the double/treble points in May.
All of Thailand is a bit slow in bookings due to the Red Shirt protests. The HI Pattaya looked about 50% or so occupancy.

No problems at the airport or in Pattaya. The IC Bangkok and HI are closed due to protests. The HI Silom is open but veeeery quiet with about only a 10% occupancy,
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,Platinum Ambassador, BA Gold, Qatar Platinum, Hertz 5 Star
Thanks for the feedback I am due to fly to BKK tomorrow. Was also hoping to stay in BKK for a few days although the protests seem to be getting worse there.

UK government have issued a stay away notice so guess my travel insurance will also be void now.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:25 pm

Yeah the Oceanview Suite upgrade is terrific-almost makes Pattaya bearable.Just been to IC & HI silom BKK.

IC was verrrrry quiet....so quiet all floors above 25th were closed & Club IC was serving 'Sets' (basically a plate of 'canapes' handed over to the few who entered the lounge).HI Silom bit busier & got a thank-you letter from the GM , a bowl of fruit and a box of chocies as apparently it was my 20th stay.I like that hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.