Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:56 am

What's the deal with the shuttle? do they charge or not?
and is it both ways or only from the hotel?

I found this time table where it says it's free (there's no date on it though)

https://www.eiseverywhere.com/file_u...e_bus_info.pdf
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:44 pm

They charge both ways. Very reasonable.

From the airport to the hotel they will collect the charge only at check in.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
They don't charge both ways. Free from airport to hotel. Sign say kr15 for return. My co-worker left to the airport yesterday and they didn't charge her. We'll see if they charge me tomorrow.

I booked an Executive room. Nice & spacious with a good view. XX16 room number on high floor. Room is clean.

AC can only be adjusted +/- 3C and it doesn't stick. My co-worker didn't have this problem.

My shower floods over if the water runs more than 60 seconds at a time.

I left the room at 10:40AM with housekeeping sign hung on door. 4:15PM and room still not cleaned. Three other rooms on my floor with the signs hanging also.

Evening food in lounge is SPARSE. Don't expect to make a meal. Free beer from 6AM - 1AM. Two bottled pilsners & Heineken. Water soda & other beverages also available. My interactions with the staff have been excellent. Really kind people.

The lounge isn't attended very often: My pics aren't uploading. I'll try again later.

The Field's mall next door is a godsend. 24 restaurants and the huge grocery store opens at 6AM (at least on weekdays). Several buffets , Burger King & KFC.

Gym is OK and you can get a free pass to a real gym in the mall if you ask the front desk.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Jun 15, 2019 at 1:03 pm
Old Oct 11, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I'm staying here next week for a couple of nights on points. What's the latest on Spire Elites getting upgraded to a Club room and/or lounge access on reward nights here? Many thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:39 pm

I'm always being asked if I want club access or points as Spire at this hotel. This seems to be a quite consistent policy.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by Oletjala
I'm always being asked if I want club access or points as Spire at this hotel. This seems to be a quite consistent policy.
Me too.. pretty easy answer....
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Buzzman
Me too.. pretty easy answer....
Thanks both of you, yes I’ll be choosing lounge access when so I get there this evening. Have already been upgraded online from Deluxe room to King Feature.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by olympian
Thanks both of you, yes I’ll be choosing lounge access when so I get there this evening. Have already been upgraded online from Deluxe room to King Feature.
It's a good choice. I found the actual lounge location to be pretty cold and drab, but the food was good. I wish they had better mixers for the booze, like tonic for the gin, but it was a great spot. The entrance is the gate on the right, once you swipe your key. Don't be a nobbin and pull on the door near the RFID reader like me.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:58 am

I have a flight out of CPH to LHR at 7:15 a.m., BA Club Europe (business), on a Sunday morning. No checked bags.

Not all that familiar with CPH airport or with the shuttle from this hotel. It looks as though the first shuttle leaves at 6:00 a.m. Should this be sufficient? It also looks as though the s-train is an option, but if the shuttle won't work I think I'd probably just pay up the extra cost and book at the clarion at the airport.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by lkar
I have a flight out of CPH to LHR at 7:15 a.m., BA Club Europe (business), on a Sunday morning. No checked bags.

Not all that familiar with CPH airport or with the shuttle from this hotel. It looks as though the first shuttle leaves at 6:00 a.m. Should this be sufficient? It also looks as though the s-train is an option, but if the shuttle won't work I think I'd probably just pay up the extra cost and book at the clarion at the airport.
The Shuttle bus to the airport takes less than 10 minutes as does the train. When flying Business, you can use the priority lane at the airport security.
lkar likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:51 am

Any experience what upgrade to expect as Spire Elite?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by das_ubersoldat
Any experience what upgrade to expect as Spire Elite?
Basically rooms look quite the same, the difference is mainly view and high floor.

I receive club access premium high floor.

Premium room

Club

Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Copenhagen Crowne Plaza Towers

Here for 3 nights as a spire/ diamond on points. Only 25k points ,so a good deal compared to cash. Upgraded in app day before to a “ premium, high floor room with lounge access”. 20usd taxi ride from airport. They take credit cards. Quick check in. Told breakfast was complimentary in restaurant. Breakfast was adequate to good.

Premium room really is bigger than normal room by about 3-5 feet in width and bathroom includes both a shower and tub. They are on the corners, so windows on two sides. Real desk, not just counter. Good comfortable room. No housekeeping on Saturday by 3pm, so we called the desk. They said housekeeping would be there soon, but never showed up.

Lounge was mixed. Open all day with soft drinks and good Tuborg beer. “Happy Hour” not so happy. They bring out a huge block of cheese and a few other cheeses and wine. So, very good if you want to sit in the afternoon, drink beer, and eat chips. Not so good if you are expecting a Europe Hilton spread with more food and liquor. Then Saturday night there was no cheese and wine at all. We were usually the only people there. The pictures above are not from happy hour. They appear to be from breakfast in the lounge.

There is a Burger King across the street to the south. There is a big mall with a huge food court across the street to the north.

The next door metro station ticket machine would not take credit cards from other currencies. Took a taxi down to Tivoli for 35usd. Taxi to cruise ship was 60usd.

May come back for one night if transiting, but will stay downtown at the Radisson or something if it is more nights. Kinda mixed feelings about the place.
PACLipper likes this.

Last edited by pretzlaff; Apr 24, 2022 at 7:31 am
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Thanks for this review. After reading it, I think my choice for Copenhagen Marriott is a good one.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by PACLipper
Thanks for this review. After reading it, I think my choice for Copenhagen Marriott is a good one.
Actually both Crowne Plaza, Moxy, AC and Marriott are managed by the same holding company in Copenhagen. Marriott is more worn out and older than Crowne Plaza. Lounge at Marriott is bigger and with more food options. Breakfast is in the lounge only. But Marriott location is far more convenient as it is more central.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.