Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
You can also rent for free electric bikes at reception.
Great to visit the city when the weather is fine.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by tom911
Very easy. You walk out the back door of the hotel and you have your choice of Metro or suburban trains (different tracks- Metro above ground - photo a couple posts above- and suburban trains at a lower level).

The suburban trains will take you to Copenhagen Central in 8 minutes if you wanted to start there (across from Tivoli Garden and not far from the Town Hall which would start the pedestrian shopping area). Other than one trip into Copenhagen Central to meet a friend there, I found the Metro served me a lot better.

I did go out to the aquarium one day with Metro and it required heading into the city, changing lines, and then heading back out towards the airport.
It is faster to get to the aquarium if you take the train to the airport and then change to the metro.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
I checked in to this property last night, even at 11.23pm there were long ques. Overall seems like a great CP property. As a Spire Ambassador got moved to a "Feature Room", which I think is a lot better than the Executive Rooms, namely because of the free mini bar and more homely layout. They also provide free in room movies but our TV isn't working haha, but we didint come here to watch TV anyway. Club lounge is great, and breakfast was pretty good for a club lounge breakfast. Has anyone snagged a Suite upgrade here? What is that like?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cuzzybro
Has anyone snagged a Suite upgrade here? What is that like?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23116318-post260.html
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:55 am

Stayed there last week. As spire. Was told I got upgraded. Room was on top floor (25 i believe), elevator listed floor as suites and keycard was needed. Room was nothing special. Not sure if it was in fact a "suite," but if so, was a joke. Got lounge access and it was decent. Nice evening hours. Staff was hit or miss in lounge. Some staff closed breakfast promptly without any warnings and some gave nice head's up last call.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Make sure you pay attention to the currency when you check out at this hotel. Without asking, the guy behind the counter charged my credit card in my home currency, rather than local. This meant I missed out on my credit card bonus points for spending abroad, and the hotel used their own conversion rate which was terrible.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Plat AMB, HH Diamond, Delta Silver, Finnair Plat
Did a 3 night stay on points a few weeks back. Got upgraded to a room on the 2nd floor from the top (24 I think) with free minibar and a view of the AC Marriott and the city behind it. Lounge access included and as others have said, its a pretty decent albeit not large spread. Concierge staff were pretty good when the desk was actually manned and we rented electric bikes for a day (~$30 for 2 bikes) which was a bit of a pain because we had to go through their entire fleet to find 2 that were functional. Bikes were great once we had them though. Only gripe is that when we checked out they told me everything was taken care of which was strange because they didn't charge me for the bikes so I figured maybe they waived the fee for the inconvenience of 30 minutes finding a functional one. 3 weeks after my stay they finally charged something to my card which I can only assume is the bikes based on the price.

Overall, I'd say its a great value for points as the room would have been ~200 euros otherwise.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:27 pm

I didn't get the free minibar. that's nice!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Just checked in here and was informed they changed their policy and platinums no longer get free lounge access...otherwise nice property but seems negative change
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
I got free lounge access as Spire on a points stay, about 2 weeks ago.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by techoin
Just checked in here and was informed they changed their policy and platinums no longer get free lounge access...otherwise nice property but seems negative change
Bummer. I'll be there next month and that would have been great.

Let everyone know if anything changes, but i'm sure it's doubtful.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:17 am

I know it for a fact. Asked them yesterday. No free lounge access for Platinum members anymore. Spires only.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:06 am

I was there July 3rd and 4th.

Was told at check in that lounge access was going to be for Spires only after our stay. We signed up for the IHG card recently so was glad we got in just under their cutoff. The lounge is okay from a food perspective - a decent drink selection. During dinner, they have a good assortment of wines to choose from - I recall 3 whites and 3 reds. Plus a variety of liquor. One of the lounge workers, this shorter but really burly guy, is incredibly nice. He made crepes for this family, and brought us pastries from the back when we asked.

Hotel location is good to get in and out of Copenhagen and the airport. The mall nextdoor has a huge supermarket and some food selections in the food court.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by techoin
I think the change is positive. When Elite status was introduced to Priority Club (PC) in 1998, Platinum (PC Top tier) members used to get great upgrades at many hotels and club access at Crowne Plaza. With the introduction of Elite status through credit cards, hotels pushed back and reduced benefits due to the significant increase in Platinum Elite.

Although it is still easy to get Spire status (credit card and partner spend), hotels are now properly recognizing the top tier of the loyalty program. I hope to see this go across all brands.

mxm135
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:34 pm

At this hotel now. Platinum status. No lounge access given. Choice between 600 points and a drink at the bar. Lounge offered for something like $50 per day. No thanks. No room upgrade either despite the hotel being very empty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.